• Autonomy

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Justice

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Respect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Humanity

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • (I'm not an INTJ but I'm voting anyway)

Votes: 8 11.3%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poll time.

Pick one, forfeit the rest.

Intended for INTJs exclusively this time around.

Feel free to explain your pick.

The issue pertains to what you retain in your life.

If you want to make it easier on yourself, I suppose alter the question to "Which one would you not risk, while being willing to risk all others?"

·
Registered
165 Posts
Happiness would have to come above all else, so I would vote 'Meaning' if there was one, or if I could somehow believe in one of the obviously bullshit meanings other people have that makes them blissful in their ignorance.

·
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,514 Posts
Passion. I can't care about the other things without it.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Humanity. You really can't have humanity without the others, there is no forfeiting.

Same. Close runner-up was wisdom. But then I pictured any of those things (including wisdom) without humanity and it just didn't seem right!

Reactions: beth x

·
Meh.
ENTJ
8,165 Posts
Autonomy. Not really able to eloquently explain the exact reasons why, but it is the one thing that is most important to me. It always has been.

Edit: The after thought came up with a reason. All the others become meaningless and/or suffocating if they can't be experienced or obtained autonomously.

·
Registered
766 Posts
It's a close call between Autonomy and Wisdom, but autonomy without any wisdom at all just has you doing extremely stupid things and gets you in really hot water. Wisdom without autonomy is bad enough but it could under certain circumstances be wise to give up (some) autonomy? Assuming this is still your own wisdom, not giving that up completely along with autonomy to just become an extension of someone/-thing else.

The cop-out of saying humanity encompasses everything? Well. What is humanity, really? Hard to define.
Besides, any one of those can really be seen as the root that creates (most of) the others.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Justice, because that is something our society does, and has always, lacked. We could certainly use some more justice in our lives. I feel like some of the other choices, especially morality, and some people's (often twisted) view of what that means, gets in the way of justice and living in a fair society.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts