Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a dream of pet rabbit dying. In the dream, a friend and I took it to the veterinarian's office and hooked it to a bunch of wires. There were lots of square, beeping machines with lots of buttons and flashing lights around in the small office. It looked futuristic almost. The rabbit was bloody, and the doctor was male. He said that unfortunately, the rabbit could not be saved because of some oxygen condition and something else. The rabbit was not old in age, and when it died, the machine beeped and it died with its eyes opened. There were black, cartoon-like X's covering it's eyes after and my friend and I were shrieking "No, no, NOOOO!"

I also had another dream where I saw a movie where the characters were visiting their high school for a reunion. The main character from Charlotte, was wearing a white spaghetti crop shirt with a tropical pencil-like skirt with sandals. She was on her cell phone, and then the principal appeared in front of her. Then there was a frame switch to a male's perspective and he had spiky green hair, wore a white polo shirt, and black pants. He was in love with the main character from Charlotte, and he asked the principal if she was still alive. The principal had a clipboard and he pulled out a rectangular white sheet of paper with red, green, and white/grey bubbles marked on it (kind of like a exam bubble sheet) and his hand with the pen trembled and his eyes had tears in them and they were very dull and grey (cartoon-like grey) There was then a flash of her in the hospital, dying similarly to the rabbit except excluding the x eyes and in a bed with an IV pole next to her. The doctor said she died from cancer. He was also male.The principal then marked on the sheet very slowly with a right-slanted diagonal like "alive" after moving his hand from the bubble "deceased" from the grey row. He gripped onto the guy's shoulders and said, "She's alive, sonny, she's definitely alive."

I then had a dream of a cat dying in the same situation as the rabbit and had the cartoon-like eyes at the end, but died in a stiff, cat laying-on-ground begging pose.

I had these dreams all in the same night, one after another and this is really scaring me. What do they mean? I don't even have a pet rabbit. I also have been having more bad dreams than good ones. Is this a bad omen? Please help. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Dreams are more revealing of your inner world - the more you obsess about it the more you'll dream about it. Dreams are theorized to be the brain processing information so relax, it's not a bad omen.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
My best guess? This is just your mind sorting through it's fears about death. We all have them, even from infancy and we all have to make peace with the idea of it one way or another. Dreaming is what your brain does to make sense of things and sometimes to desensitise you from subjects which are causing you undue fear. I wouldn't worry too much about it, I went through a period around the age of seven of dreaming I was a dead body that was getting eaten by creepy crawlies. They were awful dreams that woke me up feeling strange but I'm still here 38yrs later. :tongue:

For reference I also dreamt about being chased by some kind of demon repeatedly. Yeah that never happened either.

Are you on the cusp of some major change in life? Such as leaving home, school, college, a new job etc?

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
I usually take dreams metaphorically. Themes in yours:

Fear of endings, fear of innocents being harmed to the point of no return. Loss of nature and ability to thrive. I don't know anything about Charlotte so don't have much insight into that, sorry. Vaguely maybe that love can save things. Nostalgia. Things ending premptively before they can flourish. Not being able to do anything in a situation that is causing you and others pain.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I usually take dreams metaphorically. Themes in yours:

Fear of endings, fear of innocents being harmed to the point of no return. Loss of nature and ability to thrive. I don't know anything about Charlotte so don't have much insight into that, sorry. Vaguely maybe that love can save things. Nostalgia. Things ending premptively before they can flourish. Not being able to do anything in a situation that is causing you and others pain.
Charlotte is an anime. I forgot the plot, so here's the plot synopsis:

Very few adolescent boys and girls have an onset of special abilities. Yu Otosaka is one such man who uses his ability unbeknownst to others in order to lead a satisfying school life. Then one day, a girl named Nao Tomori suddenly appears before him. Their encounter reveals the destiny for wielders of special abilities. less

^^The girl in the grey hair is the girl that appeared in the second dream.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Agreed with what others have said about it being your brain processing things. Dreams are weird because the logical center of our brain shuts down while we sleep, while the emotional center is in high gear. There's no automatic filtering of reality or putting things into order. Sometimes it's so raw that it's real and clear what the dream means, but sometimes it's just loose associations and regurgitated information.

In scientific terms, your limbic system is the emotional system of your brain, and the parts that comprise it function for both memory and emotion. So your amygdala (emotional processing) sends out storms across the rest of the system when it's agitated by some kind of stressor, which randomly activates neurons that bring up all kinds of short and long term memories that you weren't even conscious of due to awareness filtering processes in your brain. Sometimes they're neurons that are old as fuck. If it's a stress that you're preoccupied with, you're more likely to dream about it in some capacity because it's fresh.

So if you're stressed by emotional situation, or had too much of a stimulant too close to bed, it can all cause bad dreams.

On that last note, have had any of the following before bed?

Chocolate
Dairy products
Greasy foods
High-sodium foods
Alcohol
Caffeine
Sugar
Pasta

Those can all cause bad dreams. In my experience, chocolate and caffeine are especially nasty to eat or drink close to bed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts