Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I've read a couple of threads saying that it will take a really long time to gain an ISTJ's trust.

So I am dating an ISTJ , he said he likes me and I like him too that is why we are dating now. He told me though that he still doesn't trust me and that he doesn't trust anyone. It kinda felt weird hearing that because I've never done anything to betray him and all the things he told me, I never told to anyone. So I kept on asking him why he can't trust me, he said he is trying so I asked him, what do you really want and think about it. He said he wants to be with me.
But how? if he doesn't trust me? We obviously separated last time we were together on bad terms because of it.

I realised my mistake and apologized about it. He told me not to take it personally and stop overthinking about it.

Should I leave him alone about this matter? What should I do?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Stop overthinking with men, typically what they tell you is true. you need to be the flexible one here. Is he an e1? he sounds like an e1. don't bring it up again, especially with an istj.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I don't know if he is an E1, but I'll try to ask him next time.

Honestly, this is hard for me because I need to plan the future but because I don't know if he will ever gonna trust me. I can't help thinking like this. I will try not think about it. I'm an INTJ btw.

I only asked him that once. Certain events lead to that conversation plus the alcohol and I got my period that day.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Even if you are an INTJ with an IQ of 145, and you love to talk about religion, politics, your future, it is helpful to save that 5% of the time you are having a bad day and need to complain about the little details to your friends. Well, at least my INTJ and other Ni friends do this. Most of our conversations are hopeful and happy, but about 5% of the time we need to vent about things. No matter your orientation and who you are dating, keep your roundabout complaints to your friends.

Also, periods are no excuse for anything, so keep that out of it. If he will never trust you then you need to move on. If he is an ISTJ is probably in the body triad, e8, e9, e1, or/and a combination. Perhaps it is time to move on then. If he is an 8, and the trust is gone you are pretty much done. He will never let it go. You're wasting you time, move on. Stay sober. If you are moving forward keep the conversation and clothing clean. Alcohol is for romance, not for breaking up.

Sample conversation:

Him: I don't trust you because of...…..(xyyzfghhjkytbmoyedcc)

You: Well ok. I understand how you feel.

Him: Good then we are on the same page

You: Yep

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even if you are an INTJ with an IQ of 145, and you love to talk about religion, politics, your future, it is helpful to save that 5% of the time you are having a bad day and need to complain about the little details to your friends. Well, at least my INTJ and other Ni friends do this. Most of our conversations are hopeful and happy, but about 5% of the time we need to vent about things. No matter your orientation and who you are dating, keep your roundabout complaints to your friends.

Also, periods are no excuse for anything, so keep that out of it. If he will never trust you then you need to move on. If he is an ISTJ is probably in the body triad, e8, e9, e1, or/and a combination. Perhaps it is time to move on then. If he is an 8, and the trust is gone you are pretty much done. He will never let it go. You're wasting you time, move on. Stay sober. If you are moving forward keep the conversation and clothing clean. Alcohol is for romance, not for breaking up.

Sample conversation:

Him: I don't trust you because of...…..(xyyzfghhjkytbmoyedcc)

You: Well ok. I understand how you feel.

Him: Good then we are on the same page

You: Yep
Thank you for the advice. I will consider that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can the Admins please delete this thread now. I now understand my situation. Thank you all for the response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts