Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You see a person you're attracted to. In what order do you rank tangible aspects of that person's physicality? Gimme a top five, with one being the most attractive to five being the, though still attractive, not quite the highlight of what is attractive about this person to you.

1 - Eyes
I look into people's souls and can often tell what kind of person they are without even talking to them. Though I don't turn people down necessarily because their eyes don't meet my standards; I get to know them to be realistic. It's just an intuitive thing, all I can really say. And hey, I last scored as a 100% intuitive, so what do ya know. Lol. It's my first glimpse into them, them into me, without any of the social barriers a situation might cause me to hint at what they're like. I just watch how they're eyes react to various circumstances, use empathy as if to put their own set of eyes inside my own, and see how I would respond in their shoes to get a better image in my mind inside their mind.

2 - Hands
Trust me, I'm not into palmistry, but I find hands to be somewhat self-revealing. We use them everyday, more than we realize, and they handle most of the brutal tasks which we otherwise would not be able to perform without them. Take a moment and give your hands a round of applause. [; They're always applauding the efforts of some other thing but never get any damn recognition themselves! Okaaaay, back on track. Lol. I think they show a lot about people. I think musicians are sexy, especially pianists. The long, skinny fingers. I don't know... fetish? It adds a totally new element meeting them, and shaking their hands, thinking these hands has performed musicological greatness. Basically I intuit what life events a person has endured throughout their life. Call me crazy, but what I believe based off their hands is more often than not actually true about their interests and character.

3 - Physique
I prefer women who are in shape. Shows they watch what they eat and care about having good health. Good health is important to me, so if we're dating then I'd like our lifestyle choices to be as compatible as possible. I'm not looking for a model physique, just toned and maybe every now and then, if not more, does some kind of recreational activity like yoga, frisbee, etc.

4 - Smile
I'm sorry but little makes me look elsewhere than a person who puts on a show with their smile. A good smile for me means having good teeth, quite dimples, and lips I wouldn't mind pressing onto my own. Just takes my breath away.

5 - Hair
Shows one of the few things a girl can actually control that her body freely generates and often gives off an image of what they idealize. I look at a girl's eyes, hands, physique, smile, and sort of combine all of them together in my head to see how their hair formulates my view on how attractive they are. Again, another intuitive thing which keeps bringing me back to my idealism about how we'd look together. It's hard to put into words what I mean sometime. Stupid Ni! So sorry to all the Sensors out there. There were too many "intuitive things" in this thread. By now you're probably racking your brain just waiting till you can finish what I have to say. Lmao. I prefer bangs, but really it's whatever.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I soooo second you on the hands, they are so underrated! And I was once talking with a fairly pretty girl and then i caught one glimpse of her short chubby fingers and was surprised at how turned off I got. Yuk!

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I soooo second you on the hands, they are so underrated! And I was once talking with a fairly pretty girl and then i caught one glimpse of her short chubby fingers and was surprised at how turned off I got. Yuk!
I don't believe you. Let's see the hands of that chick in your signature. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Well this thread is making me thankful I don't have ugly hands :crazy:

I'm not sure about the OP though, it just depends on the guy because certain things catch my eye before others depending on who I'm looking at.

For one guy, I would say its 1) Physique 2) eyes 3) hair 4) lips 5) I have no clue.

For another its 1) eyes 2) face 3) physique 4) hair 5) again no clue.

So really it just depends on who I'm looking at. And apparently I don't do number 5.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree with WildWinds, it really just depends on the person. One guy could have amazing eyes and average hair while another has an unbelievable smile and and ok physique. I guess its just a combination of things particular to that person that makes them attractive. No one thing is a deal breaker.

Reactions: Rogue Eagle

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I don't believe you. Let's see the hands of that chick in your signature. :tongue:
Don't believe me.....wha.,,?

And yes! Doesn't it seem like she would just have the most elegant slender hands? Mmmmmm. Actually of all of myself physically the one thing I'd want to change is my hands. I got pretty much everything from my mom except my hands, which I got from my biological dad *barfs*.... Pretty harry which I don't really mind but fingers are just average, although because I pop my knuckles so much they have gotten kind of ape looking for lack of a better term XD

Another woman that would seem to have great hands isss......

I think I just love slim brunettes with thin lips in red....lol

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I don't like to compartmentalize people.....I tend to take people in as a whole, visually. I don't approach anyone with a checklist.

That said, I will play the game...
If I analyzed past patterns in what I find attractive, it's often men who:

1. have nice eyes - any color, any size, any shape, it's more of a setting/expression thing
2. have nice hair - I have especially noticed that I like blonds or curly brown hair
3. have a lean body with broad shoulders, taller than me
4. have an interesting style, but not overdone
5. IDK...overall face is probably #1, but that seemed too vague...

Reactions: Monte

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well this thread is making me thankful I don't have ugly hands :crazy:

I'm not sure about the OP though, it just depends on the guy because certain things catch my eye before others depending on who I'm looking at.

For one guy, I would say its 1) Physique 2) eyes 3) hair 4) lips 5) I have no clue.

For another its 1) eyes 2) face 3) physique 4) hair 5) again no clue.

So really it just depends on who I'm looking at. And apparently I don't do number 5.
What you talkin' bout? I like your hair.

I agree with WildWinds, it really just depends on the person. One guy could have amazing eyes and average hair while another has an unbelievable smile and and ok physique. I guess its just a combination of things particular to that person that makes them attractive. No one thing is a deal breaker.
I have high standards when it comes to a girl I want. To each their own.

Don't believe me.....wha.,,?

And yes! Doesn't it seem like she would just have the most elegant slender hands? Mmmmmm. Actually of all of myself physically the one thing I'd want to change is my hands. I got pretty much everything from my mom except my hands, which I got from my biological dad *barfs*.... Pretty harry which I don't really mind but fingers are just average, although because I pop my knuckles so much they have gotten kind of ape looking for lack of a better term XD

Another woman that would seem to have great hands isss......

I think I just love slim brunettes with thin lips in red....lol
Cute.
Except for her left pinky! Where is it! Probably another Megan Fox! jk... or am I?

Not trying to derail the thread, but... look at Megan Fox's thumbs.

Yikes.
You're pretty good at Photoshop. :crazy:

I don't like to compartmentalize people.....I tend to take people in as a whole, visually. I don't approach anyone with a checklist.

That said, I will play the game...
If I analyzed past patterns in what I find attractive, it's often men who:

1. have nice eyes - any color, any size, any shape, it's more of a setting/expression thing
2. have nice hair - I have especially noticed that I like blonds or curly brown hair
3. have a lean body with broad shoulders, taller than me
4. have an interesting style, but not overdone
5. IDK...overall face is probably #1, but that seemed too vague...
I take people as a whole too, as the sum of their parts.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
My top 5...

1. Curves - This is a combination of how the breasts, tummy and butt all come together in a sense. Stick thin doesn't appeal to me, nor does someone well beyond morbidly obese,e.g. 500+ lbs a.k.a. SSBBWs. I'd want some meat on the bones, but not enough to get lost in all of it.

2. Eyes - This is where I want to enjoy looking into this person's eyes and see something that is communicated without words. Some eye gestures that make me see the eyes are nice and warm as well as possibly something to stare into from time to time.

3. Mouth - This is lips, teeth, gums and tongue. Do I enjoy watching this person talk? Do I want to be kissed by those lips? What kind of shape are the various things in her mouth?

4. Skin - Freckles wouldn't be a turn off, but a lot of moles would be. Having a lot of calluses or scars would also possibly be issues for me. I'd like it to be smooth and something I'd enjoy rubbing against and wanting to cuddles, kiss, etc.

5. Legs - This isn't about length as much as it is how badly do I want to be wrapped with those legs? Could I see myself cuddling up with one of those legs sometime? There is also something to be said for knowing how to show off a great set of legs.

I can't judge too much on physique since I know I have a fair number of medical issues,e.g. obesity, diabetes, heart condition, Charcot foot, and sleep apnea. While I am trying to get more in shape, I'm not sure I'd want my partner to already be at my goal.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
[x] Intelligence
All the rest comes second. Reason:

You can be the most beautiful person in the world, if you open your mouth and that comes out of it is shit, I'll just run something across your head to see if there's a brain inside... :dry:

Note: "you" is being used in a general connotation, it's not directed at anyone in particular.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
What you talkin' bout? I like your hair.

I have high standards when it comes to a girl I want. To each their own.

Cute.
Except for her left pinky! Where is it! Probably another Megan Fox! jk... or am I?

You're pretty good at Photoshop. :crazy:

I take people as a whole too, as the sum of their parts.
Dude, that's not photoshop..... seriously, just google megan fox thumbs, it's tragic :confused:

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
[x] Intelligence
All the rest comes second. Reason:

You can be the most beautiful person in the world, if you open your mouth and that comes out of it is shit, I'll just run something across your head to see if there's a brain inside... :dry:

Note: "you" is being used in a general connotation, it's not directed at anyone in particular.
rofl I may have high standards, but I'm not that close-minded. xD I know there are more aspects to a person beyond their body. I just wanted to hear everyone's favorite physical attractive features in other people regardless.

Dude, that's not photoshop..... seriously, just google megan fox thumbs, it's tragic :confused:
Cool. :happy: Both of my pinkys are bent. I crack myself up.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I really couldn't say. It's not the individual physical attributes, but the whole package. Whenever people ask me what my favourite body part is, or what colour eyes/hair I prefer, I can never give an answer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For me:

1. Eyes- So cliche, but i do think that they are the windows to the soul.
2. Hair- I find that I judge a lot of guys based on their hair. I'm quite fussy though I shouldnt be >.<
3. Physique- I want them to be relatively healthy, but no bulging muscles preferably! Tall, lean, :)
4. Skin- I find this really important, good clear, skin= sign of healthy living and eating
5. Nose- I like it when the guys nose is... normal sized and straight, like James Franco's <3

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Here is how I feel about each of the things you listed. They are not in any specific order.

Eyes can be nice if they are expressive. Beyond the meaning of the expressions, eyes don't do much for me. A person could be eyeless and I'd still be attracted to him if we were psychologically compatible. There is, however, something to be said for looking into a person's eyes and feeling that electric connection that comes from lovingly perceiving someone who is lovingly perceiving me. I don't care about the color of the eyes. I might be subconsciously attentive to the lines around the eyes, which form according to the person's most common expressions, but have never intentionally focused on trying to read clues this way.

Hands are only attractive when they are used to do something attractive, like playing a musical instrument, cuddling, or being artistic. I suppose long graceful fingers are nice because they tend to make a person better at playing some instruments, but they aren't necessary. Again, psychological compatibility is all that matters to me. If he doesn't need short fingernails for any specific purpose, I prefer them long because of the erotic sensations they can create when brushed very gently against my skin.

Physique is entirely irrelevant to me as long as he isn't neurotic about it. I don't want to be with someone who is superficial enough to spend all of his time at a gym trying to be all muscular for purely aesthetic reasons. That would be a form of materialism, and I'm more concerned with spiritual qualities. I don't want to be with the kind of guy who would turn down something yummy I fixed for him just because he was afraid of gaining a few pounds and being perceived negatively by shallow acquaintances. I absolutely will not tolerate a fat-hater under any circumstances! No exceptions. It's one of my biggest dealbreakers.

The smile can reveal things about a person, and is therefore somewhat relevant. He could be toothless with perpetually chapped lips, and even so, if he were to position his mouth in a way that revealed a certain gentle sweetness or shyness, I would probably find it pleasing.

Hair can also be used expressively. I have a preference for long, soft hair or for none at all. I don't care about the color, or whether it is straight or curly. I just find that jockish, military-looking buzz cuts and excessively short, businessman-like hair can make a guy seem like the opposite of the type I would like. Bald is great. Long hair is great. Tidy short hair is kind of unappealing, depending on the reasons the guy has for keeping it that way. If he just likes it short because it feels more comfortable to him, then it doesn't bother me. I like long beards, too, but I'm not picky. Also, please don't shave your pubes, because I like how they feel against my face.

·
Registered
743 Posts
4. Skin- I find this really important, good clear, skin= sign of healthy living and eating
This isn't true. Many skin problems like acne are genetic. Some people can't even eat dairy without breaking out badly. I had moderate acne my whole teenage life and still get breakouts once in a while, but I definitely eat and live healthier than most people I know, many of whom have perfect skin but live like slobs. All three of my siblings suffered from the same thing to a degree, and both my parents had acne when they were teenagers.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts