Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INFps mainly have slim figures, however well-built INFps are not that uncommon. Their gait is usually graceful and full of poise as they like to project an image of self-worthiness. Their eyes vary from large to small, however if they are isolated a characteristic pattern emerges. Narrow eyes give the impression that the person is smiling whereas wider eyes convey a feeling of curiosity.

During conversation INFps have a tendency to maintain eye contact and to touch their interlocutors hand. They often have a very noticeable shy grin that appears when they worried or excited, or when someone focuses other's attention on them.

INFps have a very good understanding of harmony and know well how to successfully combine clothes and accessories, resulting in their characteristic, elegant appearance. Sometimes they may give the impression that they are somewhat foppish. This applies to both male and female. INFps show interest in a varied range of the unusual and original. They are also inclined to small talk. It can sometimes prove difficult for others to hold INFps attention during interaction. They may unexpectedly disrupt a conversation by commenting in such a way as to give the impression that they are not following the subject. This can confuse or puzzle others.

INFps enjoy interesting or humorous anecdotes and stories. They often recall and share notable episodes from their own life experiences. In situations where they are required to give a answer they often delay the inevitable until the last moment even if they have reached a decision by evading and camouflaging their intent. INFps are inclined to make empty promises, always finding excuses to justify their lack of responsibility. They like to make others aware of their lack or practicality. However, INFps have a good instinct for commercial and business matters showing great flexibility. This quality coupled with their ability to choose reliable deputies helps them to maintain a firm grip on positions of power.

INFps have the ability to positively console people who are upset or worried by helping them to look to the future with optimism. With strangers INFps behave gallantly and tactfully, showing good manners and education. However among friends and family they can be very up front sometimes behaving frivolously. They enjoy baiting others in a playful manner in order to create an easy and tension-free atmosphere. At home INFps can be very frivolous and capricious, showing great stubbornness in getting what they want, sometimes creating dramas and scenes. These emotional outbursts are usually short and disappear without consequences. Generally they have very flexible emotions which they control consciously.

INFps are usually uneconomical in financial matters. They find it difficult to refuse their whimsical desires. This can often lead them into financial difficulties and can result in them having to borrow money if they do not have sufficient money reserves. They like an extravagant style of life which is why their demands often outweigh their resources. INFps more than any other type are inclined to marry because of wealth instead of love. INFps will often accumulate their complaints in order release them all in one go in an appropriate situation. In fact, people who show concern about INFps health and well being and who listen to their problems are very much appreciated.

Source: socionics.com

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
We're the life...
I touch people much when I speak,
in fact I have a tendence to help people anytime they have a problem even if I never spoke to them
xD
About the slim part, I'm quite slim, but I have periods of losing extreme weight and others in which I gain it...but let's be honest, now I'm not that fat because I'm vegetarian

·
Registered
375 Posts
We're the life...
I touch people much when I speak,
in fact I have a tendence to help people anytime they have a problem even if I never spoke to them
xD
About the slim part, I'm quite slim, but I have periods of losing extreme weight and others in which I gain it...but let's be honest, now I'm not that fat because I'm vegetarian
High-five to another vegetarian!

The physical descriptions in this write-up seemed strange to me, because they appeared to generalized, and didn't give a sturdy basis for much (I don't know INFPs, including myself, that have a gait full of gracefulness and poise...I kind of amble), but the rest of the write-up seemed accurate enough.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Yes, the INFp functions are of an INFJ, the ISFp functions are of an ISFJ.

But yeah, I think these descriptions and socionics are pretty meh

Reactions: Sangmu and S.K.R.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
INFps mainly have slim figures

INFps have a very good understanding of harmony and know well how to successfully combine clothes and accessories, resulting in their characteristic, elegant appearance. Sometimes they may give the impression that they are somewhat foppish.

INFps show interest in a varied range of the unusual and original.
It can sometimes prove difficult for others to hold INFps attention during interaction. They may unexpectedly disrupt a conversation by commenting in such a way as to give the impression that they are not following the subject. This can confuse or puzzle others.

INFps enjoy interesting or humorous anecdotes and stories. They often recall and share notable episodes from their own life experiences. In situations where they are required to give a answer they often delay the inevitable until the last moment even if they have reached a decision by evading and camouflaging their intent.
They like to make others aware of their lack or practicality.

INFps have the ability to positively console people who are upset or worried by helping them to look to the future with optimism. With strangers INFps behave gallantly and tactfully, showing good manners and education. However among friends and family they can be very up front sometimes behaving frivolously. They enjoy baiting others in a playful manner in order to create an easy and tension-free atmosphere. At home INFps can be very frivolous and capricious, showing great stubbornness in getting what they want, sometimes creating dramas and scenes. These emotional outbursts are usually short and disappear without consequences. Generally they have very flexible emotions which they control consciously.

INFps will often accumulate their complaints in order release them all in one go in an appropriate situation. In fact, people who show concern about INFps health and well being and who listen to their problems are very much appreciated.
I relate to all this (although I know this is supposed to be NiFe).

·
Registered
125 Posts
The write up in the OP was spot on for me.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I'm overweight. I used to be slim, perhaps too much so, waaay back in high school. When I hit middle age, though, I spread out. My weight is also, at least in part, a side-effect of medicine that I take to control my epilepsy. At the same time, more often than not I make poor food choices -- hot dogs, pizza, pop, iced cappucinos, donuts... and I love sugar. Also, there is no better taste in tis world to me than barbequed meat.

Keeping eye contact with people during conversation comes easily enough, but I almost never touch anyone while I'm speaking to them. It's hard for me to imagine doing so. Does this "...touch their interlocutors hand." refer to just friends and family or strangers on the street as well?

When it comes to clothing, I basically just wear whatever first catches my eye in my closet. Most of the clothes I have have been birthday and Christmas gifts from family. It's all pretty casual conventional stuff.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
INFps mainly have slim figures, however well-built INFps are not that uncommon. Their gait is usually graceful and full of poise as they like to project an image of self-worthiness. Their eyes vary from large to small, however if they are isolated a characteristic pattern emerges. Narrow eyes give the impression that the person is smiling whereas wider eyes convey a feeling of curiosity.
I'm very slim naturally, yeah. And I have been told I have a certain poise.

During conversation INFps have a tendency to maintain eye contact and to touch their interlocutors hand. They often have a very noticeable shy grin that appears when they worried or excited, or when someone focuses other's attention on them.
Nope. Not at all. I don't maintain eye contact and I certainly don't touch anyone's hand. Are all INFPs 75 year old grandmothers? As for the grin... dunno. Maybe. Not that I know of.

INFps have a very good understanding of harmony and know well how to successfully combine clothes and accessories, resulting in their characteristic, elegant appearance. Sometimes they may give the impression that they are somewhat foppish. This applies to both male and female. INFps show interest in a varied range of the unusual and original. They are also inclined to small talk. It can sometimes prove difficult for others to hold INFps attention during interaction. They may unexpectedly disrupt a conversation by commenting in such a way as to give the impression that they are not following the subject. This can confuse or puzzle others.
Small talk? What? INFPs...!!? I LOATH small talk and was given to understand that many INFPs felt the same, finding it trite and draining. Elegant, foppish? I don't think so. I'm maybe a bit metro in my approach to dress and appearance but I wouldn't say I'm elegant or foppish. The rest is somewhat true except I don't come out with random things. Seriously, this sounds more ExFP to me.

INFps enjoy interesting or humorous anecdotes and stories. They often recall and share notable episodes from their own life experiences. In situations where they are required to give a answer they often delay the inevitable until the last moment even if they have reached a decision by evading and camouflaging their intent. INFps are inclined to make empty promises, always finding excuses to justify their lack of responsibility. They like to make others aware of their lack or practicality. However, INFps have a good instinct for commercial and business matters showing great flexibility. This quality coupled with their ability to choose reliable deputies helps them to maintain a firm grip on positions of power.
Your mum enjoys interesting anecdotes and stories! Ahem... ok, maybe I do to a degree. And yeah, I share episodes of my life, often the same one I've told before which is a trait I worryingly share with my dad. "Good instinct for commercial and business matters?" No and NO! Seriously? This is an INFP description....? I. N. F. P....?

Much of it's true, the stuff about (attempting) to be gallant and consoling and the manners and education part. I bait, a little. Usually the women in my life. I can be fairly direct with people I'm close to. "Flexible emotions they control consciously...?" Ummm, not for me! Sounds more like an INFJ to me. I can control my behaviour through willpower but my emotions are intense and raw and I like them that way. I don't hold grudges but I am deeply affected by things and my outbursts are not short and certainly not without consequence.

INFps are usually uneconomical in financial matters. They find it difficult to refuse their whimsical desires. This can often lead them into financial difficulties and can result in them having to borrow money if they do not have sufficient money reserves. They like an extravagant style of life which is why their demands often outweigh their resources. INFps more than any other type are inclined to marry because of wealth instead of love. INFps will often accumulate their complaints in order release them all in one go in an appropriate situation. In fact, people who show concern about INFps health and well being and who listen to their problems are very much appreciated.
Uneconomical: fair enough. Resisting my "whimsical desires?" No. My ISFJ brother was far more prone to blow his cash on every fly-by-night fancy that took his... umm.. fancy as a kid. I was very disciplined. Always looking at the bigger picture. I have few vices and a hell of a lot of willpower. I have borrowed money but only in times of desperate need. I paid it back promptly and without complaint and am actually very strict with my finances though this is mainly cos I have so few vices to spend stuff on. Sure, I'd dig the jet-set lifestyle but it is of very little importance to me to attain it. No, no, no. Nothing like me at all. Again, this all sounds far more like extrovert behaviour. "INFps more than any other type are inclined to marry because of wealth instead of love...?" The fuck...? INFPs? The romantics? The idealists? Seriously? I know I keep saying "seriously" but.... SERIOUSLY!!?

OK, the accumulation of problems and single release stuff is pretty true.

Well, that was (at least for me) the most inaccurate description of an INFP I've ever heard! I've not heard anything so unlike me since I took a Numerology test. (BTW. Numerology = Utter bullshit!) But thanks for posting this. I'll know to steer clear of socionics in the future.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I found it very accurate.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
It doesn't sound like me.

I'm a big guy, on the opposite end of skinny. I have a leg brace and walk very strangely(My cousin calls it a pimp walk), but when I walked normally, I wasn't really all that delicate.

>.< I don't touch people's hands when I talk to them, that's kind of strange. would probably even make me feel perv-ish. Also, I hate small talk. I never know what to say.

·
Registered
252 Posts
INFps mainly have slim figures, however well-built INFps are not that uncommon. Their gait is usually graceful and full of poise as they like to project an image of self-worthiness.
I'm short, but built as if I was supposed to be several inches taller. Haven't actively exercised in years. I walk because it is better than crawling. Do I aim to be graceful? No. Do I want to project an image of self-worthiness? No.

Their eyes vary from large to small, however if they are isolated a characteristic pattern emerges. Narrow eyes give the impression that the person is smiling whereas wider eyes convey a feeling of curiosity.
What does the shape and size of my eyes have to do with my personality.

I tend to maintain eye contact, true, but I don't tend to touch people's hands. Hands are too formal. I like touching shoulders and arms. If I'm worried I won't be grinning. If I'm excited I most likely would have a big grin, which depending on the situation may or may not be showing all of my teeth.

INFps have a very good understanding of harmony and know well how to successfully combine clothes and accessories, resulting in their characteristic, elegant appearance. Sometimes they may give the impression that they are somewhat foppish. This applies to both male and female.
I wear clothes so I'm not naked outside. Sure I like some colors better, but a fashion statement is not conducive to my identity. I am not foppish! :angry:

INFps show interest in a varied range of the unusual and original. They are also inclined to small talk. It can sometimes prove difficult for others to hold INFps attention during interaction. They may unexpectedly disrupt a conversation by commenting in such a way as to give the impression that they are not following the subject. This can confuse or puzzle others.
Everything is true except enjoying small talk. I only enjoy it when it is relevant to my interests. I can confuse or puzzle others, but the longer you are with me the more things make sense.

INFps enjoy interesting or humorous anecdotes and stories. They often recall and share notable episodes from their own life experiences.
True, but isn't it true that people from all types can enjoy such stories?

In situations where they are required to give a answer they often delay the inevitable until the last moment even if they have reached a decision by evading and camouflaging their intent. INFps are inclined to make empty promises, always finding excuses to justify their lack of responsibility. They like to make others aware of their lack or practicality.
Depends on the situation.

However, INFps have a good instinct for commercial and business matters showing great flexibility. This quality coupled with their ability to choose reliable deputies helps them to maintain a firm grip on positions of power.
Why do I want power? Or a business? To be honest I find it a waste of time.

INFps have the ability to positively console people who are upset or worried by helping them to look to the future with optimism. With strangers INFps behave gallantly and tactfully, showing good manners and education. However among friends and family they can be very up front sometimes behaving frivolously. They enjoy baiting others in a playful manner in order to create an easy and tension-free atmosphere. At home INFps can be very frivolous and capricious, showing great stubbornness in getting what they want, sometimes creating dramas and scenes. These emotional outbursts are usually short and disappear without consequences.
Mostly true, although I can be serious at times and I really hate dramas and scenes.

Generally they have very flexible emotions which they control consciously.
Emotions are emotions, so whatever.

INFps are usually uneconomical in financial matters. They find it difficult to refuse their whimsical desires. This can often lead them into financial difficulties and can result in them having to borrow money if they do not have sufficient money reserves. They like an extravagant style of life which is why their demands often outweigh their resources. INFps more than any other type are inclined to marry because of wealth instead of love. INFps will often accumulate their complaints in order release them all in one go in an appropriate situation.
Wrong. Wrong. Wrong! I started a bank account when I was 9 years old, and kept it active until last year when I had to close it because I needed the money. I only spend money when I have to or really really want to. There are few things I want, and the bigger things I'm willing to wait until I have the cash to pay for them. If and when I marry I will marry for love, not money! I accumulate my complaints about a person, and rarely ever release them. (And when I do it almost always makes the situation worse)

In fact, people who show concern about INFps health and well being and who listen to their problems are very much appreciated.
Only if they do so in a gentle manner.

No wonder this description is so bad....

1 - 20 of 95 Posts