Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Once interesting thing I've noticed in NT types is the chunk of skull above their eyebrows tend to protrude and wrinkle a bit. NTs are thinkers and creatives so I always wondered if there is some association between that area looking globular and "used" with increased frontal lobe activity.

I'm just generalizing here but I have noticed that most thinkers just tend to look like thinkers--furrowed forehead, cro-magnon brow, and deep-set eyes.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Hey all,

Once interesting thing I've noticed in NT types is the chunk of skull above their eyebrows tend to protrude and wrinkle a bit. NTs are thinkers and creatives so I always wondered if there is some association between that area looking globular and "used" with increased frontal lobe activity.

I'm just generalizing here but I have noticed that most thinkers just tend to look like thinkers--furrowed forehead, cro-magnon brow, and deep-set eyes.

Any thoughts?
Are you referring to primates?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I got that he said that ironically primates show those traits ha ha. But I really wasn't interested in a joke at the time.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Yup...an ESTP calls me "Neanderthal" because of my pronounced brow ridge. They love picking up on things like that.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I also have a very small forehead....

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
It used to be commonly believed that brain size and shape reflected intelligence. It was also believed that some races had bigger brains and hence were more intelligent. The scientist who promoted this had a northern European ancestry. Guess which ethnic group he decided was most intelligent? You got it -- his own. This was one of the basic concepts in eugenics, a truly disturbing (and racist) belief system. It turned out to be completely untrue. If you are interested in the topic, try reading The Mismeasure of Man, by Stephen Jay Gould. It's fascinating.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If this was indeed true, then INTJs and ENTJs can be physically profiled and locked up due to internal sociopathic tendencies while I can escaped because of my "weird" head. Anyway jokes aside, I do love a strong brow which overshadows the eyes in a non-protrusive way. I love hidden eyes, especially those INTJ vaporizing eyes. I need to be excited by them!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Maybe I'm referring to deep-set eyes in addition to a pronounced brow line instead of a strictly protruding forehead.

·
Registered
911 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Hey all,

Any thoughts?
sigh. That's called SAGGING SKIN due to excessive brow furrowing, which commonly accompanies "thinking". Botox usually fixes it right up. Which means it obviously turns you into a dizzy ESFP.

Now where's my nobel prize.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I have this, not sure if you can see it in my pic though. But I've always noticed my Neanderthal forehead when looking in the mirror. Though it's definitely not as pronounced as some of the monkey's I see from time to time parading as human.

·
Registered
90 Posts
lol. actually yes my brow comes out but you can only tell from my profile, and I've been called a caveman before, for other reasons than the brow too. maybe I'll take a pic for you

1 - 20 of 23 Posts