Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

- I've been forced by my parents to live against my will. Some examples are I hate school but have to study a lot, I'm good at art/languages but have to be good math/physics but couldn't, I hate working 9-5 or working at all... This causes me to hurt my self and feeling lonely/depressed. Now I'm a 27 male and free of my parents but I feel empty all the time and in everything I do (except for games and friends). I want to have motivation/passion for something but can't find. I tend to stay up late, being lazy and loafing around currently.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Sunset from heaven! by karin de bruin, on Flickr

- I've always like the sky, sun and yellow, I took a lot of sky photos by myself also. I also like colors and the light lines in this one. It feels peaceful and I want to be immersed in it (like siting somewhere watching it or perhaps sky-diving).

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

- Well first of all, I don't think this will happen because I don't have any favourite band/artist/musician, I just listen to songs I like. And I wouldn't go with a group of people (too many) to such events since hardly any person can make me go a long way (in an idol way).

To answer the question, it is annoying to have problems but I won't let them affect me. I will try to find out the reason and the solution (I'm good at this). But I would only do this if no can take care of this problems (I mean if all of them are idiots or clueless or getting worry). Initially I would just remain still and relax, perhaps taking a nap if this is taking too long. I may get irritated if it is getting really long or I am physically uncomfortable.

If it is the case of some dangerous roads where thieves/gangsters may show up, I will be really aware of the surrounding (another thing I'm good at) but still let others solve the problems. I don't like being in this mode though.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

- The concert is tiring and useless for me already, in fact, I wouldn't go there at all. So is the party, I definitely won't go, if time is allowed and I can find comfortable place for me to be then he can go (no drinking as promised). But if not I will just inform him once, if he still want to go I will find a way to go home alone or at least a place to rest.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

- Well my close friends would not do so because I choose them carefully. With just normal friends, I don't care, if the clash is huge or important I won't be friend with them anymore (I don't like to argue, they are just wrong or stupid). Otherwise I just chill and would not join the conversations.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

- I will weigh it, if it is the small % of happening then my beliefs are still true. If it is obviously true then a lesson learnt for me, I will adjust or change my beliefs. But I think I will just keep it inside my head and I know that that can happen in 2 or more ways, help me next time when I have to deal with something similar.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

- This is hard for me to tell since my decisions are mostly bases on the circumstances at that time. But I do value justice and equity, hate fake and fraud or being selfish. I think they are inborn since I can't remember anything affect me to have such values. I don't know if they can be changed, perhaps by extreme emotions since I did do stupid and crazy things when emotions get the better of me.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

- a) I'm 27 and I don't care about job/career or even a family :laughing:. I am earning money and know how to earn it but I don't have a feel with the job/career thing. Perhaps because I am lazy and have no motivation/passion but for me money is just a tool that serve my life. I will choose a job that I like but require the least amount of work :eek:h:. For family also, I want a lover but not a family, not even kids though, I still haven't enjoyed my life fully.

Perhaps lazy or relaxing too much is my strange thing. I don't like to work up for anything, it is tiring. But if I have to I can do things really good with the least amount of time. I had 3 bachelor degrees: Law, Business Management and Communication within 5 years (double universities) with the average of 3.0 GPA. And the thing is I didn't come to class at all, I just comprehend the subjects fast and know what to do/answer to get high scores.

This affects people as well, I am able to help my friends with whatever troubles they are having, I can point out shortcuts and the most necessary ways for them. There are about 3 friends who are willing to give me money, which mean I don't have to work if I want to. I don't know what I have done for them to do this but I did help them a lot in everything.

- b) May be I will learn how to make relationships. The best friends I have now are SFP or NFP ones and they are simply tolerating me. Others come to me since I can help them a lot and I give a lot of useful advices. In the past, I have 'fired' about 25 friends just because they crossed me and I have never had a proper lover, just some dating and arguing and gone. I should have been more sentimental/forgiving/understanding/sympathizing to them I guess.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

- I don't know anything about them, perhaps they've never been triggered or I just ignored them all. Can someone describe them in a practical ways, that will help me understand easier :proud:? May be when I see someone and I can tell them evil or not? But I think it is because of their face that I can do that, I don't know about this.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

- a) Hardly, I get lazy even while having sex :laughing:, I will just let the other person do the works. Well, the idea of having a brand new day when you wake up early is energizing or maybe if I have a date with someone I like. I do a lot of activities: badminton, swimming, playing games, hanging out, people watching...but I don't think I exhibit any kind of enthusiasm while doing them. Need a lot more thinking but for now I can only think of this.

- b) Studying, reading, watching movies, discussing, group-activities... Well I literally get sick if I have to use my mind in a long time or staying still too long. And group-activities to me seems fake, there will never be agreements between 10, 20 or more people, that is what I believe.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

- This is a very nice question. I mostly have to act like I care or interest in the things others talk or do. I can hardly find any topic or activities interesting. My best friend notices that the quotes I say the most are: "Boring!", "I don't care!", "So what does it has to do with me?".

I also have to hide my poker face, like fake a smile or raise an eyebrow to show that I care. People tend to get offended by that so much, either getting sad or getting angry, I'm just not interest but I am still here, if I hate you I would have gone far away.

When I get bored by that way I tend to look around, try to find something/someone that catches my mind, but still have to pretend I'm listening.

Well, thanks for reading this long post and thanks for helping me, I hope I can find out what type am I soon!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank guys so much for your reply.

I know I am an ISxx but that is all. Could there be any clear signs I'm not an F (ISFP, ISFJ)? I also do value efficiency and usually point out what and why people are doing wrong. Although I am lazy I still want people to do things correctly and sometimes, I am strict in following the appropriate social etiquette. Can these traits be a J type? Perhaps because of my family, I am a repressed ISTJ, ISFJ? I don't have much knowledge in this field so please feel free to elaborate, I really appreciate it :kitteh:.

And thanks for reading and helping me!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
To answer the question, it is annoying to have problems but I won't let them affect me. I will try to find out the reason and the solution (I'm good at this).
Ti. Maintains a detached and deconstructionist approach to life, constantly trying to work out how variables interact to affect the overall function or purpose of a system. Driven to competently solve problems by flexibly and logically coordinating behaviors with immediate circumstances.

I do a lot of activities: badminton, swimming, playing games, hanging out, people watching...but I don't think I exhibit any kind of enthusiasm while doing them.
Se. Healthy Se can also enhance the ability to master complex physical skills or systems by making Ti more adaptable to how variables shift from moment to moment and actively preventing problems that affect the people involved.

I mostly have to act like I care or interest in the things others talk or do. I can hardly find any topic or activities interesting. My best friend notices that the quotes I say the most are: "Boring!", "I don't care!", "So what does it has to do with me?". I also have to hide my poker face, like fake a smile or raise an eyebrow to show that I care. People tend to get offended by that so much, either getting sad or getting angry, I'm just not interest but I am still here, if I hate you I would have gone far away.
Slightly unhealthy Ti-Fe imbalance, but you are utilizing Fe when you fake emotions and interest.

I'm 27 and I don't care about job/career or even a family.
Ti will continually feel threatened by the Fe perspective because Fe has the potential to disrupt or shatter one’s ego-image. Fe is focused on maintaining relationships and social harmony through voluntary adoption of collective social values and mutual obligations. But Ti tends to misinterpret Fe as being restrictive, weak, overdependent, incompetent, or even brainwashed into following the crowd.

How Functions Work: Dominant Ti (ISTP/INTP) - Type Theory
How Functions Work: Auxiliary Se (ISTP/ISFP) - Type Theory
How Functions Work: Inferior Fe (ISTP/INTP) - Type Theory

I know you hate reading/studying, but just in case.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Thank guys so much for your reply.

I know I am an ISxx but that is all. Could there be any clear signs I'm not an F (ISFP, ISFJ)? I also do value efficiency and usually point out what and why people are doing wrong. Although I am lazy I still want people to do things correctly and sometimes, I am strict in following the appropriate social etiquette. Can these traits be a J type? Perhaps because of my family, I am a repressed ISTJ, ISFJ? I don't have much knowledge in this field so please feel free to elaborate, I really appreciate it :kitteh:.

And thanks for reading and helping me!
It's possible you're ISTJ. But that all depends on you using introverted sensing as your dominant function, which I doubt based off of your answers. In other words, memory, "how it's always been", "if it ain't broke don't fix it", routine, tradition.

focus: internal/bodily sensation of concrete facts and details
categorizes and stores data based on personal relevance cultivated through reconciling new sense impressions with past ones
maintains a gradual and accumulative approach to life, carefully filtering and adapting data to construct a personalized repository of knowledge
values a careful, methodical, consistent approach to everything (often inadvertently becomes an expert through personal commitment to incremental learning)
driven to seek out familiarity, stability, consistency, security, rituals
makes decisions based on personal priorities, passions, commitments

defines true knowledge in terms of understanding how past events have influenced the meaning of the present knows that respecting prior knowledge: 1) provides a valuable sense of continuity and perseverance for individuals and society, 2) makes progress and solves problems by learning well from historical mistakes and successes, 3) firmly anchors the self by imbuing personal goals, activities, and interests with purpose and meaning, 4) reduces conflict through utilizing well-established methods that provide corrective or reliable support to others/society

I doubt you being an ISFJ.

follows the rules, polite, fears drawing attention to self, dislikes competition, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, timid, dutiful, private, lower energy, finisher, organized, socially uncomfortable, modest, not confrontational, easily hurt, observer, prone to crying, not spontaneous, does not appreciate strangeness - intolerant to differences, apprehensive, clean, planner, prone to confusion, afraid of many things, responsible, guarded, avoidant, anxious, cautious, suspicious, more interested in relationships and family than intellectual pursuits, not adventurous, fears doing the wrong thing, dislikes change

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@UberY0shi: wow, thank you for such thorough answer, I couldn't ask for more! Well I read the first link (Ti) and agree with a lot of it, the second one I get a bit confused with ISFP since many lines are the same. And I gave up at the last link...too many. The thing is what they are saying are too abstract, I can't relate to or think of any actions in real life to understand them. I can easily relate to these:

- "defines social relationships in terms of “workability” (experimenting with the impact of behaviors to figure out the best actions)".
- "interprets social relationships in terms of actions that show a willingness to invest time, care, and effort".

But not this:

- "focus: how variables move and imply a larger system" - I mean I understand what it is saying but I don't know which actions of mine actually represent it and I'm kinda lazy to imagine or try hard with my mind (or just can't). Guess I'm helpless with this part :confused:.

The same thing happens for the ISTJ part, I don't know if I "categorizes and stores data based on personal relevance" but I do notice "new sense impressions with past ones". In general, I don't relate to ISTJ pretty much, I don't solve problems by studying from the past or being consistency/methodical. There was a friend who gives a pretty true description of my problem-solving skill: I was able to find the key in any situations/problems very fast, the key to the core of it which simplifies it and thus, able to solve it easily. Others people don't know how to get to the key, some will try hard and some can't even touch it. Sometimes it is the backdoor-key because I do inappropriate things to finish or solve the matter, it involves violate some (minor) laws/rules and manipulate people, it is just another short route that I manage to find that causes no harm to others but benefits me a lot.

I can't be anymore thankful to you but practical examples would be easier on me :kitteh:. But I'll take all and digest them gradually, don't worry!
@Birbsofafeather: Hi, thank you reading and helping me, I'm very curious now about that 2 choices :tongue:. Well firstly, "fired" here is when I know that continuing the relationship would bring only negative results/feelings so I stop or leave it without consider the other one (I learn this just recently and it may be a bad thing for relationships, haven't decided yet). And here are the reasons that I can remember:

- A 10-years long close friend back-stabbed me 4 times. I left him each time but I always crawl back (idiot me) and left for good at the 4th.
- There was a group who insist (kinda demanding) in giving money for a guy who lost his camera by himself because he is a friend and he is sad... I found this one very funny though.
- Some prioritizes work - I think I would never agree with these people, they are sacrificing their health, relationships and themselves by turning into sheeps, or robots.
- Some prioritizes their relationship, it is always family = lover > friend. I can seriously slap these if I meet them again.
- Some get involve in work/family and stuck there. I think of them as losers, they can't quit their job and they are stuck forever with their kids as such young ages (I know this is bad but I just want to tell you my thought). And obviously I don't stick with them anymore because they will only need me to vent or all the things they will be saying are about their jobs and kids (ew!).
- Some just uses me, I help them with everything, mostly in giving advice, solving problems and figuring out their ways. And they only need me for that, they have other friends who they want to hang out more. I will slap these guys too!
- Some female friends who unexpectedly have feelings for me, I feel kinda scared about these ones so I ran.
- Some are just too much for an idiot: too sensitive to live or can't do anything well for once. I helped them but I am not a supporter who can withstand them for a long time and it tires me a lot.
- Some are just cruel/bad.
- Some are hedonistic. They do everything they please and seek me when problems arises. There is a guy who won't test for HIV despite his huge number of 'lovers'. I have to test myself after eating together with him :bored: (kinda paranoid).
- Some who stuck with their life, too many examples to list here. But mostly I feel like their life is over and I still want to live!
- Some demands emotions from me, like actually want me to be soft and sentimental. Come on, I care and help them more than their parents or anyone does but they want hugs, a sympathizing ear/shoulder... that is a big no.

Ok I think that is all I can remember since when I leave them, that is for good I don't tend to remember anything about them. And I tend to have new friends fast which makes me feel happy and ok again. But still, having "fired" 25 makes me tired of people, I kinda scared and don't want to make anymore friends now. My only best friend who stick with me for 8 years now is a ISFP/INFP, I know he is accepting many of my faults and I didn't treat him really well in term of feelings but I really appreciate and need him (hate to admit this - I question this all the time).

Well thank for helping me, I also able to let out a lot :kitteh:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts