Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 576 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please everyone sum up in brief places where are you most approachable to meeting someone. I know general theories ... but i wanna get concrete. If there will be enough data i will edit this post and sum it up in statistics. Try to keep responses short or seperate that list. I will start myself as an example. Precious details (reasons) in braces please.

Places where you could find me:
tearooms (most, somewhat closed, yet biggest openess to surroundings on public place)
cafes (generally closed to surroundings, only friend's friends)
winerooms (generally closed to surroundings, only friend's friends)
friends flats (biggest opportunity to meet new people, talk with other guests, experienced this highly as local habit only on my staying at UK though)
internet forums (actually got to know few people in person, but from my point of view involves lot of lluck to bump to some INFP on general forum and recognize him/her from text)
high school (you have to watch closely to see INFP, i never got to know one in school ... but chances arent that bad)

Places where you wont find me:
discotheques (not anymore, not essentialy because of place, but because of people that go there)
pubs (the ugly, uncomfortable ones ... iam higly aware of look of my surroundings, dont like it on dump places )
libraries, bookshops (dont like to read/explore books on public places ... i only go for specific books and even then iam pretty nervous)
luxury/fashion bars (flashy people goes there, too much S in the air)
shops generally (crowded places, google is all i need)
cinemas (very rarely, enoys movies at home)
group sports (no way)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Twitter. I currently keep a full list of all the INFPs I've found here:

twitter.com/#/list/infpblog/infps-full-list

The list is currently at 390 people.

However, just because they're INFPs doesn't mean I relate to all them. INFP doesn't denote values or goals or any of the important things that make people connect. INFP is a behavior preference like left-handedness or right-handedness.

That's why I only have active real time conversations with about a dozen or so.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Please everyone sum up in brief places where are you most approachable to meeting someone. I know general theories ... but i wanna get concrete. If there will be enough data i will edit this post and sum it up in statistics. Try to keep responses short or seperate that list. I will start myself as an example. Precious details (reasons) in braces please.

Places where you could find me:
tearooms (most, somewhat closed, yet biggest openess to surroundings on public place)
cafes (generally closed to surroundings, only friend's friends)
winerooms (generally closed to surroundings, only friend's friends)
friends flats (biggest opportunity to meet new people, talk with other guests, experienced this highly as local habit only on my staying at UK though)
internet forums (actually got to know few people in person, but from my point of view involves lot of lluck to bump to some INFP on general forum and recognize him/her from text)
high school (you have to watch closely to see INFP, i never got to know one in school ... but chances arent that bad)

Places where you wont find me:
discotheques (not anymore, not essentialy because of place, but because of people that go there)
pubs (the ugly, uncomfortable ones ... iam higly aware of look of my surroundings, dont like it on dump places )
libraries, bookshops (dont like to read/explore books on public places ... i only go for specific books and even then iam pretty nervous)
luxury/fashion bars (flashy people goes there, too much S in the air)
shops generally (crowded places, google is all i need)
cinemas (very rarely, enoys movies at home)
group sports (no way)
I'm at the rec center almost every day. (Wouldn't mind being approached there. :laughing:)

I agree with your list.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I would be found at:

coffee shop
bookstore
friends house
gym
outdoors...on a trail...walking and enjoying the sunshine

As far as where I would be the most approachable...it would really depend on my mood. I do however HATE being bothered at the gym. Otherwise I'm normally pretty friendly and approachable.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Public places I am most likely to be seen:
Parks (Reading a book or drawing)
Libraries/Bookstores
Occasionally a mall (where I'll be seen either in a bookstore, or going up and down the escalators over and over again for kicks and giggles.)
(I mostly go to those places to get away from my noisy house. I would probably be most approachable at the park.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Bookshop/library/archives
Coffee shop/cafe
walking - countryside mostly
Sitting - usually on a bench, just watching people
museum
theatre
charity shops
- great place for books, and unique things that no one else already has
Same here!

·
Registered
151 Posts
You're most likely to find me:

1. Fishing at the lake
2. Hiking one of the many trails out here in the desert
3. Grabbing a bite to eat
4. Drinking at a low key bar with live music with a friend or two.
5. Grocery Shopping
6. Stocking up on books

I'm pretty lame, that's about the only public places you'll catch me on the regular on my own free will. But, will go just about anywhere, so I end up in the weirdest places with my friends.

Is anybody else a stranger magnet? I don't know what it is about me, but I can't go a half hour in public without being approached by some random person. I really don't mind, since it almost always makes for interesting memories. You think that with out the practice I'd be a regular wordsmith by now. :crying: That's the most frustrating thing, I have so many great stories but am so bad at telling them!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Is anybody else a stranger magnet? I don't know what it is about me, but I can't go a half hour in public without being approached by some random person. I really don't mind, since it almost always makes for interesting memories. You think that with out the practice I'd be a regular wordsmith by now. :crying: That's the most frustrating thing, I have so many great stories but am so bad at telling them!
LOL, yes, I too am a stranger magnet! I always get the talkative people who approach me and won't shut up. I don't mind for a few minutes but then I get bored and start trying to plan an escape plan. This does sometimes make for interesting memories though! :laughing:

·
Banned
27 Posts
Funny thing is I find myself at shopping centres quite a few times, dragged there by a friend. However since I started realising the utter emptiness of consumerism a few years ago I've loathed each and every trip, except for when I had something specific I wanted to buy.

I'm mostly at either work (walking around town by myself at lunchtimes), home, b/f's place, or on weekends I like to get up to the city and check out a goth club club for a few hours (only the ones that play my kind of music mind you).

·
Registered
273 Posts
barnes and noble- where beautiful women walk up to me and say "i love that book" and we start talking and end up getting coffee and exchanging numbers.... just kidding but that would be sweet.

in class- sit next to me and chances are i'll start talking to you (makes me uncomfortable but i try to do it anyways)

at a friend's place

on a trail going for a run- if you can keep up ;)

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
barnes and noble- where beautiful women walk up to me and say "i love that book" and we start talking and end up getting coffee and exchanging numbers.... just kidding but that would be sweet.
LOL! Hey, it could happen! :laughing:

1 - 20 of 576 Posts