Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phrases You Avoid

5K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  Tea Path 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have a hard time not saying "mah *****" in casual conversation while around white people. They always seem to gasp when I say it, don't really get that since I've grown up around latinos/blacks all my life (I'm a plate of rice and beans) and it's not necessarily offensive to me. Now '******'... THAT's a different story.

I also don't make dead baby or rape jokes, I don't find those funny at all. Not really phrases, but I hate them.

I don't like saying "Later" or "dude" or any type of dumb pet names like "Sweetie" or "Honey". Hell, I don't even care for phrases like "alphamale" or "alphafemale", they're disturbing.

#6 ·
Oh so serious :p

I can add that I won't ever feel rushed or even compelled to utter the phrase "I want oral sex with a woman" or something along those lines. And yes, I've already tried thank you very much.

Leave it up to me to contaminate the entire thread.

#8 ·
I can't stop laughing at that.

#10 ·
Oh, don't wear that, it does nothing for you-I'd type that as might say but might not necessarily mean.
Never say: C*nt. just hate that word. calling women girl, calling people stupid (that aren't), quit.
Regret saying: let's jump off this bridge, it'll be fun! 1 broken tail bone later . . . .

Prefer not to say: "Fine" for how I'm doing. Alas, I'm likely to tell you *exactly* how I'm doing.

Reactions: chimeric
#12 ·
I'm sorry.

I don't consciously avoid it, but I don't really like to think the world is centered around blame.
Like, there are always different sides to a story. I think everyone is to blame whenever something happens. And even if someone is to blame, I think we should just move on. No use crying over spilt milk, right?

And, stupidly enough, I expect the same from others. But I always forget that people are stupid and ignorant and need to blame everyone else just so they can keep believing that they're the greatest person that has ever lived.

"When in doubt, blame someone else!"

#13 ·
"I'd love to see pictures of your grandchildren!"

#16 ·
"I don't know." Especially when it comes to any aspect of my career or knowledge base.

#23 ·
"Always", "Never", and basically all other over-generalizations. They make one look stupid because they rarely stick.

Such is life- "But X never happens!" *X Happens*

#24 ·
"I'm going to throw you a baby shower."

ugh ... not even if you paid me

#26 ·
"I love how you added a tutu to a Spider-Man costume to make it a girl costume"...you know, cuz it looks exactly like Spider-Man that way :rolleyes:

Oh and "I love how you decided to name your daughter my Son's name, but spelled with a Y to make it more girlie"...way to ruin a perfectly nice, strong boys name just because of your need to be unique. By the way, anything ending in "Son" means Son of______. I guess the meaning doesn't matter to you though.

#32 ·
Oh and "I love how you decided to name your daughter my Son's name, but spelled with a Y to make it more girlie"...way to ruin a perfectly nice, strong boys name just because of your need to be unique. By the way, anything ending in "Son" means Son of______. I guess the meaning doesn't matter to you though.
TOTAL pet peeve of mine!!!! Next, they'll be using Fitz or Mac/Mc. sigh. Unique should not = confusing.

Reactions: Enfpleasantly
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.