Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I've recently felt quite depressed and my mood swings are quite unpredictable, but I'm feeling calm and chilled right now. I'm a female and I'm 15/16 years old, might seem young but I do feel it's quite enough though?

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?
INFJ, INFP, INFP-T, INFJ-T, ISFP, ISFJ. In no particular order.

3. Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here:
www[.]flickr[.]com/photos/pinks2000/17526226835/in/explore-2015-05-11/ www[.]flickr[.]com/photos/pedalhead/17321295228/in/explore-2015-05-11/

First photo:
This is absolutely beautiful, in my opinion. I like how the hues of blue, pink, and purple mix with the little stars really well. Astronomy has always makes me feel at awe because of its beauty. It looks kinda like a drawing if I look at it more thoroughly but it looks real too at the same time. I just feel it's beautiful and I feel some sense of magic when looking at them. It feels like the galaxy moves for a while when I look at it. I don't know how to put what I exactly feel accurately though, but magical is obviously the nearest similar word. And somehow I feel like it's kind of edited because it looks too surreal.

Second photo:
The colors and lightning are gorgeous here. This photo gives this calm and chill vibe, but I feel really uneasy looking at its reflection on the water. This might sound so funny but, I feel like something's gonna pop out of the water if I stare on it for too long. The trees look pretty with that lightning, but the reflection of them just terrify me. It's calming and almost looks like harmonious yet at the same time has that uneasy feeling that comes along with it.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?
If I'm deeply interested and devoted to the topic, I might become interested and distracted but if it's not, I'd listen to what my friend has to say anxiously, constantly checking on the time. If I feel like I listen enough, I'd excuse myself as subtle as possible and go do my stuff. I'd probably think, "My God, what a bad timing! But okay, I'll listen to what you have to say since being ignored isn't something I'd like to experience either."

5a. What are some of your most important values?
Respect, intelligent, quick-witted, unique, smart, hardworking, passionate, understanding, authentic

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?
It might change if I come across a new interesting principle/idea I want to stand for. The reason might be various, but mostly because I just know that I want to believe in that certain new value and stand by it.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?
If it's not someone who's close to me, I'd be like "okay" because they don't know me enough—in my opinion—to make such random speculation, but I'm fine if they want to look at it that way since it's their perspective anyway. I'd probably just ask, "Why do you think so?" since I might correct them or introspect myself with the answer. If it's someone who's close to me says that, I'd be quite shocked and hurt because I know I might seem rude/cruel at first but I'd be more and more welcoming and warm as the friendship goes along, even do little sacrifices sometimes. I'd still ask the same thing and if it's logical enough, I'd think about it but I doubt I'll change if it's something I feel unnecessary and based on his/her perspective only.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?
I like being on Tumblr a. real. lot. I enjoy scrolling through my dash and finding things I'm enthusiastic about all in one page, it's just thrilling. Tumblr just brings me joy and constantly fills me up with new information and news, which makes me happy because I hate to be outdated on things.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?
I'm drained usually after activities which require me being on the center of attention, in a certain way. I'd be really drained and unhappy during PE class at school, because it requires me "mix" and work as a team while I know I suck a lot at PE and trying just makes me look more awkward. I'd also feel drained if I'm talking to a few people, then more and more join in, and the conversations start to be really noisy and full of people's opinions thrown here and there. I'd soon feel exhausted and backed away, which I dislike from myself because it sometimes makes me feel like I don't talk and join them enough.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)
I feel like I'm in-between? I like my time alone, but I'd also feel happy if I get to interact with other people. Introverts seem to be stereotyped with always reading books, always likes to be home, doesn't like to socialize much which is kinda me and kinda not? I do love books and being at home, but I like to socialize too. I'd say I'm more of an introvert, but I can often be on the mood where I want to socialize and blend with other people. I read somewhere about ambivert facts and honestly, I never feel more belonged.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?
My greatest strengths have to be my maturity, intelligence and responsibility, and being a good listener/advisor. Often in conflicts I'd be the first to ask what the latter really wants and if they think I'm wrong, I'd say I'm sorry, followed by either I agree that I'm wrong or think that I'm right so we need to just respect each other's opinions. I'm a procrastinator, but I'm responsible for what I have to do and I do my best on all my school assignments. If I really put my mind onto it, I can easily learn new stuffs and pass my tests easily. My friends tend to say that they like talking to me because I understand so many things and they like my advises so I think that counts, eh?

My greatest weaknesses would be insecurity, uncertainty, and perfectionist. I'm really insecure 24/7, also I doubt myself about everything regularly. I'm a reaaaaally bad perfectionist and I'd willing to start over with a blank paper even though I already reached halfway if I feel like so; for the sake of a clean assignment.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
In terms of school, I usually feel stressed but then get over it quickly so it doesn't really matter. I'd just get sudden thoughts of "I can't do this with this little time" and stuffs but eventually, I'd finish and not worry anymore.
In terms of my physical appearances, if I'm really stressed, I'd break down for a while and get all these "I hate myself" and "Please just die" thoughts. Well, that's not so great, I know.
In terms of family, my mom makes me stressed a lot so I'd often cry because of some hurtful things she said. I'd be really depressed for a about 20-30 minutes, then I feel OK and watch some TV. But if there's no distraction anymore, I'd suddenly remember and probably becomes depressed for a while again. It's bad, and my mood swings are terrible, so yeah.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?
When people humiliate me, I hate being humiliated because not only I'm the center of attention, but they're mocking me and picking on my flaws too, so that sucks a lot even though it's just for the fun. When people actually try to force me to stand on a certain thing they believe or unfriend me because I refuse to. That's completely stupid because people's thoughts are relative and the difference of it makes people "humans", not just some skin and bones.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?
There are literally infinite numbers of things going around my mind, even as I'm typing this. Things just blurt out on my mind out of nowhere and I find it hard to list them one by one because literally, they're 'that' complex. But I'd try to focus on the common ones. I like to imagine and fantasize about things a lot. I daydream about what my life in another situation, usually just fantasizing myself living a 'perfect' life or being expert on multiple of things. I often think about world issues like sexism, racism, equality, trigger warning illness, etc. Other times I'd think about what's wrong with my life and how can I fix them, what should I do if I meet with another unpleasing situation, what should I do to avoid this and that, etc.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?
Feedbacks are fine, and I accept them as long as they don't go beyond the limit. I don't exactly know what my limits are, but I just know when something go off the limit or not. Critics are fine too, as long as the words aren't too much since I get sensitive to criticism as my mom is already very critical and judgmental of me.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?
I like answering these questions, honestly. I always like to explain what I think of things, what I stand for and just basically telling people bits of my thoughts. It just feels like the words flow as I'm typing, but that doesn't usually happen when I want to make a certain story, lol. I often end up deleting the prologue and discard everything. Also, I've got a thing with having a perspective and respecting each other's, I just think that's really important. That's all, I guess!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Off Topic: Where did you find this questionnaire? Its slightly different from another and I want to know where did you find it :p

On Topic: NFP leaning towards most likely INFP. I see a lot of Fi and Ne within your answers :) Do you have any reasons why you think you might not be an INFP?

·
Registered
456 Posts
If I was typing by dichotomies, id say that you seem F over T and although you say you are a bit between in extroversion and intorversion, I would type you as an Introvert. I think I too lean a little towards Intuition especially based on some of the answers at the end, like #12 and #14. I'd be a little more unsure of J vs P though.

But typing by functions I'd agree with Avalnoah above, that there seems to be a lot of Fi in your answers, so for an introvert IxFP, and possibly then INFP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot where I found this questionnaire but it's definitely from this forum though! Lol sorry I'm bad at recollecting stuffs.

I do so many personality tests and ended up with equal results of INFJ and INFP, so that's what makes me confused about myself a lot! Explains a lot why pivot_turn is unsure of P and J.

I think I'm unsure because when I read the functions, I tend to relate to both? It's always a half-half situation for me and I always and always end up really frustrated and confused because I just really wanna know what my true MBTI type is!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Hi, I hope I can help!

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?
INFJ, INFP, INFP-T, INFJ-T, ISFP, ISFJ. In no particular order.
So, introverted feeler...yes?

First photo:
This is absolutely beautiful, in my opinion. I like how the hues of blue, pink, and purple mix with the little stars really well. Astronomy has always makes me feel at awe because of its beauty. It looks kinda like a drawing if I look at it more thoroughly but it looks real too at the same time. I just feel it's beautiful and I feel some sense of magic when looking at them. It feels like the galaxy moves for a while when I look at it. I don't know how to put what I exactly feel accurately though, but magical is obviously the nearest similar word. And somehow I feel like it's kind of edited because it looks too surreal.
This is Ne/Si. Subjective impressions of the image and then gaining/ideas off of it.

The colors and lightning are gorgeous here. This photo gives this calm and chill vibe, but I feel really uneasy looking at its reflection on the water. This might sound so funny but, I feel like something's gonna pop out of the water if I stare on it for too long. The trees look pretty with that lightning, but the reflection of them just terrify me. It's calming and almost looks like harmonious yet at the same time has that uneasy feeling that comes along with it.
Lots of Si in this, in how the trees look scary, Ne/Si definitely.

If I'm deeply interested and devoted to the topic, I might become interested and distracted but if it's not, I'd listen to what my friend has to say anxiously, constantly checking on the time. If I feel like I listen enough, I'd excuse myself as subtle as possible and go do my stuff. I'd probably think, "My God, what a bad timing! But okay, I'll listen to what you have to say since being ignored isn't something I'd like to experience either."
I feel like you're an intuitive, but definitely not an Ne-dom. I would probably get distracted and forget to check the time.

Respect, intelligent, quick-witted, unique, smart, hardworking, passionate, understanding, authentic
These seem like...Fi values? I mean, anyone could have these, but the passion and authenticity seem fairly Fi.

It might change if I come across a new interesting principle/idea I want to stand for. The reason might be various, but mostly because I just know that I want to believe in that certain new value and stand by it.
This seems Fi/Ne.

If it's not someone who's close to me, I'd be like "okay" because they don't know me enough—in my opinion—to make such random speculation, but I'm fine if they want to look at it that way since it's their perspective anyway. I'd probably just ask, "Why do you think so?" since I might correct them or introspect myself with the answer. If it's someone who's close to me says that, I'd be quite shocked and hurt because I know I might seem rude/cruel at first but I'd be more and more welcoming and warm as the friendship goes along, even do little sacrifices sometimes. I'd still ask the same thing and if it's logical enough, I'd think about it but I doubt I'll change if it's something I feel unnecessary and based on his/her perspective only.
Seems like something a Ji dom would say. You're probably an IxxP type.

I like being on Tumblr a. real. lot. I enjoy scrolling through my dash and finding things I'm enthusiastic about all in one page, it's just thrilling. Tumblr just brings me joy and constantly fills me up with new information and news, which makes me happy because I hate to be outdated on things.
Introversion mixed with Ne, because of a need for new information.

I'm drained usually after activities which require me being on the center of attention, in a certain way. I'd be really drained and unhappy during PE class at school, because it requires me "mix" and work as a team while I know I suck a lot at PE and trying just makes me look more awkward. I'd also feel drained if I'm talking to a few people, then more and more join in, and the conversations start to be really noisy and full of people's opinions thrown here and there. I'd soon feel exhausted and backed away, which I dislike from myself because it sometimes makes me feel like I don't talk and join them enough.
Introversion

[/QUOTE]

I feel like I'm in-between? I like my time alone, but I'd also feel happy if I get to interact with other people. Introverts seem to be stereotyped with always reading books, always likes to be home, doesn't like to socialize much which is kinda me and kinda not? I do love books and being at home, but I like to socialize too. I'd say I'm more of an introvert, but I can often be on the mood where I want to socialize and blend with other people. I read somewhere about ambivert facts and honestly, I never feel more belonged. [/QUOTE]

As an ENFP, I am what you would call an ambivert. However, I believe you are social introvert. Not all introverts are completely unsocial and never speak to others, many are very talkative to certain people.

My greatest strengths have to be my maturity, intelligence and responsibility, and being a good listener/advisor. Often in conflicts I'd be the first to ask what the latter really wants and if they think I'm wrong, I'd say I'm sorry, followed by either I agree that I'm wrong or think that I'm right so we need to just respect each other's opinions. I'm a procrastinator, but I'm responsible for what I have to do and I do my best on all my school assignments. If I really put my mind onto it, I can easily learn new stuffs and pass my tests easily. My friends tend to say that they like talking to me because I understand so many things and they like my advises so I think that counts, eh?
This seems very NF-y. NFs are often very mature and can council others. The organization could be J, but then again, INFPs have tertiary Si so they can be organized as well.

My greatest weaknesses would be insecurity, uncertainty, and perfectionist. I'm really insecure 24/7, also I doubt myself about everything regularly. I'm a reaaaaally bad perfectionist and I'd willing to start over with a blank paper even though I already reached halfway if I feel like so; for the sake of a clean assignment.
I think we all are insecure, and we are all perfectionists, so it isn't really related to type. I'm the worst perfectionist ever, I'll redo something 40 times until every bit of it is perfect, especially when I get paranoid about the outcome.

In terms of school, I usually feel stressed but then get over it quickly so it doesn't really matter. I'd just get sudden thoughts of "I can't do this with this little time" and stuffs but eventually, I'd finish and not worry anymore.
In terms of my physical appearances, if I'm really stressed, I'd break down for a while and get all these "I hate myself" and "Please just die" thoughts. Well, that's not so great, I know.
In terms of family, my mom makes me stressed a lot so I'd often cry because of some hurtful things she said. I'd be really depressed for a about 20-30 minutes, then I feel OK and watch some TV. But if there's no distraction anymore, I'd suddenly remember and probably becomes depressed for a while again. It's bad, and my mood swings are terrible, so yeah.
Seems like an insecure feeler type. I can relate.

When people humiliate me, I hate being humiliated because not only I'm the center of attention, but they're mocking me and picking on my flaws too, so that sucks a lot even though it's just for the fun. When people actually try to force me to stand on a certain thing they believe or unfriend me because I refuse to. That's completely stupid because people's thoughts are relative and the difference of it makes people "humans", not just some skin and bones.
This seems like...INFP insecurities...?

There are literally infinite numbers of things going around my mind, even as I'm typing this. Things just blurt out on my mind out of nowhere and I find it hard to list them one by one because literally, they're 'that' complex. But I'd try to focus on the common ones. I like to imagine and fantasize about things a lot. I daydream about what my life in another situation, usually just fantasizing myself living a 'perfect' life or being expert on multiple of things. I often think about world issues like sexism, racism, equality, trigger warning illness, etc. Other times I'd think about what's wrong with my life and how can I fix them, what should I do if I meet with another unpleasing situation, what should I do to avoid this and that, etc. [/QUOTE[

This is Ne, specifically Fi-Ne. The fantasizing of your perfect, ideal life, is an xNFP thing. I can relate.

Feedbacks are fine, and I accept them as long as they don't go beyond the limit. I don't exactly know what my limits are, but I just know when something go off the limit or not. Critics are fine too, as long as the words aren't too much since I get sensitive to criticism as my mom is already very critical and judgmental of me.
This isn't really related to type.

Anyway, I think you're an INFP. Almost positive on this. :)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I forgot where I found this questionnaire but it's definitely from this forum though! Lol sorry I'm bad at recollecting stuffs.

I do so many personality tests and ended up with equal results of INFJ and INFP, so that's what makes me confused about myself a lot! Explains a lot why pivot_turn is unsure of P and J.

I think I'm unsure because when I read the functions, I tend to relate to both? It's always a half-half situation for me and I always and always end up really frustrated and confused because I just really wanna know what my true MBTI type is!
You're not alone! It's a popular puzzle. There are some videos which discuss "INFJ or INFP?". This one is pretty helpful ...

Two others are by Miss Melody -->

and Barracuda -->

For text discussions, check Socionics - the16types.info - MBTI Type Differences: How to tell apart INFPs and INFJs .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, I was almost sure I am an INFP until I watch the videos. I'm clearly more to the directing style communication and will do the informing style only when I want to sound polite to certain people, mostly elders. I also come off as cold and distant when I dislike someone or something, like for e.g. right now, I'm totally ignoring my friend who's just too childish lol. Another thing is I notice that I don't really know what I'm feeling most of the time until someone points it out or I actually think about it thoroughly. I remembered vividly that one time I was feeling really irritated about someone, but I didn't know I dislike her until something actually happened and I finally realized. I tend to absorb the energy and vibe around me too. I think it was like the last day of school and my teacher looked really sad to let us go. No one was crying but I was trying reaaaaally hard to not let my tears fall lol.

But what makes me unsure is that I also relate to INFP personalities? I'm not organized person and have a messy desk most of the time (but well, if I notice I have a messy desk then I'll get it tidied up but mostly I don't really notice). If I dislike a school subject, I'd still learn and do it by heart for the sake of good grades. I also fantasize and dream about unnecessary things that are only good for my circle of society? Well, my fantasies are not like seeing myself in Hogwarts or as a vampire or whatever, it'z still about my life in a different way, which only benefits me, actually? That's very INFJ, I suppose, since INFJs tend to be more self-centered (so the video said).

I think I relate more to INFJ personality right now. But if I am an INFJ, how come did I write and answer the questionnaire like an INFP as most of you guys say? Lol I almost gave up on MBTI but then I don't like leaving matters open-ended so basically I need to find out to live my life peacefully. Anyways, thanks to TelepathicGoose for observing! And a big thank you for the videos as they are very helpful to me :)

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
yw, Geekspecs!

If you like take the DNardi MBTI test --> Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes . (Hint: Avoid picking the middle choice as an answer to get a sharper result.) Besides personality type, the result includes a good cognitive functions profile.

Maybe you could copy and post your functions profile.

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you are unsure about INFJ and INFP from a test, then I don't see it as a strong enough reason as to why you would not be INFP. INFP very sure :)

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,202 Posts
From the questionnaire you seem more like INFP, some of the answers seem like Fi and Ne:)

Since you related to the INFJs from the videos my second guess would be ISFJ. Fe is a socially extroverted function, which could explain why you think you're more of an ambivert but leaning towards the introverted side. Also, ISFJs use Ne/Si like Infps. Just a suggestion though, but you seem more like an Fi user, I don't see your F function being externally focused, but this is only based on your questionnaire.

I don't think selfishness/generosity is related to a type, it depends on the individual.(sorry, I am not criticizing the videos, I just didn't agree with her when she said that).

·
Registered
159 Posts
@geekspecs here are some questions for you. Please elaborate in your answers.

5a. What are some of your most important values?
Please order these values, starting with the most important.

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?
What would make a new idea or principle interesting enough that you would change one of your values?

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?
Tell us how you are rude and cruel at first. Explain how you would do little sacrifices as the friendship develops.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?
What kind of new information and news are you specifically most interested in?

Tell us more about being drained when you are the center of attention.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)
I feel like I'm in-between? I like my time alone, but I'd also feel happy if I get to interact with other people. Introverts seem to be stereotyped with always reading books, always likes to be home, doesn't like to socialize much which is kinda me and kinda not? I do love books and being at home, but I like to socialize too. I'd say I'm more of an introvert, but I can often be on the mood where I want to socialize and blend with other people. I read somewhere about ambivert facts and honestly, I never feel more belonged.
Is there something that you want to accomplish in your interaction with other people to make it enjoyable for you? Tell us more about how you "blend" with other people.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

Is it important to be an advisor to others?

I daydream about what my life in another situation, usually just fantasizing myself living a 'perfect' life or being expert on multiple of things.
Tell us more about the "perfect" life. Why is it important to be an expert on multiple things?

I like answering these questions, honestly. I always like to explain what I think of things, what I stand for and just basically telling people bits of my thoughts.
Why is it important that other people know about you?

I remembered vividly that one time I was feeling really irritated about someone, but I didn't know I dislike her until something actually happened and I finally realized. I tend to absorb the energy and vibe around me too. I think it was like the last day of school and my teacher looked really sad to let us go. No one was crying but I was trying reaaaaally hard to not let my tears fall lol.
Tell us more about how you absorb the energy and vibe around you.

I also fantasize and dream about unnecessary things that are only good for my circle of society?
Tell us more about your circle of society and your relationship to it. Why is this circle important to you? What are you like within this circle?

Lol I almost gave up on MBTI but then I don't like leaving matters open-ended so basically I need to find out to live my life peacefully.
Tell us more about not wanting things to be open-ended.

Is it ok to be flexible with your values in order to get along with the group?

Do you find that you learn new things for the sake of learning new things, or do you learn because you have a goal in mind?

Do you spend any time trying to understand people and their motivations? How important is that to you?

Do you prefer to make decisions quickly or do you prefer to leave things undecided for as long as possible?

Do you put other's needs before your own in social situations?

You are at a social event where you see that someone is acting out. What is your impression of the situation? Do you feel the urge to do anything? Why or why not?

You have been given the "Most important person on earth" award. What did you do to deserve this honour?

When interacting with other people do you prefer to adapt to the person you are interacting with? Why or why not?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please order these values, starting with the most important.
1. Respect, understanding
2. Unique, authentic
3. Passionate, hardworking
4. Intelligent, smart, quick-witted
These are all linked because I can't really order these without linking one to another. These are all almost equally important to me honestly.

What would make a new idea or principle interesting enough that you would change one of your values?
Hm, I don't know exactly how, but I would know if I want to stand on that certain value. I might come across something one day, and next week I suddenly remember and think about it a lot, then I'll decide whether I agree or not. Usually, I'd think about that certain value first, then I'd meet with a situation that convinces me to stand by it or not. I'm just following my guts and feelings most of the time, and decide whether it's really important or not later.

Tell us how you are rude and cruel at first. Explain how you would do little sacrifices as the friendship develops.
I'm not a talkative person and might often 'look' rude because I dislike starting conversations with strangers, or if they actually talk to me I'd reply with short, simple answers to end the convo quickly. I don't refer all my classmates as my friends too; I only consider the ones I'm close with and talk daily with as my friends. I do notice I'm quite self-centered, so I'd put my needs above people and that might come off as cruel at certain situations.

Well, I think I often let my thoughts linger in the air and agree with my friends if that prevents conflicts from happening. I dislike sharing my homework, school works, or anything with people, honestly, because I think they need to put effort first and ask for help later. But if my friends ask for them, I'd most likely give them what they need. I'd let my friend eat that last piece of pizza if they want to although I was eyeing on them. Sometimes, I'd feel extra generous and buy my friends drinks or food, and even help to do their homework or class work if they're asking sincerely and nicely.

What kind of new information and news are you specifically most interested in?
Basically anything, but I'd say I'm happiest with international news and information that usually affect many people in this world, like feminism, equality, protesters, plane crash, etc. Other minor stuffs I'm interested in probably include tutorials on things, unusual tricks and tips, unnoticed people who actually are heroes, etc.

Tell us more about being drained when you are the center of attention.
I think I'd be extremely drained after being the center of humiliation. I just hate humiliation with a passion. I'd also be tired when the whole class start to talk about me and make assumptions about my life, that's gross and very wrong as well. I'd just feel drained after an event that requires me to not make mistakes because there are actual people watching me.

Is there something that you want to accomplish in your interaction with other people to make it enjoyable for you? Tell us more about how you "blend" with other people.
Hm, I think I like it when people actually understand me. I know they wouldn't 100% do, because I know I have a very complex mind, but just, understand something about me. I like to have a conversation in which I don't have to pretend and put in extra effort; just easily find the words to say and let them flow as it goes. But mostly I'd love to help people and open their minds to a new sightings. If I do that, I'd feel really accomplished and happy.

Well, for me, blending with other people means joining a group convo, hang out together, have a discussion about something, etc. Just basically participate on what they're doing. Mostly when I blend and talk with a group of people, a certain someone just has a tendency to irritate me and go against what I stand for. So I'd spat out some sarcasm (because I don't like to sound 'really' mean and I don't want to give them the right to dislike me) and slowly go away.

It definitely is! I just like to help people with their problems, find who they really are, get them back to their core values and so on. It's honestly my pleasure to help them with their lives in any way I can.

Tell us more about the "perfect" life. Why is it important to be an expert on multiple things?
Well, a perfect life is probably my life without insecurities, limitations, and stress. It can't be exactly 'perfect', but my life without those things would probably be a perfect one

Expert on multiple of things here actually means being skilled on physical activities, for e.g. playing an instrument, sports, etc. People see achievements to define someone, although I disagree with that, that's how the world really is and I can do nothing about that. I'm aware of what I'm good at, but they're not something people always see. I'm smart, and people know that by what I've achieved physically. They don't know that I help some people with these problems, that I get 5k notes on my edits on Tumblr; they just judge by what they see and sometimes we get respect by our achievements. Let's just say I do think about what they're thinking about me and if I'm an expert on multiple of things, they'll respect me more.

Why is it important that other people know about you?
I don't honestly know how to put this, but I think people often misjudge and misunderstand me often. I feel the constant need to justify myself and who I really am to people, although I don't always get the chance to.

If I enter a room with people who are deeply, genuinely sad, then I'd feel really sad too without knowing the reason why. I might be scared of something, but if people around me aren't, I wouldn't be that 'scared' anymore. If I hang out with positive people, I'd somehow be an optimistic person, and if I'm hanging out with negative ones, I'd be the worst pessimist ever.

Tell us more about your circle of society and your relationship to it. Why is this circle important to you? What are you like within this circle?
Um, my circle of society is just an average one, I guess? I definitely hang out more with girls though, because I find that boys my age tend to be immature and not careful with their words. It doesn't have any commitments or rules whatsoever. It's important because it's the one I'm currently most with, I guess. It can change. I'm not always 'present' in mind and just focus on my positive side here, but I definitely care about every single one of them.

I just dislike it? I hate it when something's not decided. Well, I do have no idea of what I'm going to be in the future and I know that options are gonna be available along the way. But I can't lie to myself and say that it's all fine, I'm honestly very anxious about what my true ambitions are and what I'm gonna be. I don't like indecisive matters even though I often come across many.

Yeah, totally. I'll let people be themselves and maybe change gradually as they live by.

Do you find that you learn new things for the sake of learning new things, or do you learn because you have a goal in mind?
For the sake of learning new things most of the time.

Do you spend any time trying to understand people and their motivations? How important is that to you?
Yeah, I do. I like reading people and just to understand them. It's exciting for me and I'd say that's one of my passions.

Do you prefer to make decisions quickly or do you prefer to leave things undecided for as long as possible?
I do like making decisions quickly, but tend to leave things undecided for a long time because I often don't know what I really want.

Do you put other's needs before your own in social situations?
That sometimes happens, but I put myself first most of the time, I guess.

You are at a social event where you see that someone is acting out. What is your impression of the situation? Do you feel the urge to do anything? Why or why not?
I'd probably feel disgusted and irritated. I might feel the urge, but I wouldn't do anything if it's something I can still handle.

You have been given the "Most important person on earth" award. What did you do to deserve this honour?
Ah, tough question. Maybe I'd be an understanding leader, or maybe I'll become the leader of some movement for justice or equality. Or I'll just be the person who cure sick people and let them live a little more.

When interacting with other people do you prefer to adapt to the person you are interacting with? Why or why not?
I tend to, although sometimes I don't want to. Adapting to people is almost an effective way to prevent conflicts and not hurting their feelings, so that's important for me.

//

Thanks for the questions, @robert666! This might be very long and tiring to read though? Lol I'm so sorry for that!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for the questions, @robert666! This might be very long and tiring to read though? Lol I'm so sorry for that!
It's actually good that there's lots of information, that's what I was asking for. It helps to type you more accurately. Here are a few more questions.

Are you saying that it drains you if everyone in the group has a different opinion? Would you prefer that everyone had the same opinion? Please explain your answer.

You say that you like your time alone but also feel happy if you get to interact with other people. Are you feeling energized or drained when you decide to go and interact with other people?

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?
There are literally infinite numbers of things going around my mind, even as I'm typing this. Things just blurt out on my mind out of nowhere and I find it hard to list them one by one because literally, they're 'that' complex. But I'd try to focus on the common ones. I like to imagine and fantasize about things a lot. I daydream about what my life in another situation, usually just fantasizing myself living a 'perfect' life or being expert on multiple of things. I often think about world issues like sexism, racism, equality, trigger warning illness, etc. Other times I'd think about what's wrong with my life and how can I fix them, what should I do if I meet with another unpleasing situation, what should I do to avoid this and that, etc.
Please tell us about some of the "complex" things that are going on in your mind. If they are difficult to explain in a few words feel free to write out a more detailed explanation.

I'm not a talkative person and might often 'look' rude because I dislike starting conversations with strangers, or if they actually talk to me I'd reply with short, simple answers to end the convo quickly. I don't refer all my classmates as my friends too; I only consider the ones I'm close with and talk daily with as my friends. I do notice I'm quite self-centered, so I'd put my needs above people and that might come off as cruel at certain situations.

Well, I think I often let my thoughts linger in the air and agree with my friends if that prevents conflicts from happening. I dislike sharing my homework, school works, or anything with people, honestly, because I think they need to put effort first and ask for help later. But if my friends ask for them, I'd most likely give them what they need. I'd let my friend eat that last piece of pizza if they want to although I was eyeing on them. Sometimes, I'd feel extra generous and buy my friends drinks or food, and even help to do their homework or class work if they're asking sincerely and nicely.
What is your intent in doing these things for your friends? Also at what point would you consider someone to be a close enough friend so that you would be willing to do these things for them?

List the activities that you would want to engage in, to energize yourself when you are feeling drained.
Make sure that you include the following two activities in your list:
  • Thinking about 'complex' things.
  • Trying to understand and figure out people.
Now order this list of activities starting with the most energizing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are you saying that it drains you if everyone in the group has a different opinion? Would you prefer that everyone had the same opinion? Please explain your answer.
Not at all! I'd feel happy if people have opinions and talk about them with passion, that's something joyful to watch. If I'm talking to, say, 3-4 people and they talk about their opinions, I'd feel just fine and will even be interested to hear more and more. But if there are more than 5 people talking about their opinions here and there, I'd be really lost and just tired. I like listening to people, honestly, I really do. But if it's too much, then it will drain me.

You say that you like your time alone but also feel happy if you get to interact with other people. Are you feeling energized or drained when you decide to go and interact with other people?
Usually, I'm feeling energized when I decide to talk with people. Depends though. When I'm feeling drained, I prefer to be just alone, but if I have to talk to people, then I'll force myself. But after that I'll be drained again and I'll need my time alone, and so it goes.

Please tell us about some of the "complex" things that are going on in your mind. If they are difficult to explain in a few words feel free to write out a more detailed explanation.
Yeah, it's difficult to explain with words. I tend to just feel stuff and can't explain them. But okay, I'll try my best. I'd often think of something, then it doesn't need to take 5 minutes for me to change to another subject. My mind is very rapid and it just changes from one thing to another constantly, that's why I'm good at listening people when they're talking very fast, I guess? I can move from one thought to another, and if I want to, I'd go back to my previous thought, and so on. Sometimes it can get mixed up too, but just sometimes. I can just think about gender equality, then suddenly I'd think about my homework, then I'll think about my blog, then about people, then I think about my life. It can go from one to another rapidly, or I can think about all of that at once. That's pretty weird, but that's how it is. It's very complex, and I can't describe it with words. If I can just touch someone and make them know what I'm thinking, maybe they'll be exhausted because there are just so much things in there.

What is your intent in doing these things for your friends? Also at what point would you consider someone to be a close enough friend so that you would be willing to do these things for them?
I think I just want to make them happy. The look of gratitude and joy in their faces is fulfilling enough for me. I'd consider someone close just if. It just happens? Well, mostly I'd consider someone 'close' to me if I have shared bits of myself to them and trust them with my actual life.

List the activities that you would want to engage in, to energize yourself when you are feeling drained.
Make sure that you include the following two activities in your list:
  • Thinking about 'complex' things.
  • Trying to understand and figure out people.
Now order this list of activities starting with the most energizing.
1. Watching movies/TV shows alone. It makes me feel better in a lot of ways.
2. Browsing through Tumblr and posting new Photoshop edits on my blog.
3. Just alone, in bed, thinking about 'complex' things.
4. Talking to my best friend, trying to figure out things and talk about in-depth topics. Brainstorming, I guess.
5. Searching for new ideas, researching something I'm very interested about. (And try them later).
6. Reading an interesting book.
7. Attempts to write—fictional stories or just about my feelings.

·
Registered
159 Posts
@geekspecs here's my assessment of your type.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?
Seems F.

I'm clearly more to the directing style communication and will do the informing style only when I want to sound polite to certain people, mostly elders.
Seems J.

Another thing is I notice that I don't really know what I'm feeling most of the time until someone points it out or I actually think about it thoroughly. I remembered vividly that one time I was feeling really irritated about someone, but I didn't know I dislike her until something actually happened and I finally realized.
Fi not indicated.

Seems FJ.

Hm, I think I like it when people actually understand me. I know they wouldn't 100% do, because I know I have a very complex mind, but just, understand something about me. I like to have a conversation in which I don't have to pretend and put in extra effort; just easily find the words to say and let them flow as it goes. But mostly I'd love to help people and open their minds to a new sightings. If I do that, I'd feel really accomplished and happy.
Seems NFJ.

It definitely is! I just like to help people with their problems, find who they really are, get them back to their core values and so on. It's honestly my pleasure to help them with their lives in any way I can.
Seems NFJ.

Expert on multiple of things here actually means being skilled on physical activities, for e.g. playing an instrument, sports, etc. People see achievements to define someone, although I disagree with that, that's how the world really is and I can do nothing about that. I'm aware of what I'm good at, but they're not something people always see. I'm smart, and people know that by what I've achieved physically. They don't know that I help some people with these problems, that I get 5k notes on my edits on Tumblr; they just judge by what they see and sometimes we get respect by our achievements. Let's just say I do think about what they're thinking about me and if I'm an expert on multiple of things, they'll respect me more.
Seems FJ.

If I enter a room with people who are deeply, genuinely sad, then I'd feel really sad too without knowing the reason why. I might be scared of something, but if people around me aren't, I wouldn't be that 'scared' anymore. If I hang out with positive people, I'd somehow be an optimistic person, and if I'm hanging out with negative ones, I'd be the worst pessimist ever.
Very FJ.

I just dislike it? I hate it when something's not decided. Well, I do have no idea of what I'm going to be in the future and I know that options are gonna be available along the way. But I can't lie to myself and say that it's all fine, I'm honestly very anxious about what my true ambitions are and what I'm gonna be. I don't like indecisive matters even though I often come across many.
Seems J.

Yeah, totally. I'll let people be themselves and maybe change gradually as they live by.
Seems FJ.

For the sake of learning new things most of the time.
Seems Ne.

Yeah, I do. I like reading people and just to understand them. It's exciting for me and I'd say that's one of my passions.
Seems NF.

I tend to, although sometimes I don't want to. Adapting to people is almost an effective way to prevent conflicts and not hurting their feelings, so that's important for me.
Seems FJ.

Usually, I'm feeling energized when I decide to talk with people. Depends though. When I'm feeling drained, I prefer to be just alone, but if I have to talk to people, then I'll force myself. But after that I'll be drained again and I'll need my time alone, and so it goes.
Seems I.

I think I just want to make them happy. The look of gratitude and joy in their faces is fulfilling enough for me. I'd consider someone close just if. It just happens? Well, mostly I'd consider someone 'close' to me if I have shared bits of myself to them and trust them with my actual life.
Seems FJ.

4. Talking to my best friend, trying to figure out things and talk about in-depth topics. Brainstorming, I guess.
Seems N.

I am typing you as INFJ.

Your opinions and values can be flexible depending on the group. You are also very group oriented in terms of taking care of the feelings of people in the group. Your feelings are also highly influenced by those of the group. So it is very clear that you favour Fe over Fi. You are passionate about understanding people, and you like talking about deep topics. This points towards a preference for N over S.
You are also clearly an introvert even though you are thinking of yourself as an ambivert. When you need to recharge you withdraw and engage in an activity by yourself. Only after you are energized do you come out to interact with other people.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts