Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to gather more insight on the thought processes of INFJ/Pisces combinations

A recent discovery (found out I share a birthday with one mr. Albert Einstein) spurred me into trying to obtain a deeper look into my own mind

Questions (Y/N):
-> Often scatterbrained?
-> Day-dreamer?
-> Wild imagination?
-> Go off on tangents?
-> Go from one extreme to the next?
-> Alternate: Found peace/balance?
-> Highly set goals?
-> Alternate: Aimless/have a wanderlust?

Added notes will be appreciated

Launching in 3... 2... 1...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Questions (Y/N):
-> Often scatterbrained?
-> Day-dreamer?
-> Wild imagination?
-> Go off on tangents?
-> Go from one extreme to the next?
-> Alternate: Found peace/balance?
-> Highly set goals?
-> Alternate: Aimless/have a wanderlust?
I know we have the N/S difference, but this has crossed my mind plenty of times. I feel like IxFJ Pisceans are the ultimate otherworldly type.

Of those points above, I'm absolutely a daydreamer. Most times I feel like I live in my dreams more than reality. I frequently am disappointed when real-life doesn't match up to my imagination.

I go off on tangents when I'm speaking because I have a very difficult time organizing my thoughts when it comes to voicing them, haha!

At work I'm always at an extreme; I'm either extremely relaxed or extremely preoccupied. There's hardly ever an in-between.

I set my goals very, very high for myself because I feel like that's the only way I can prove my worth. It's pretty odd, actually. Also I have an unusually high set of standards when it comes to dating, because I think way, way too much about the things I want vs. the things I don't.

All in all, everything I set out for myself is normally unrealistic, because my reality is my fantasy...does that make sense? In many ways I'm a very practical person, but there are times where my head is stuck too far in the clouds. :)

EDIT: Just noticed you're also a type 4. I once posted in another thread that the IxFJ, Type 4, Pisces combo is the ultimate of fanciful!

·
Banned
162 Posts
-> Often scatterbrained? Y
-> Day-dreamer? Y
-> Wild imagination? Y
-> Go off on tangents? Y
-> Go from one extreme to the next? Y
-> Alternate: Found peace/balance? N
-> Highly set goals? Y
-> Alternate: Aimless/have a wanderlust? Y

my mother is this combination. i am an infj cancer with a pisces ascendant. i can relate to the dreaminess, (which feels more like an overwhelming daze at times) and the aimlessness on many levels. i feel as if i am living in my shadow more often than not. being any of the water sign's and an nf type will definitely bring out an outpour of intense emotions. on the flip side, my father is a sagitarius infj and is much calmer on the emotional front able to overcome issues quite quickly, while my mother and i take a little more time in our sulking business. i would not be surprised if the placement of signs in your birth chart would have an effect on helping or hindering your personality's development. on a side note, i have noticed that both my mother and i suffer from very different health issues. which is most likely due to the stresses we internalize from our environments.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ Eyes Open

Ooh, you flatter me~

Thank you~ :)

I have always felt 'otherworldly'. Growing up was very difficult with this seemingly overbearing feeling of detachment (besides growing up in a broken home).

It has been just lately that the once 'restless waters' of my mind have been reduced to a pleasant calm... Something I haven't experienced before.

You speak of high goals/standards? I was a wayward youth until everything sort of 'fell into place'. I dream of moving halfway across the country and starting my own cartoon series.

And I'm going to do it. ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts

I dream of moving halfway across the country and starting my own cartoon series.

And I'm going to do it. ;)

I dream of traveling the world, country-to-country, doing freelance journalism, and I'll be damned if it doesn't happen! I'm too ambitious for my own good sometimes!

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Questions (Y/N):
-> Often scatterbrained? N
-> Day-dreamer? Y
-> Wild imagination? Y
-> Go off on tangents? Y
-> Alternate: Found peace/balance? Almost...
-> Highly set goals? Y
-> Alternate: Aimless/have a wanderlust? N

I've only recently become a lot more focused and have been using my imagination to my advantage. I've also learned to accept my incredible emotional rollercoaster rides. I try to just go with the flow and try to use whatever energy it is productively. It is something I worry about when I'm in a relationship with somebody, most people are pretty even-keeled.

I can't say I have a wanderlust... I do know I like things being changed up. If my life is boring I'll change up my room for instance. I'm amazed that I've stayed at my job for a whole year, though I admit I'm getting bored. I think having my own side project business helps, I make and sell my own jewelry and bags.

I'm not sure if I'm the only Pisces/INFJ who feels this but... does anyone else feel like they are always in two worlds? It's hard to explain. I find it hard to really focus on the "real world" like I think most people do. My minds is always thinking about stories, designs, hypothetical situations between people, etc.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you TheCountess, as this was what I was about to explain next:

As I stated, I am an aspiring cartoonist. I've built a storyline spanning two arcs with vivid characters, amazing fights, huge symbolism, drama, so on, and so forth. To do this, you would only assume I have a vivid imagination, but I also may have no grasp on reality.

My counter to this however is that I have a great grasp on reality, almost 'too good'- So I rather prefer to stay in my dream world and build my stories. I find it's a much better use of my time than worrying about the present.

This may be what you are referring to. Perhaps not in the same context, but I do hope you understand?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
-> Often scatterbrained? Y
-> Day-dreamer? Y
-> Wild imagination? Y
-> Go off on tangents? Y
-> Alternate: Found peace/balance? N
-> Highly set goals? Y
-> Alternate: Aimless/have a wanderlust? Totally Y!

Hmm lets see my mom (ESTJ) and my brother (ENFJ) are both Pisces but I see more my brother (I answered above the questions) in this than my mother (maybe it is the NF).

What I have noticed that they both take the extreme end of things.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Sorry dude. I don't believe in astrology so I can't help you on this one.

Gemini for what it's worth. :tongue:

·
Registered
604 Posts
The Satanic Bible - Challenge your open-mindedness! Don't just dismiss it for the name ;)
I'll make a deal-

If you hand me a verifiable translation of the Voynich Manuscript - I in return shall read the tome above.

As long as you promise it isn't a product of anthropodermic bibliopegy. And if I read it and it starts talking back I'm blaming you. Just saying...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saw that coming!

Keep in mind I only endorse the ethics and such without any sort of idolatry

The Satanic Bible offers lots of information on being your own boss and power from within, all within ethical and societal standards

Combined with the ethical standards of the Noble Eightfold Path, it makes a fairly interesting thought pattern ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thank you TheCountess, as this was what I was about to explain next:

As I stated, I am an aspiring cartoonist. I've built a storyline spanning two arcs with vivid characters, amazing fights, huge symbolism, drama, so on, and so forth. To do this, you would only assume I have a vivid imagination, but I also may have no grasp on reality.

My counter to this however is that I have a great grasp on reality, almost 'too good'- So I rather prefer to stay in my dream world and build my stories. I find it's a much better use of my time than worrying about the present.

This may be what you are referring to. Perhaps not in the same context, but I do hope you understand?
I totally understand. I'm also strange and think "reality" is highly subjective. To my father, his "reality" is that the world is set by the 9-5 work clock. He has a hard time understanding that my "reality" won't lie in a 9-5 job. I work because I need the money, but in my spare time I'm trying to build my little crafting business and I'm also hoping to write a novel in the future. I don't want the big house and nice car, I want a nice little artsy flat somewhere and be a happy little bachelorette.

If "reality" is working and paying bills, then I understand "reality" all too well and try to make it as minimal a part of my life as possible. My life is my imagination - crafting and writing.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Once again, thank you Countess

I don't mind living in small apartments, to be honest

But I wouldn't mind owning a house in the country surrounding a city, personally

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm also strange and think "reality" is highly subjective.
As a term de arte I don't think "reality" is subjective, but our comprehension of it is limited.

There are many problems involved in understanding what reality is. Such as the limitations of the domains of inquiry, the limitations of our taxons, the physical constraints of our own cognition. We don't even know for certain such basics as whether the universe is or is not quantized. We stare at the sky and puzzle. And puzzle. And puzzle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts