Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there was a music post earlier, I figured we could do a picture post with similar intent. The idea is that you can put up as many pictures as you want that describe your life or what hobbies or whatnot. Essentially whatever it is that you you enjoy or holds special significance to you. It could be artwork, projects, family, pets, whatever.

I'm going to start with only two because my roommate is about to drag me out to a fabric store to grab a few last things for my costume, but there will be more later:

First up - my bookshelves (which still don't have all my books...)

This is the bookshelf in my room. The bottom shelf is doubled up, and as you can tell, there are things piled up wherever they can fit.

This is the bookshelf in the living room - everything on there is mine, and again, pretty much everything is double shelved where it will all fit.

More to follow, but I'm interested in seeing what is important to us outside of this crazy thing we call the internet. Who knows, maybe you'll even inspire someone to take up a new hobby they hadn't thought of. :)

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Generally I'm in a constant search for inspiration and I think it's one of the few things that has allowed me to live a reasonably happy life. Lots of things inspire me, all to varying degrees. Most of what I have is stored in texts or memories, but here's a few random images.

I post this guy all the time, he's my god son (nephew). My brother and I never got along for all our lives, if I'm the cop of the family, my brother would be the criminal. Fortunately, he got married and had a child, his personality changed drastically. While I -am- the type to hold a grudge, this chlid creates a bridge that would not otherwise be there. I love this kid to tears and that's something I share with my brother.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This symbolizes to me the constant search for my soulmate. With every girl I date, I pursue it with all my heart until I find out in my mind that they're not for me. I have always been in strong relationships where love was reciprocal, but I often bow out near the end. Happiness is incredible, but fulfillment is what I need. In part to this, I am usually a girls greatest love and most tragic heartbreak. I tell each of them before we date that very message and ask if they're sure they want to pursue it. I am not a selfish person, except when it comes to who I should be with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a breakup not too long ago, I hung out with another girl that was interested in me. I told this girl I had no romantic interest, but I indulged in her a bit because she was suffering through some severe problems with her life. So I took her on a few -FRIENDLY- dates. Unfortunately, it was a bit of a 'lead on' because, as she told me, it was the most fun she had ever had. Well, she stayed the night (super late) and I walked her to her car in the morning. As I walked back home, an owl actually swooped down and -literally- attacked me. I was in complete disbelief. The symbolism? My ex had a tattoo of an owl on her and she said it was so she could "always keep an eye out." While I think this was all a fluke coincidence, this was the first time I ever gave someone a bit of a pity date. It will also be the last.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, more pictures so I don't manage to kill another thread before it gets off the ground:

My cat Shadow while she's chillin' on my lap, which she does. A lot. Whether I really want to have her there or not. *mutters under breath* snuggleslut.

This is a Freckles in a box, er, basket. Freckles in a box just sounds much more cool. She is not a lap kitty. As a matter of fact, she's something resembling an anti-lap kitty.

Me and two of my friends before dance class. I don't have permission for faces, so you don't get the hats clashing with the leggings, sorry. For any of you who are curious, we were about to dance to the song "You Can Leave Your Hat On" by Joe Cocker

Celtic music at the Renaissance Festival! This was how I started my day there and how I ended it. It was brilliant! If you want to hear some of their music (and see a belly dancer too!),

This is near one of the picnic sites around Golden Gate Park which is one of my "destinations" when I need to get away from people for a while. It's all of fifteen minutes to get into the mountains from my apartment and another twenty of windy mountain roads to get to this site, and that alone makes me so very happy.

Yeah, that covers pretty much all of the real pictures I have. Anything and everything, as long as it's a picture of some form is encouraged and the stories behind them are great to read. :)

btw, if anyone knows how to make the video only be a link, please let me know.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Gangster Kitty
View attachment 1294
My roommate from freshman year colored it and named it gangster kitty. She hung it on the wall that year and brought it back the next year. After that year, I decided to transfer to another school. When we were packing up to leave for the summer, she took it off her wall and gave it to me.
There is another picture that a friend gave me that I wish I still had. She drew it for me in elementary school, a dog and a doghouse maybe and a note about us being friends. I was overly enthusiastic about us being friends, which I think is how she ended up drawing it for me. I had it for several years, maybe on my wall, later in the drawer of my dresser. I threw it away in one of my odd moods.

Fun in the Sun
View attachment 1296
My cousin left this picture on my wall when she visited this summer. Her sister left two other pictures. A sign that reads, "Buy my Igloo flavored Tacolicious Sauce Please!!!!" and a picture of Marlyn the Pie Monster (looks like a purple dragon) and accompanying story, in which Marlyn bakes a pie out of his heart for the girl he falls in love with, she dies of food poisoning, and Marlyn bakes a second pie with cyanide and kills himself. :)
There is another picture that I wish I had with me, done on poster board. One of my cousins and my sister wanted to play ultimate frisbee, which two of my other cousins and I found boring. We would much rather play tickle-tackle frisbee! The ones who wanted to play ultimate frisbee did not appreciate us tickling and tackling them. Because we were the most stubborn, my cousin who wanted to play ultimate frisbee and I got into a pretty big fight: tears, screaming, etc. We were eventually forced to make up. We each drew a picture on the back of the poster board where we were keeping score as a representation of us all getting along again. I had it in my locker in high school for awhile. Now, it is on the wall in my closet back home.

Home
View attachment 1295
After we moved, we lived in a rental house for awhile. I would get upset and start crying, "I want to go home," and my mom would say, "You are home," and I would say, "I know." We went house hunting for about a year and a half before we decided on this one. When I lived there, I never really felt like it was mine. I felt like a squatter. I felt like my mom and my sister ganged up on me (mentioned this to my sister the other day, her response: "we did"). I was always planning to run away and waiting for the day when I could get out. When I left for college, I felt like I was being kicked out. When I first started coming back on breaks, I felt like an invader; everyone had their lives and routines there, and I was just kind of there. Maybe because my sister is in college too now, maybe because I am not there, I think of it as home.

Reactions: Lad
1 - 7 of 7 Posts