Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
-The fact that I understand my own feelings better than other's.
-The fact that I live in the past mostly and not really in the future. I fantasize about the future, but that's because I can pretend that what I want hasn't happened yet :p. I rarely plan about the future, and I interpret everything from past experiences.
-I'm not emotional.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for wisdom and peace. I want to be respected as someone you can ask for advice. I guess I also want to find love and a family. But I'm not sure I would like it if it actually happened. (I don't like clingy people).

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I think when I had made a presentation about my bachelorthesis, and I was told that it was the best presentation they had ever heard! And then I got an A on my thesis too! I'm often given constructive critisicm, and I rarely believe the few people who actually tell me I'm talented. But that day I believed in the praise I got :)

4) What makes you feel inferior?
-I live with a friend of mine who never wants to eat anything she hasn't made herself. which makes me feel like a bad cook.
-when I can't get a conversation going with someone, and they leave.
- my mom reorganizes my apartment when she comes to visit, as she thinks I'm not solving things in the best way.
-when people ask me what I'm doing this weekend (they already have plans of course), and I haven't made any plans. and especially when it's a mixture of me wanting to be alone (which I always do) and nobody calling me anyway.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
mostly how I feel about it. I go more by instinct than what's rational. if I hear something's smart to do, I won't do it.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I like to make sure that it gets done. If I don't have any control, I won't be enthusiastic.

7) Describe to us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I remember being in Paris with a friend, and going to this completely random restaurant (I would never have dared to go to an unknown place without my friend taking charge), and sharing a bottle of wine. I actually told her about the time I was bullied for the first time. so it should have been depressing, but it was great to actually open up to her. I love talking about the deep stuff.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
a combination of hands on and theorizing. something hands-on like building furniture and endnote, I have to do myself if I want to learn it. but I'm really skilled at grasping theories and concepts. And I suck at manual stuff like music, sports, handcrafts etc.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
- not that much. but I need some structure to get things done. so I always have a daily routine. but this routine will often change. I just need to have a plan if I'm doing something I don't like. but if it gets into a rut, the routine will change.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
principles, definitely. I'm horribly unconcerned about facts. it's my biggest shame that I prefer things to make sense to me, more than it making sense to others o being true.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
by making sure I follow what I believe and being myself.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I speak before thinking.
I prefer both. But if I plan to actually talk, more than just the odd comment, I prefer one-on-one. But I don't feel responsible for the conversation in a group, so it can be quite relaxing.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I want to know where I'm jumping. But I prefer not moving :p
action speaks more than words for me when figuring out others. yup action.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
stay home of course.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I freak out on the inside. And I freeze. But I'm not sure about this one. Actually... I think I just ignore the problem

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
-if they are noisy.
- nosy people who want to know what I'm doing.
- putting their needs over others, to the point that it inconveniences them. like when people use up the hot water when they shower, or people who cut lines.
- again: when they won't shut up
-people who are obsessed with other people's looks. especially if they make fun of other people's looks.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
-our personalities.
-stuff like language groups and nationalities
-memories
-ancestry
- childhood stuff.
-style and color analysis
-philosophy and sociology
- the deep stuff

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life
-practical things.
-what's in fashion

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
-they think I'm more extroverted than I am. But I prefer being alone.
- they think I don't care. which can be true.
- they think I'm scared of new stuff. true
- they think I'm both older than my age, but also cutesy. true.
otherwise they rarely want to talk about me.

- they never say that I'm selfobsessed, which I slightly am.
-they rarely call me accomplished
- they never call me intimidating.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
- reading up on color analysis and personality types. reading, watching tv.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'd say INFP. You seem to have a lot of Fi and a decent amount of Si. You also seem to have the Ne there. Check it out.

Reactions: Ayia

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I've been sort of expecting that I was an INFP all along. So "hearing" it from someone else really helps :).

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
INFP. You seem to use a lot of Si, though. You had some Sensing answers in there. Both Se and Si. But then you also have a good amount of Ne. Keep an eye out for that. :)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I'm seeing Fi and Si, so your two most likely options are INFP and ISTJ.

Edit: I also see far more Ne than Te, so you're probably INFP.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Fi<Ne<Si. You are an INFP. I actually figure this out from the very first line.....

-The fact that I understand my own feelings better than other's.
This is Fi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts