Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries!

Now go away or I will taunt you a second time!

;)

I argue about everything, and usually I don't even have an opinion on something it's just to play devil's advocate or just to explore an idea. And while I agree that it is a hallmark of the INTP personality type, people can still be polite even while disagreeing with one another. Unfortunately, this is the Internet and flying off the handle, running off at the mouth and generally shouting down others is usually how discourse is done.

I can't remember who said it, but I always liked a line that went like this: When someone says something that you think is foolish, instead of calling him a damn fool instead ask him what he meant.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I have noticed on alot of threads people seem to want to intentionally piss people off so they can fight with them. Is this just me or do other see this as well?
Informing a snobbish INTJ that a pissing match is about to ensue, one I will win, is not really picking a fight. He started it. I don't ever start fights/arguments but when they happen I tend to be drawn in maybe a little too willingly. As I've found out through my Enneagram I have sort of a constant need to show off being a type 3. So it's sort of, "Hey, look at me guys, I'm in a fight!" That and he was whining about other types in his precious INTJ forum because I made fun of lol cats, which is apparently the most egregious indignation that someone can suffer :rolls eyes:

Come to think of it I think my entire life could be summed up as, "One man's pissing match against God and the rest of society." God's the one who made me though, so I blame God.

But if your fixin' to do a spot of fightin' I'm more than happy to help out. What's your core value system? Let's go politics. I'll berate from the opposing side and It'll be very cathartic.. or it'll just piss everyone off. I'm leanin' towards the latter.

P.S. No angry. Looking back it this post it looks angry. So I can assure you: no angry. Unless you really wanna bicker :p

·
Registered
672 Posts
Not in this forum particularly.

In a couple of the others, for sure. The mods do a good job of nipping them in the bud though.

There are always those looking for a fight. An XNTP discussion can get heated, but I've never seen any personal attacks. I think there is more belief in "attack the issue rather than the person" in NT people, though I could be wrong. I'm new at this.

Why, do you wanna fight?:crazy:

Reactions: Radiant Flux

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
-ETG dropkicks sky604 in the face-

Howdaya like that, huh? There's plenty more where that came from!

-ETG pats his elbow anticipating issuing his patented Atomic Elbow Drop-

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Some people fight better than they talk. 'Oh you wanna talk AND you disagree?' *KaPOW* I WIN. Now shut-up and go cry or something, and that is what I think of your communication.

Also you can use 'argument through outrage' fallacies in persuasive speaking or writing. Limbaugh and Beck provide the best examples of this I can think of.

Why is that car blue?
Who would paint a blue car?
It is ridiculous to think that anyone would want a blue car.
What kind of idiot do you take me for? Do you think that everyone wants a blue car?
You sir are ridiculous and impossible, a fool and a idiot, in thinking that I require a blue car.
Stick your blue car where the sun doesn't shine, for as an [insert target audience] I do not need blue cars.

·
Registered
434 Posts
That was probably me. I get bored and need to provoke people to keep reality stimulating enough for me to pay attention to it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I forgot I aked this untill today. It's funny the reason I was wondering was I find it in sociaty too. It just seems like people like to assume anouthers words in a negitive context in alot of situations especially when they are opposition to our own so I have been tring to broaden my perspective by thinking what the other persons intentions would be if I were to assume they were not intentionally tring to offend anyone. Although sometimes it is hard to be objective when we are directly involved.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts