·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
235 Posts
Anything to do with emotion.
I find it's worse to say something which creates an extreme emotional reaction in someone else when you had no intention of doing it. I've done it at least a few times in my life!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
"It was nice to meet you."

Most of the time it wasn't really all that nice... And unless your personality matched your body language, you'll most likely be written off as a fake and forgotten within minutes.

"I need your help."

It's like pulling teeth out of my anus after a crocodile latched on and did a barrel roll. I'd rather punch a hive of killer bees.

"Here, let me show you again."

I'm imagining your murder for making me repeat myself.

·
Registered
651 Posts
"Good morning"
(have great difficulty repeating this phrase to everybody every freakin' morning like I give a DAMN, is it just me or is this an ISTP thing? I might even start a threat on this. I am serious, I need help!)

"Lemme call you back kay?" (NOT!)

"Dafuq dude!"

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I find it's worse to say something which creates an extreme emotional reaction in someone else when you had no intention of doing it. I've done it at least a few times in my life!
When Michael Clarke Duncan's death was announced I almost posted on my Facebook "Score one for carnivores." I'm sure that would have pissed some people off.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When Michael Clarke Duncan's death was announced I almost posted on my Facebook "Score one for carnivores." I'm sure that would have pissed some people off.
So?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
What do I try not to say? Half the things that pop into my head... unless the person I am talking to has somehow managed to lose all of my respect (certain ESTJ....) Then there is no filter. It's like sarcasm city.

Anything that starts with "That makes me feel like..."
The words "always" and "never"
Specific times

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's easier to avoid pissing off the 30+ family members I have on Facebook, than to say whatever the hell I want and have to explain it to everyone.
I was kidding, but in any case, I appreciate that.

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
"i'm sorry"

this one kills me. like, no matter how sorry i actually am, i just can't say it >.< i can't listen to it, either. i have a sister who insists on making formal, heartfelt apologies after any argument, and i'm like "GOSH CAN'T YOU JUST LEAVE IT ALONE!!!" inside. on the outside, though, usually i just keep quiet until she's done and then go "okay, fine" as non-rudely as i can manage. which, like, it's awful, and i feel bad, but i just can't.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
"Good morning"
(have great difficulty repeating this phrase to everybody every freakin' morning like I give a DAMN, is it just me or is this an ISTP thing? I might even start a threat on this. I am serious, I need help!)

"Lemme call you back kay?" (NOT!)

"Dafuq dude!"
I never say good morning. i hate hate hate saying that and i can't stand when people say good morning. what's so good about mornings???

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I don't say "I'm sorry" , I'd rather have a 2 hour long explanation to why I wasn't actually wrong then to say I'm sorry.

Because:

1. I'm usually NOT sorry (if someone's feelings are hurt it's their problem not mine, i only said the truth, am i supposed to be sorry for the truth? I don't think so)

2. I'm usually not wrong. Almost everything has 2 sides, everyone has different perspectives. Something that might be right to me is wrong to someone else. Why should I feel sorry? And why should I say sorry if i don't feel sorry?

3. I don't expect people to apologize either. In fact I cant' stand it when people apologize but do the same shit over and over and over again.

·
Registered
499 Posts
"You're such a great friend!" Way too awkward and feely.

"Just sayin'." I absolutely despise this phrase. It communicates to me that everything they said before it was pointless and served no purpose other than to express the thought that was on their mind at the time.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I am actually fine saying most of the posted phrases, but I do have a problem with absolute words like "always" and "never". Whenever I use them they are most likely preceded with "almost" or something to that effect.

I avoid saying things in that are fake, but that doesn't mean I won't say things to be nice/polite -- they do have to have an element of truth/honesty or sincerity though.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts