Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been taking ENNG more seriously lately. Although i keep bouncing back between a few over the past year, i'm not satisfied. I think i may have read too much information that lead me to believe things that lean more towards stereotypes. I have a hard time expressing my inner world, so the thought of filling out a questionnaire is not simple.

For those of you who have spent time doing lots of research and can make objective sense without including stereotypes, your help would be greatly appreciated. Anything related to stereotypes will be ignored.

I will answer questions to the best of my knowledge if they are related to why you think i may or may not be said type. I know for sure that type 2, 9 are not my core. Everything else is up for debate. I will likely have to find statements using copy and paste in order to express my thoughts with similarities or differences. My goal is to figure this out before end of year. I get lazy in my thoughts about ENNG along with needing to sort it out internally, so please don't be alarmed if i don't respond immediately :) Thanks !!

Reactions: Spades and Einstein

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
I've been taking ENNG more seriously lately. Although i keep bouncing back between a few over the past year, i'm not satisfied. I think i may have read too much information that lead me to believe things that lean more towards stereotypes. I have a hard time expressing my inner world, so the thought of filling out a questionnaire is not simple.

For those of you who have spent time doing lots of research and can make objective sense without including stereotypes, your help would be greatly appreciated. Anything related to stereotypes will be ignored.

I will answer questions to the best of my knowledge if they are related to why you think i may or may not be said type. I know for sure that type 2, 9 are not my core. Everything else is up for debate. I will likely have to find statements using copy and paste in order to express my thoughts with similarities or differences. My goal is to figure this out before end of year. I get lazy in my thoughts about ENNG along with needing to sort it out internally, so please don't be alarmed if i don't respond immediately :) Thanks !!
have you taken the questionnaire? 7w8 Sp/Sx sounds right to me. if I had to guess your other fixes I would say 8w9 and 3w4

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have you taken the questionnaire? 7w8 Sp/Sx sounds right to me. if I had to guess your other fixes I would say 8w9 and 3w4
No, i haven't taken the questionnaire, i find it too overwhelming. I can't decide if i'm too lazy and unmotivated, or because i can't express well enough externally what i want to say. I'm sure about the Sp/sx part, although i'm beginning to see things about 8 that don't sit well with me.

What i will do is compose a list of said 8 qualities that i don't relate with on any level. This will take some time as i have to find all the different readings that left me feeling this way.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
No, i haven't taken the questionnaire, i find it too overwhelming. I can't decide if i'm too lazy and unmotivated, or because i can't express well enough externally what i want to say. I'm sure about the Sp/sx part, although i'm beginning to see things about 8 that don't sit well with me.
does w6 sit well with you? personally, I don't relate a great deal to either adjacent core type personally, you could have a weaker wing. also, perhaps you aren't 8 fixed (come to think of it, I really have no idea what either your heart or gut fix are)

PS: did the description of Sp dom 7 I sent you fit well?

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I think 7w8, 8w9, 3w4, 5w4, 4w5 can all be considered for appearing somewhere in her tri-type. That's about as close as I could say.

To be honest, I think you put up a lot of walls and you're extremely reserved in actually revealing your core self in your forum posts. Nothing wrong with that, just my impression.

incidentally, @Swordsman of Mana, why 3w4 instead of 4w5?

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does w6 sit well with you? personally, I don't relate a great deal to either adjacent core type personally, you could have a weaker wing. also, perhaps you aren't 8 fixed (come to think of it, I really have no idea what either your heart or gut fix are)

PS: did the description of Sp dom 7 I sent you fit well?
Yes, in some aspects it did. The problem with me is i'm very private by nature, so its hard for me to come to a public message board and reveal some of my inner workings. I don't talk about my private life with people i don't know. Is it possible we can start with the things i know about myself and work on that first. Everything else is a bit overwhelming, and also i can relate bits and pieces of many of the ENNG types, so its confusing at best.

I've asked different people about my heart and gut, no one seems to have anything solid on what they think. Am i that hard to figure out ? I suppose i am because i can't even figure myself out, so i don't expect it to be easy for others either.

Reactions: SilentScream

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
4w5 from ocean-moonshine.net

Fours with a Five wing are more withdrawn and, while still predominantly emotional, more likely to be intellectuals who infuse their feelings with ideas.

Healthier Fours, on the other hand, are grounded in an identity much deeper than their currently chosen persona or their shifting emotional states. Healthy Fours retain their emotional sensitivity and receptivity without experiencing either as a source of pain and wounding. Having learned self-acceptance, they are capable of experiencing a sort of happiness that embraces both the light and dark sides of life. Their happiness is thus devoid of the grasping after pleasure that characterizes so much that goes by that name. It has a fullness and depth to it that is the deepest and truest source of creativity.
It has always been the task of enneatype Four to confront the complexities of the emotional life, and it is very often Fours who retrieve for us much that would prefer to stay comfortably hidden from consciousness, much that is dark and unsavory, much that is disturbing and unsettling. But, when healthy, Fours show us our happiness too.
Fours tend to inhabit their emotional states, making them often seem somewhat moody or temperamental. This emotionality feeds the identity issues which are at the core of enneatype Four. As Fours introspect, looking for who they “really are,” they encounter a constantly shifting play of emotional states emanating from a wellspring which seems to have an infinite depth. There seems to be no ground, no center for the Four to hold onto. The “true self” cannot be found, so the Four shifts focus to the level of presentation and persona.
Some Fours act out their emotional states in episodes of high drama, while others are more likely to withdraw, but as those in the Four’s life are frequently unaware of the inner chain of connections which has given rise to the Four’s current emotional state, there tends to be an unpredictable quality to intimate relations with Fours. Fours are often in search of the perfect lover, someone who will rescue them from their self-absorption, but as they have high expectations of lovers, suffer from a sense of shame, and easily feel misunderstood, love relationships seldom progress smoothly. On the high side, they are highly sensitive to the emotional states of those they love, are non-judgmental (of everything except bad taste) and are unafraid of looking at the dark side of human nature. They can therefore be highly supportive of friends and lovers.
Fours are primarily emotional by nature, and of all the types, probably have the most complex palette of emotional states. While Fours are not blind to the "facts" and the supposed "objective" state of affairs, they tend to interpret reality at least as much in terms of its symbolic content and emotional resonance. John Keats, a Four, expressed this well when he stated: “I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart’s affections and the truth of the imagination.” Fours are thus emotionally attuned to meaning, and this attention to meaning sometimes gives Fours access to a dimension of reality that others miss.
To be sure, Fours compensate for their feelings of inferiority with an equally strong sense of superiority. Fours tend to feel a sense of disdain for whatever is ordinary and for the “common” sorts of lives with which most people seem to content themselves. They tend to feel that their outsider status, their sense of style and their heightened sense of self-consciousness, confer on them a stamp of genuineness and “class.” Thus a feeling of being a member of the “true aristocracy” alternates with deep feelings of shame, and fears of being somehow deeply flawed or defective.

The Four’s inner landscape is thus complex, and their issues surrounding identity fraught with frustrations. There is even an enervating quality to the whole psychic drama, which, along with the Four’s emotional sensitivity, contributes to the Four’s characteristic need to withdraw. When Fours withdraw, they immerse themselves in their own mental landscapes where they are free to cultivate and analyze their feelings. In the realm of fantasy, Fours are not constrained by the mundane considerations which are the plague of everyday life; the inner life can thus become more real than the outer.

Reactions: MuChApArAdOx

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Yes, in some aspects it did. The problem with me is i'm very private by nature, so its hard for me to come to a public message board and reveal some of my inner workings. I don't talk about my private life with people i don't know. Is it possible we can start with the things i know about myself and work on that first. Everything else is a bit overwhelming, and also i can relate bits and pieces of many of the ENNG types, so its confusing at best.

I've asked different people about my heart and gut, no one seems to have anything solid on what they think. Am i that hard to figure out ? I suppose i am because i can't even figure myself out, so i don't expect it to be easy for others either.
she's more go get'em and action oriented and achievement seems to be important to her. she could have a 4w5 fix, but I haven't seen anything 4-ish about her as of yet

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
that's typical of Sp/Sx, and of FPs, but to be honest, it's kind of a problem. I definitely don't want to pressure you into revealing anything you're uncomfortable with, but enneagram goes down to your behavioral base code and, frankly, will probably bring up many of the aspects about yourself that you are more uncomfortable/ashamed of. it can be a painful process

you probably have a weaker heart fix (like me)

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
she's more go get'em and action oriented and achievement seems to be important to her. she could have a 4w5 fix, but I haven't seen anything 4-ish about her as of yet
Yes i am action oriented with achievement when it comes to work. My success and accomplishments are important in that regard, although doesn't everyone like to accomplish success with employment ? Is this type related ? I do relate with both 4 and 5 . You may see more of that as this thread goes on. Speaking of work, i have a 12 hour shift starting in about 2 hours, i must get ready. Thanks for all your input and please don't hesitate to ask the tough questions.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Yes i am action oriented with achievement when it comes to work. My success and accomplishments are important in that regard, although doesn't everyone like to accomplish success with employment ? Is this type related ? I do relate with both 4 and 5 . You may see more of that as this thread goes on. Speaking of work, i have a 12 hour shift starting in about 2 hours, i must get ready. Thanks for all your input and please don't hesitate to ask the tough questions.
how do you relate to type 4? (aside from "I like being unique" you're an ENFP and likely a 7, that's a given lol)

Reactions: Spades

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how do you relate to type 4? (aside from "I like being unique" you're an ENFP and likely a 7, that's a given lol)
O.k...it wasn't easy for me to come to terms with my core, but i have finally come to a solid conclusion. I'm a 6w7. Although i did relate with 7 in many aspects, there were just as many i didn't relate with at the core. I relate with 6 so much better. I still haven't figured out the rest, i'm in no hurry. I'm sure i have a 4,5,1,3 in my tritpye somewhere, i just need to do some deep digging before making a final decision. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
could you elaborate? I really don't see any 6 in her
What is it about 6 you don't relate with ? I'm open to everything here as the more i read, especially on this forum, the more i still question. Am i insecure, no. Am i confident, yes. This word self doubt doesn't describe me either. I don't doubt my abilities. I can't remember a day at work i've ever felt anxiety, yes even under lots of pressure. Do i have trust issues, you bet. Are these issues related to being a 6, i don't know. Do i question the motives of people around me, constantly. Am i quick to make judgement, yes for sure. Are some of these things related to being an ENFP, likely.

This is how i see anxiety/fear for myself

If i was to text X, 30 minutes has passed with no response. I get anxious, i may create things in my mind that may lead to other thoughts / negative. If i was at a restaurant and my meal still wasn't coming after 30 mins, everyone else isn't bothered by that, i am. I get restless, anxious, it leads to negative thoughts- did they forget we were here and so on. All this anxiety is over small things, petty things, things that most times mean nothing at the end of the day. I feel when i get fixated on something, the worse it gets. When i say fixated i mean with things i have no control over. Now don't get me wrong, i despise control of any kind, whether that be coming or going. Control as in circumstances, not people. Does this describe a 6 ? I',m new to this process, so i don't know.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Sixes - the enneagram ...info from the underground

This is pretty much my favorite 6 article. It doesn't focus so much on 6s as an "insecure" person, but as a person who is seeking security. I see those two things as very different.

You can want security without being "insecure."

This part especially:

Sixes are essentially thinking types and tend to utilize their minds in their attempt to find a solid foundation. Sixes are looking for something in which to believe or someone in whom they can place their trust. At a level which barely reaches consciousness, Sixes feel that if they can find "one sure thing," they can quiet their restlessness, and achieve some semblance of much needed "peace of mind." This desire for some solidity, combined with their general suspiciousness, gives rise to a complicated relationship to those they view as authorities. The side of the Six which is looking for something to believe in, is often very susceptible to the temptation to turn authority over to an external source, whether it be in the form of an individual or a creed. But the Six's tendency towards distrust and suspicion works against any sort of faith in authority and often even presents as anti-authoritarianism. Thus, two opposite pulls exist side by side in the personality of enneatype Six, and will assume different proportions in different individuals, frequently alternating in the same individual.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts