Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I feel like I'm a pretty neutral person. I always score pretty low on the percents of each letter on tests, so I think I could go any way at this point.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Accomplishment and happiness! I want to be productive and achieve my goals, but I need to balance that with being happy, because there's no point in something if you can't be truly happy in the long run.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I feel my happiest when I do a good deed for someone and see the way they react. It makes my day to know I can make someone else happy and it makes me really happy when the person also treats me the same way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I feel inferior when people ignore me. I hate the feeling that I'm forgettable and wouldn't be remembered or noticed. I don't need a ton of attention, I just don't like being passed up completely.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I will definitely put my morals first. After that, I try to weigh in the feelings of others, and the overall pros and cons. It depends on the situation, but I like to make people happy, but if that has a severe negative consequence I may have to choose something else, even though it would be hard.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

In group projects, I tend to take the lead. I don't really trust other people with my grades unless I know them well and know they can do a good job. In that case I will relax but I don't mind doing extra work if it means I will be satisfied with the outcome.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I have lots of fun at amusement parks and doing things with my friends. Nothing specific, I just like entertaining rides and being with people who make me laugh.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I do my best to memorize. I'll reread a study guide to remember it, sometimes I'll make pneumonics if I need to. Hands on can help but usually memorizing is my go to method.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Not very. I can organize well, but it usually doesn't stay that way very long. I'm pretty messy!

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I'm pretty skeptical of new ideas, especially if they do not fit my morals. I'd need solid evidence to believe it!

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Probably a little of both to be honest. I like to be sure of myself and be sure of my group. Myself would probably come first because I wouldn't want to feel out of place in a group.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

Think before speaking! I like group conversation for fun talk, but serious talk is always better one on one, but I like fun talk one on one moreson than a group if I really like the person.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I'm a pretty brave person who likes fun activities, but I do like to know what I am doing first. Actions do speak louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'd probably go out and record my show! Unless I didn't like what my friends were doing.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I get grumpy and rude :( working on it lol

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I hate people who are mean. That's like the one thing I hate most. I don't like a lot of people but meanness is something that I definitely hate, no exceptions.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I love personal stories! They're entertaining and you learn more about people.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

This is hard for me to answer! I guess I don't pay much attention to things said that don't have any proof and are ridiculous and weird.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

My friends perceive me as super nice, when I'm not afraid of being blunt if I need to. I don't like doing it to the person's face unless they ask for it, but if asked I can give honest opinions.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

anything! I love being active but I also like doing crafts so it would depend on the day probably.

im not going to post my type I get from quizzes (I get two different ones so) I'd like to see what others think!

i'd also appreciate if you could tell me my preference to each letter. Thanks so much :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Same here.. the FJ part is obvious, and the first Type I could think of while reading your answers is ESFJ

·
Registered
46 Posts
I will back that up, ESFJ all the way :)!
You seem to gain your energy from interaction with your friends -E
you seem to be a very a hands-down type of person, also you care about tradition and are skeptical of new ideeas/ sudden change -S
very attached to your friends and family, you seem to care a lot about their opinion and work for their well-being- F
you seem to like predictabilty, to know what you're expecting-J

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Reactions: downsowf

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
I don't see any Ti.

I see more flashes of Te. Your abhorrence towards new ways of doing things can indicate inferior Ne.

I'm more prone to say ISTJ. I definitely think you process things first internally.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
@myexplodingcat doesn't having the F function "directed in a sociable way" make it Fe?
I clearly see the Fe as the dominant function here, and because of that she is EFJ. And we all agree that she is an S Type, so that's ESFJ. @downsowf you might not clearly see the Ti because it's inferior (since Fe is dominant).

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
@myexplodingcat doesn't having the F function "directed in a sociable way" make it Fe?
Nope, totally different. There's a difference between an introverted person acting extroverted and an extroverted person; there's also a difference between an introverted function being applied often to an extroverted situation and an actual extroverted function.

For instance, I can use my Ti to sit around reading or writing for hours, and putting together my understanding of something in my head. But I can also use my Ne to turn it outward, so I can do things like sit in a restaurant and "logic out" the fact that a guy at the next table over has just swallowed a bunch of ice cream at once because a girl he likes is approaching, giving him an ice cream headache, and then construct a witty comment to share with others at my table. That's Ti put to an extroverted use.

If you couldn't use the introverted functions for extroverted activities by combining them with extroverted functions, that would be very sad, because it would mean that types like INFPs and INTJs would never share their wonderful insights with the rest of us.

My point in saying that it was turned extroverted for the most part was that it must have been combined with a strong extroverted function, and that the Fi was probably secondary (that would make this person's type an Extroverted one).

Of course, you guys may be far more accurate than I am on this one. I'm not good at typing off questionnaires. But do consider other possibilities; sometimes the suggestions of posters before us can affect our own statements more than we realize.

(Oh, Ne... don't you just give us all such a jolly time playing devil's advocate?)

Reactions: Ellis Bell

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I don't see any Ti.

I see more flashes of Te. Your abhorrence towards new ways of doing things can indicate inferior Ne.

I'm more prone to say ISTJ. I definitely think you process things first internally.
Definetly not......

ESFJ....totally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts