Personality Cafe banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
I dislike phone calls. I don't dread them or anything & I am quite confident on the phone, but it just feels artificial somehow. I'd much rather speak to someone face to face. Or if that is not possible: e-mail, skype, letters.

Whats-app is the most annoying application ever invented by man. Before that: texts were the most annoying thing invented by man. Ideally I want my phone capable of doing two things. 1. Call friends & family 2. Internet. Basically I want a very old Nokia with Google installed on it.

Luckily you can turn off your mobile internet and the phone has an off switch (oh joy!). I regularly turn off my wifi at home, because both my friend-group and co-workers created a group conversation in whats-app. Stuff of nightmares I tell you.

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,717 Posts
Terrified of phone calls, to put it bluntly.

Communication with people is something I struggle with enough, but when it comes to a brazen alarm of sorts that seems to demand your immediate attention... to me it's like hearing a fire drill go off. It induces a strong sense of panic.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Honestly, I hate calling people.
I never know what to say, my words fall out much better on paper because I can organize them better.

If I really have to make an appointment, I tend to plot out what I need to say on paper and take deep breaths during the conversation to recenter myself during it.
"What do I need to do now?" is a really prominent thing in the conversation.
If I need to ask something, ask something.
If you need to hang up, just excuse yourself by saying that you need to go. The other person will understand.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts