Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
A kid, a house, a good looking partner, a career I'm obsessed about, well travelled and well balanced (health).

Reactions: William808

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I imagine doing something related to graduate school, hopefully off in a foreign country.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Best Case: Small house on a large plot of land in the country. Working part-time. Seeing someone nearby, but not having to share a house.

Worst Case: Married, three kids, living in NYC.

Slightly Better Than Worst Case: Dead and plotting to overthrow Satan to rule Hell for all eternity.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I want to be a scientist/mathematician but with the job market the way it is, it probably won't happen, so:
Realistic Point of View:
A: I'm an unemployed PhD in Chemistry, Physics, or Math. I get a cat but I'm so poor that I can't afford to take care of it and have to give my beloved pet away to an animal shelter, hoping a loving family with money adopts it.
B: I'm a medical doctor with no passion for my job and only a cat to keep me company.
In both scenarios: I'm at the wedding of my sister (a doctor). She looks so beautiful, especially with her groom. I see my parents. My mother cries tears of joy. I see my brother, a successful lawyer, with his loving wife, who is holding a cute, little baby. I sit by myself, forever alone.

Pessimistic: I finally fall in love, but I get rejected. I get murdered brutally. Other than my family, no one comes to my funeral.

Optimistic: Um... I... don't fail?

Ridiculously Optimistic: I win the Nobel Prize in Physics and Chemistry. I have a loving husband (but no children; I don't want any) and a healthy cat. I'm rich, but I donate most of my money to charity.

·
Registered
436 Posts
In ten years, I hope to be recently out of university and moving back to my hometown or nearby. Best case, I'll probably still be in debt and hating my life, but have a good job lined up and a comfortable looking future- most likely alone but for a cat or two, but that's fine with me.

Worst case, but still plausible, I go through most of my schooling, only to drop out near the end due to stress or lack of ability, in debt but without job prospects and stuck living in the only place I can find work... Alberta. *shudder*

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Organized Best, Probable, and Worst, and all are "realistic":

Best: Committed to an awesome woman, hopefully an NT who fully supports my other endeavors, and for whom I support in hers. Business has taken off, 5 year plan completed, 10 year plan completed--it is expanding or has already sold. Obtained four year degree. Family has succeeded in doing what they are trying to do, so I don't have to be bothered with their well-being or excessive interaction.

Probable: Looking for an awesome woman, as above. Business has taken off, slow to expand but providing me with a good salary. Obtained four year degree. Family has not succeeded in doing what they are trying to do, thus I feel obligated to keep in touch with them.

Worst: I am killed in a parachuting tractor accident.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
5,197 Posts
worst case: I wind up shacking up with someone just to prolong my mediocre survival.. which given the odds will probably be abusive or require more compromise on my part than theirs. I'd likely lose the bulk of my connections and be trapped, physically and socially, in a self made, culturally stagnant and intellectually/emotionally stunted, prison...

realistic: just a step from where I am now... although I doubt anymore stable. It's really a flip of the coin if I'll be regenerated by my frustrations with a few scenes enough to come up with something commercially viable or just surrender to my lot in life.

optimal: I'll get off my high horse and start a superficial campaign for myself... the kind of campaigns I used to organize for other people... causes, I was fairly good at it but generally have avoided launching such a campaign for myself. Just the expenses of alternative therapies and fuck loads of diagnostic shit.. and maybe a cosmetic perk or two.

or I'll win the lotto, find a sugar daddy... or become an evangelistic minister. Or at least the secretary of a cult. Maybe I'll reconsider blackmail and extortion too. A few interesting characters that have taken the sociopolitical conservative route these days, but could found in the backrooms of the pubs, snorting lines off a twink's arse in the decades before.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'd be 35, but still.
It was great movie :D

To the topic: Life is like a box of chocolates and you never know which of the chocolates is not chocolate but shit...
Not going to tie myself to some plans... I did that as INTJ and it sucked....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Best: Married or in a relationship, great job as a 3D/Graphic/Digital artist, living contently

Worst: pic
Why don't you start a thread here in INTP forums if your endeavors fail. I'm sure we'll support you. :laughing:

worst: homeless

probable: Getting by, working for douchebags who abuse me for earning money

> probable: societal collapse. I would move into my gf's house and build shotguns/plant stuff with her intp father to survive an apocalypse.

best: Winning a lottery or somehow agriculture improves combined with increased compassion, society gives me food for free.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.