Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, you might remember me from around a month ago. I asked you to type me, but unfortunately im still in confusion and I need your help again. Could you please ask me some questions or evaluate me in a way you do, so I can finally find my type out. I know cognitive functions but I still can not be sure of my type. I keep asking myself if I'm sure. Maybe I'm wrong I ask this over and over again.

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
Hi everyone, you might remember me from around a month ago. I asked you to type me, but unfortunately im still in confusion and I need your help again. Could you please ask me some questions or evaluate me in a way you do, so I can finally find my type out. I know cognitive functions but I still can not be sure of my type. I keep asking myself if I'm sure. Maybe I'm wrong I ask this over and over again.
I’m happy to try. If I find something that I’m quite certain about then I will let you know. If it seems in-between or Im not sure then I will also let you know.

Would you say you review the past and it replays when you’re reviewing it? Very often? Sometimes? You hate it when your brain does that? Or not really?

When you think of the future, is it more like a straight path or like many possible different paths?

Is it easy to experience the present just how it is? Sometimes? Or is it very hard? Or of course you experience the present?

What kind of dialogue is going on in your brain? Sometimes silence? Never silence and how could it possibly ever be silent? Do you have layers of thoughts when you try to still your brain? Thoughts rise up under the thoughts? Or does that sound just bizarre? Is there one clear voice going on? Or dialogue is not really happening? More like symbols and thoughts before they are thoughts?

Do your feelings belong to you? Do your interests belong to you? Which one are you more protective of? Which one feels like “yours”. Or do they both feel like yours? Which one is easier to share with others? What kind of things do you get excited about and want to share? What about your thoughts? Do you feel protective of your thoughts? Do you closely control your feelings around others or would controlling feelings with others be unnecessary? Or would it be difficult? Difficult to a point of being fake?

If you don’t mind... I think I’d like to ask everyone these things.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m happy to try. If I find something that I’m quite certain about then I will let you know. If it seems in-between or Im not sure then I will also let you know.

Would you say you review the past and it replays when you’re reviewing it? Very often? Sometimes? You hate it when your brain does that? Or not really?

When you think of the future, is it more like a straight path or like many possible different paths?

Is it easy to experience the present just how it is? Sometimes? Or is it very hard? Or of course you experience the present?

What kind of dialogue is going on in your brain? Sometimes silence? Never silence and how could it possibly ever be silent? Do you have layers of thoughts when you try to still your brain? Thoughts rise up under the thoughts? Or does that sound just bizarre? Is there one clear voice going on? Or dialogue is not really happening? More like symbols and thoughts before they are thoughts?

Do your feelings belong to you? Do your interests belong to you? Which one are you more protective of? Which one feels like “yours”. Or do they both feel like yours? Which one is easier to share with others? What kind of things do you get excited about and want to share? What about your thoughts? Do you feel protective of your thoughts? Do you closely control your feelings around others or would controlling feelings with others be unnecessary? Or would it be difficult? Difficult to a point of being fake?

If you don’t mind... I think I’d like to ask everyone these things.[/QUOT]

I do review the past in a form of analysing conversations, social interactions, I'm always looking for the ways to impove.

When I think about the future I would say it's more of a straight path. For example I decided that I was going to be an economist since a very young age and got into uni but later dropped out because I didn't want to do the job I was thinking about.

I'm always in my head and I would say I miss the present quite often but when it comes to arguments I think I look at what is.

I have a world with characters in my head so when I think about something it's like a debate between them. I would say it's never silent I'm always thinking about something.

That's an interesting question because I've had a friend who is always follow. I'd be interested in the things they were interested in . And they would change interests very often and I remember I would get frustrated because of that.
I'm not that protective of my thoughts and feelings unless they'd hurt someone or ruin the atmosphere. And if my anxiety issues aren't getting in the way.

I also answered some questions here, I would appreciate if you checked those out as well.

https://www.personalitycafe.com/#/topics/1330169

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

If you don’t mind... I think I’d like to ask everyone these things.
It's so confusing I've been typed as intj, infp, intp, esfj, infj also almost istj im so confused.

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
It's so confusing I've been typed as intj, infp, intp, esfj, infj also almost istj im so confused.
That line where you said you followed a friend’s interests and when they changed them often it was frustrating to you., that says a lot to a ExxP like me. Count all ExxP personalities out. Let’s talk a bit more about the future and the past. Can you tell me more about your memory. Would you say your brain spends more time in the future or the past?

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
The link didn’t work, by the way. I’m very willing to read it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are very hard to type. I've read all your answers, but honestly, you could still be any type.

Let's try a different approach. Childhood!
What did you value as a child? How did you like to spend your time and why? How did others describe you?
I don't remember myself that well as a child. I almost always ask around how I was as a child, because what I remember is very little. If I answer the first question I might project my current views and values onto my child self.
Wikipedia defines child as a human being below the age of 18 years. I would say I remember my teen years(ages 13-18), but below that(below 13) it's pretty foggy. I can tell you how others describe me as a child. When I asked my family they said I was a perfect child(whatever that means) up until my teenage years. I was very active(I was good at sports I was phisically well rounded, my reactions were good), I was communicative(I would lead the other children, I would manage things and so on), I was brave, understanding and grateful(there's a whole story behind this. In short a person who was in a financially bad situation gave me a very basic present and I said thank you to her that's what I wanted. No one told me to say that but I did). I was very responsible. Was very honest and would vocalise if I saw injustice. I wouldn't do things which I didn't like. Was very observant, curious, competitive and humble.

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
I don't remember myself that well as a child. I almost always ask around how I was as a child, because what I remember is very little. If I answer the first question I might project my current views and values onto my child self.
Wikipedia defines child as a human being below the age of 18 years. I would say I remember my teen years(ages 13-18), but below that(below 13) it's pretty foggy. I can tell you how others describe me as a child. When I asked my family they said I was a perfect child(whatever that means) up until my teenage years. I was very active(I was good at sports I was phisically well rounded, my reactions were good), I was communicative(I would lead the other children, I would manage things and so on), I was brave, understanding and grateful(there's a whole story behind this. In short a person who was in a financially bad situation gave me a very basic present and I said thank you to her that's what I wanted. No one told me to say that but I did). I was very responsible. Was very honest and would vocalise if I saw injustice. I wouldn't do things which I didn't like. Was very observant, curious, competitive and humble.
I see. I think that might rule out INFP and INTP. While those two for sure are awesome leaders, it's definately a skill that will need them A LOT of work and overcoming anxieties to do. It's not natural for them to lead and also not really that natural for them to be active and communicative, at least in comparison to other children. To an adult of course nearly every child will seem active.
That leaves us with INTJ, ISTJ, ESFJ and and INFJ from those types you have been typed with. Did you also get told any negative things about you as a child or just positive?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see. I think that might rule out INFP and INTP. While those two for sure are awesome leaders, it's definately a skill that will need them A LOT of work and overcoming anxieties to do. It's not natural for them to lead and also not really that natural for them to be active and communicative, at least in comparison to other children. To an adult of course nearly every child will seem active.
That leaves us with INTJ, ISTJ, ESFJ and and INFJ from those types you have been typed with. Did you also get told any negative things about you as a child or just positive?
Mostly positive. As I've already mentioned my parents called me a perfect child.

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
@mmmargo. I think I’ve only heard “I was a perfect child” from INFJs and usually that is the exact phrase used about their childhood by the INFJs who I know. It’s actually a very striking phrase that shows a completely different world view from that of NFP. I don’t think INFPs would ever say it. Maybe ExxJs and IxxJs would say it? There aren’t enough EXxJs around here for me to actually make an observation on whether that phrase could be used by an ENFJ or not.

Any time I’ve heard an INFJ say that phrase... it’s so striking... so completely out of my world view and also almost scary? I’m wondering what the heck does “a perfect child” even mean? Perfect to those particular parents? Didn’t even poop their diaper if the parents didn’t feel like charging a diaper? Were the parents also perfect? Never any problems or annoyance? Never a hint of differences in needs or opinions?

It shows such a completely different world view, that phrase. I really do like to take a lot longer with typing. It’s not just about what box you belong to. Usually I wait until someone says something that really really sets them apart for just that type. You have said plenty that rules out INFP by this point. Even without that phrase but just from the lack of specific memories from those earlier years it hints that you likely don’t have SI or Fi.

I still think you would still have to rule out the other Ni-Se axis ExxJs and IxxJs. After all the functions for INFJ and INFP are very different, so it’s very worthwhile to look at the other closer types to INFJ.

If you know for sure that you are introverted despite leadership stuff that you mentioned then I’d look at INFJ or INTJ. If you think it’s possible others might describe you as extroverted then I’d look at ENFJ too.

Reactions: mushr00m
1 - 13 of 13 Posts