Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pretty much don't know what to do with these symptoms I have now. I get very headachey and drowsy and tired and low energy almost all day long. The sun makes it worse, but I don't think these are usually migraines because I have had migraines before and I can tell them apart even though these headaches are occasionally lightly pounding. I've gone to doctors to try and get it figured out and to find out what I can do to change it. I've had blood drawn and nothing has come back. I just got put on some anti inflammatory, but I have doubts it'll work since I am not under the impression my tiredness and all are caused by the pain or the headache. And the headache is also fucking stubborn anyway.

So basically now I'm just thinking it's physical symptoms of either anxiety or depression. And the odd thing is that I feel the best emotionally at this point than I have before. It was in high school I'd feel more often like falling apart. And I've had that before. I remember a couple of years ago I had symptoms like acheyness, chest pain, heart palpitations, fatigue just the same, some headaches. I thought I had some medical problem but everything pointed to nothing. I remember shortly after that, I went into these cycles of pain interspersed with very short periods of feeling intense nothingness in life. Like I wanted to either sleep or kill myself to get away from it. And I can''t remember if it was after or before, but it was definitely close to then...I felt I was basically living in some kind of fog, it was for over a year and I can't even tell if I've gotten out or if I've just gotten used to it, but I used to be more mentally intense I know. I've looked that up before, and I figured out it could be anxiety...or a defense mechanism. Blocking your awareness out sort of of whatever is actually your problem.

And now, of course, I have lots of fatigue and tiredness and headaches, it greatly disrupts my days and it makes me much less functional. I'm just at a loss. Has anyone here had experience with these things? How did you get them to stop? I know now I may just have to live with it, but I'm being put on a higher dosage of prozac right now and I want to see if it does anything at all.

Reactions: Adrift

·
Banned
1,970 Posts
I hope it's not lupus, but some of the symptoms of lupus include:

1. Fatigue : Nearly all people with lupus have mild to extreme fatigue.
2. Joint and muscle pain: Most people with lupus have joint pain (arthritis) at some time.
3. Skin problems: Most people with lupus develop skin rashes. These rashes are often an important clue to the diagnosis.
4. Sensitivity to light: Exposure to ultraviolet light (such as sunlight or tanning parlors) typically worsens the skin rash and can trigger lupus flares.
5. Nervous system symptoms: Some people with lupus develop nervous system problems, most commonly headaches.
6. Mental health problems: People with lupus may develop problems such as anxiety and depression.

LINK

You have at least 4 of the symptoms. I wish you the best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts