Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Sister is a wonderful ENFP, And our Mother is a ESTJ. They just don't seem to be able to get along. Our mom is extremely overbearing to the point of not letting us watch MTV until we left the house. She can be allot to handle but I have always been able to manipulate things to get my way, (I'm an INTJ, it's what I do.) But My sister was a model golden child until she was about 15 and then it was like she just snapped and my mother cant even ask how her day was without her freaking out. Granted mom has a way of saying things to get under our skin deliberately and she pry's, but I feel like my sister should be used to it by now and do what I do, lie. My sister doesn't even live in the same state anymore and they are still at it, and I'm always thrown in the middle. I don't know how I ended up being the one they both whine to because, I make it clear I don't want to hear their drama but somehow I'm always hearing about it. What I need to know is if there is a way to get the ENFP and ESTJ to work together or at least work this out on their own. I am willing to help them figure things out but I am not going to be in the middle of this anymore so I need options please!

Thanks

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I'm sorry I can't help you because I don't live with an estj. I live with istj.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My mums an ESTJ.
I can't say much to help, because I usually just lie, or plug my earphones in and nod every now and then when she's going on and on.
These two types just really don't get along well at all, I guess.
I've never met an ESTJ other than my mother, and she drives me insane.
I usually just avoid her and only go to her when I really really need something.

best of luck with that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great suggestions, "Lie", just "telling mom what she wants to hear".... unfortunately this is what I do, and what I tell my sister to do but she just refuses!!! Something about how she shouldn't have to... Gagh:angry: But thanks for the help anyways:wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts