Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not entirely sure what to talk about here. I haven't been on this account in so long. I had an amazing relationship with my ESFP for a grand total of around 2 weeks. We had gotten really really close at an group event / outing and we were really just good friends. But then I went ahead and told him I was beginning to get feelings for him. He was obviously the opposite of me, but I truly felt that I loved him. That didn't come from the two weeks of us dating, it was everything that led up to it. And everything that came crashing down after. We went to a camping event together for a week, nothing happened, just a lot of fun memories were made. But we had a six hour bus ride back together. We sat together and talked, it's all so personal I can't describe it as much as I want to here. Please just take my word he wanted to know me so badly and he listened to me. In his own way he loved me and I still love him so much. It's been 7 weeks as of tomorrow that this horrible ordeal began and I still am struggling to let him go. When we broke up, it was forced. Neither of us had wanted to at the time but he was getting pressure from his mother who hadn't yet met me and didn't approve of me for lord knows what reason. She felt I was going to somehow take advantage of him, pinning her own youth faults on me saying I would do the same to him. I didn't know any of that until recently. I just remember not hearing from him for a day, no fights no nothing, in fact hearing nothing but love and good things from his side, then the next day getting a very long break up text. Not even a call. A text. He then proceeded to block me off his phone and skype. Very dramatic I must say, I hadn't heard from him in 5 weeks. Then our mutual friends really started to get into the situation, calling and texting him about what was going on. He insisted it was just his mother keeping him, but. He can't be man enough to tell her it's not her decision. I know I'm all over here with this post, but I recently spoke with him both on a call and text within the past two weeks, he suddenly insists that he never loved me (which back before this happened I would've swore on my life wasn't true.) We had the most beautiful relationship while it lasted. But the whole time we were apart I was still loving him, we talked about waiting, but then when I came back he only broke my heart more. I know the sterotype for ESFPs is that they always bounce from one relationship to another, and I didn't want to believe it but I showed him a peice of an article and he said "yeah that sums it up" when it talked about no matter how much they say they love you or are dedicated to you if they don't feel the same in a week they have no problem seriously considering cutting things off. This is not how the man I loved acted, I'm just so confused and heartbroken. He insisted once he fixed things with his mom we could be good friends again but then every time anyone talks to him about it he says he's too scared to talk to her. It shouldn't even matter. He should be able to stand up for those he cares for. I'm still in painful love, but I see now not only will he probably never fix things, he probably will never love me again either. I asked him if the feelings ever came back (since I have a big suspicion that part of his loss of interest was the lack of being together as he recently moved about an hours drive away). but I asked him if the feelings ever came back if he would tell me and if he would consider trying again, (although he's doing nothing to try to fix the relationship and only running from it.) He said in a few years if it did come back he doesn't think he would deny me, but not to get my hopes on that because he doesn't believe it will happen. I'm just heartbroken and I don't know what to do. We had become so close before the actual relationship that when we finally started dating we already were talking about a future together, I know that's crazy but. I truly thought I was going to marry him. Now I just don't know what to do. I feel so betrayed. I can't say all of what happened for privacey reasons but the friends involved here are very very involved and honestly all of us feel incredibly betrayed by him. He'd rather pretend everything is fine and none of us exist than deal with the problems he's caused. We're all heart broken. I feel like I'm going out of my mind. I don't at all want to give him up. I don't feel like I've ever truly been in love before this. But he is being such a coward and he knows it, he's told me so himself more than once. All he does is run from his problems and while he owns up to that fact he has done very very little to actually fix it. He told me he wasn't going to talk to me again until he actually does fix it, which he said he would try to this week. We last talked sunday night, so. I'm really worried. Yesterday he told a friend he hadn't yet and I assume he won't tonight as his mom was in a bad mood and had to deal with stuff tonight. (If you can't tell he's a mamas boy and doesn't want her disapproval). I don't really harbor any ill feelings towards his mother, as I see this more of an issue from him. But I just don't know what to do. Sorry for all my rambling. I just want so badly for this to work. But I know I probably have to let him go. I just feel like I can't this is so hard. Please if you have any thoughts or advice let me know. Sorry again for all my rambling. I'm honestly just scared at this point and I feel so alone.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts