Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you ever driving down a road that has such nice vibes that you just want to build a house and stay there?
see i tried to rationalize this, and so far these places in common:
- have exceptionally clear air
- not very crowded
- have flowers here and there
- white and broad sidewalk
- the people seem chill
what about you? what ur good vibes look like?

·
Registered
24,362 Posts
Surprisingly, certain cemeteries; and surrounding areas.

I'm thinking of one in particular with lots of woodland encompassing the compound; so during the fall it's really nice to look at while driving by. Picturesque. Also, - when they're not holed up - there are always a group(s) of Canadian Geese on the grounds; which adds an additional sweet serene quality.

The whole place is somewhat secluded, except that it's sort of placed between a major road and highway, with train tracks running through; but tbh that kind of adds to the overall vibe. i.e. besides the sound(s) of nature, you could be in this completely silent field when suddenly, a train will come barreling through so loud that you can no longer hear yourself - anything - anymore; as it snaps you out of whatever thoughts you were having, demanding your attention.

As if to say, "Notice me. Notice that you aren't where you think you are; but remember where you are, and where you aren't."

Not that I'd build a house there. That'd be just a bit, too disturbing.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surprisingly, certain cemeteries; and surrounding areas.

I'm thinking of one in particular with lots of woodland encompassing the compound; so during the fall it's really nice to look at while driving by. Picturesque. Also, - when they're not holed up - there are always a group(s) of Canadian Geese on the grounds; which adds an additional sweet serene quality.

The whole place is somewhat secluded, except that it's sort of placed between a major road and highway, with train tracks running through; but tbh that kind of adds to the overall vibe. i.e. besides the sound(s) of nature, you could be in this completely silent field when suddenly, a train will come barreling through so loud that you can no longer hear yourself - anything - anymore; as it snaps you out of whatever thoughts you were having, demanding your attention.

As if to say, "Notice me. Notice that you aren't where you think you are; but remember where you are, and where you aren't."

Not that I'd build a house there. That'd be just a bit, too disturbing.

haha a brave one aint you
im kinda a supernatural believer so i dont dare to look at the cemeteries when im on the road cuz i dont want the ghosts to be like “wtf ur looking at?” and ill get bad luck or sth lol
just wonder if u believe in ghosts and stuff?

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,170 Posts
good vibe places for me are:

coffee shops
quiet streets
old buildings with nice architecture
home or your grandparents home
a quiet bar
browsing in shops that have music and dimmed lighting
any place where the music is good or there are people you like/feel relaxed around
modern libraries (not the old dusty ones)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
an empty cell with a cat calendar on the wall
sounds nice man
tho if there are pictures on wall i always change them 2 3 times a year and not like im super conscious about them, but looking at the same picture day in and day out would make me sick to the point of vomit man

·
Registered
24,362 Posts
haha a brave one aint you
Ha! I don't know about that...

im kinda a supernatural believer so i dont dare to look at the cemeteries when im on the road cuz i dont want the ghosts to be like “wtf ur looking at?” and ill get bad luck or sth lol
I'm similar in that way at times too. When walking over graves, I start to apologize to everyone(by name). It's so stupid though. Like, if there were ghosts there, they wouldn't just be lying there...

just wonder if u believe in ghosts and stuff?
I think I must. In the past when I've happened to walk through graveyards - alone - at night, I've always never been not scared shitless; of every rustling leaf, in howling wind.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,409 Posts
- homey bars, that have been there forever, where everyone knows each other and the beer is good and cheap
- big, open pastures and fields, where you can see for miles and miles in all directions
- overlooking this one river from a large garden on the bank, watching to boats go by

actually, there are certain moments i would want to build a home in, not just physical places

Reactions: ninjahitsawall

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I don't know why, but I was always into cozy/homey places with no windows. Like Ikea for example, especially the living and bedroom displays, as well as the dining ones with the warm, dim orange lighting...I remember being maybe 6 or 7 years old and I loved that stuff (my parents were going there a lot for new furniture for a few years after my sister was born). Museums too.

I also like quiet places at night after a snowfall, it has this "blank slate" feeling I guess. Like it's just you, the world and this zen-type nothingness.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
The forest around my other home. It is on a nature reserve and the area is thus relatively untainted by civilization. There are large fields left from the feudal days though which are unnatural, the whole area should be more or less dense forest and by dense I mean dense, a temperate forest that doesnt have its fallen trees cleaned up will become very difficult to traverse over time as the trees pile up.

Idk why, I just love the forest, especially at night when you can see the black outlines of the trees with the sky as a backdrop. Makes me want to set up a cozy camp, start a fire and stare at the sky until I fall asleep :D. In my opinion there is nothing else more romantic either; some lame ass city like Paris or Venice has nothing against the night of a northern forest. Cities are at their best at night as well, when there is no sign of human activity.

Civilization produces a lot of indifference and apathy in me when it grows above the size of a small town of 1 000 to 10 000. Seeing faces you dont recognize every day, every day new faces you forget instantly, none of them care to interact with you, everyone is in their own bubble, everyone is a stranger, what possible charm does such a system have? Could such a system avoid the breakdown of social networks between people? Could it avoid having most people be strangers to each other? I think the village model of a few hundred people at most would be quite lovely and sustainable. If you believe the story that a person can realistically sustain a friend or acquaintance network of about 200 at most then it is the only model that would make sense for maximizing social cohesion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts