• Chemistry

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Biology

Votes: 11 37.9%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
There are certain facets of all three that interest me, and that frustrate me, but I think I'd have to go with biology > chemistry > physics.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I like chemistry and biology about the same, but if I had to put them in an order it'd be:

Chemistry > Biology > Physics

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
Physics for life! Greatest field of science out there! I shall never understand why people hate it so much!

I would put biology and chemistry at a tie for about fourth or fifth place.

Physics>Biology=Chemistry.

Reactions: Enoch

·
Registered
9,827 Posts
Biology > Chemistry > Physics

·
Registered
784 Posts
Physics > Chemistry > Biology

For the life of me, I don't know how biology works. I know there's cells and they do confusing things. There's also the Krebs cycle with ATP synthesis and something about the dissolving of carbs... Maybe?

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Do you prefer Physics, Chemistry or Biology?

Chemistry for me.
I can't understand biology, or heck, for that matter, some kinds of cooking instructions, without chemistry, but laying that bit aside, biology rocks my boat far more than physics--experiential, theoretical or whatever other sub-category is trendy right now.

I am especially interested in parasites, hosts, the interactions whether beneficial, harmful or both. So many parasitic creatures, so little money to buy all the necessary equipment to study them--or get access to a lab where staff would allow me entrance. But the thought of it, wow:

Cordyceps alone could keep me mentally engaged for a lifetime.

·
Registered
Infp 6w5
2,781 Posts
None of the above, geology ftw.
I like rocks.

Reactions: angelfish

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Reactions: Athena_

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Biology. Most especially marine biology and entomology.

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
Chemistry. By far the most interesting science class I have ever had to take and I did rather well.

I found physics rather difficult to understand so I felt frustrated in my class. Biology was pretty easy but incredibly boring to me.

Reactions: Enoch

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Biology, then chem, then physics.

I like "life stuff". Studied marine bio and psychology in college. Have always been into botany. Would love to study more ecology and conservation. It seems so natural to explore, observe, and hypothesize about the living world. There is always more colorful, beautiful, fascinating life to encounter...

I enjoy chem but it's a bit harder for me... it doesn't come as naturally. It feels like needing to shut off the "squishy" part of my brain. Bizarrely, I enjoyed thermodynamics a lot. Maybe because it was easy to understand in application.

I've simply never taken physics, even though I like reading books on physics-related subjects... especially quantum and astrophysics. But physics classes at university always seemed like more math than it was worth to me. There were so many other wonderful engaging classes that I couldn't bring myself to commit to higher maths or physics. In theory, I'd still love to take physics and higher maths, but in reality I haven't expended the energy to do so.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It took a lot of effort for me to pull a 4.0 in Gen Chem this semester. I just don't find it as interesting or as intuitive to me as Physics.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
It's a tough call between physics and biology. Physics is my hobby and biology is my career, so.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Chemistry > Biology > Physics

If a dynamic equilibrium is disturbed by changing the conditions, the position of equilibrium moves to counteract the change.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Physics. Easily the hardest as far as the courses I took in them, but also the most interesting. Chemistry is second. Biology...well, too animaly bodily for me lol. There's a reason I've crossed off any career in the medical field!! Plants are cool though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts