Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I think I've thought about and taken too many type indicator tests... And frankly i don't trust myself to answer what I really am and not what I want to be. But please read this and tell me what you think of it!! Thank you a lot :) I'm going to answer these so freakin honestly.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Nope not really a stressful time, mental illness etc. I'm a girl and I'm 16 in 4 days. My state of mind is good, i feel pretty good and awake, figure it's a good time to do this.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ireena_1/9440131050/in/explore-2013-08-0
My First impression of this picture was it was beautiful, and I wanted to be there. It looks it's fall, and that's my favorite season. So it kinda popped out at me and I like it!! I would love to go there and walk in it haha

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
My initial thoughts would be a little panicky and sad. My outward reactions would be I would probably stay calm and start thinking of ways to get there anyways, if I run out of ideas, I would be quite sad but not mad or anything... Then I guess I'd try to figure out a way home or a way anywhere. And I'd probably be the one comforting my other friends.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I would probably want to go in a way, but not go in a way because I know there will be drinking and stuff. But i'd probably go because it does sound kinda fun. If we got there and it was a really crazy party, I would probably insist we leave. But I would at least want to go check it out.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Well, if it's nothing that's just outright wrong or cruel, then I would outwardly say that's their opinion, but also share mine. My inward reaction would probably be just about the same. But if it was something that strongly clashed with my beliefs, I would probably argue my point more.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Oh, I would say something. Like bullying? If I saw that, I would most definitely do something about it. If I really think it's necessary and I think strongly about it. I never want to wrongly accuse someone, or assume something before knowing all the facts, that really is something I try not to do.. But, if I know I'm right, I'll would speak up to someone and do something about it.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Honesty. I really value honesty, and being real, and not being secretive about who you are. I guess I determine that by experiencing people being dishonest, so I try harder myself not to be. Another is giving everyone a fair chance, not judging anyone. I value second chances. I hate talking bad about people. They can't really change I guess

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I would like to say that I'm genuine. I totally and sincerely don't judge people, I have many different friends. I hate it when someone looks left out. I'm very honest, I've been told that makes me different. I guess I don't sugar coat things. My friends come to me with their problems, I take them as they are and don't try to make their situation sound better than it is, i just try to help them through it. If I could change one thing... Well I can be stubborn sometimes, i annoy myself actually when I do that.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
My hutches and gut feelings are very accurate most of the time. They are most triggered when I predict what I person will do, or react to something. Or like I know something bad is going to happen, sometimes I get those feelings and they sometimes are right. I usually don't do much about it, i mean, what is there I could really do

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a)hanging out with my friends gives me energy (not like days of my friends, but for a little while it does) sometimes reading. going out, like to a movie or eating. cooking.
b)being alone for a long time. sometimes being on the computer drains my energy. I can only do it for a little while, not like hours on end. boring meetings and things like that.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Umm, hard time answering this one. I don't really repress a lot.

Ok, I kind of got tired towards the end of this so I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense or it doesn't help type me, but thanks for reading and trying. I usually test as an ENFJ but have also got ENFP and even INFJ... and what about me as a sensing type? just tell me what you think!! :proud:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Possible types that jump out are ENFP,ESFJ, and to a lesser degree ESFP. What makes me think ENFP is your whole not judging people thing. The problem there is you say you don't but I don't really know if you are being honest... no offence I just get the feeling you over sold it. Which brings me to your hunch question... number 8. I am an NF with very strong N so perhaps it's just my perception from my unique angle. That said to me that is just normal of an S type using N from time to time. Like with me I tend to REALLY trust my intuition or if I don't I tend to get burned, think Yes Man (with Jim Carey). So that makes me think S, so does that fact that 75% of people are S types. That said let me read through this again and see what else I can get from it. I wish I could hear your voice, I know it's weird but different types talk different. Umm... I wonder if you are an E... you could be an ISFJ... yeah and here's my ninja intuition if you aren't a ENFP you are an ISFJ for sure. Like as an E when I sit alone for very long I get like super deathly depressed and reading helps stave off this but it doesn't "energize" me.... I don't know that's just my intuition though so take it at face value... look into ISFJ.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I didn't mean to "over sell it" and I didn't mean I never judge people. I just mean I try sooo hard not to, and I would really like to think I don't do it much... Hmm, ISFJ.. never thought of myself as a sensing type, but yeah with the 75% thing, I always kinda wondered if I was just fooling myself thinking I'm intuitive haha... So not getting ENFJ vibe? That's what I mostly test as, and what my boyfriend really thinks I am.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ah there is the authenticity I expect from an ENFJ. What you just said sounds like... 100% like what I would have said to that! I am and ENFJ so... let me look over your questionnaire again. Also remember that you have secondary Ni not primary so it's a little different... Ok yeah so I think I just miss read this the first time... As a man I have a bit more of a "take charge" way of doing things that is kind of a hallmark of the ENFJ and I was looking specifically for that but I see it here. The other thing I didn't take into consideration is the fact you are 16... I was much more like that in my youth. NFs talk about having NF moments, flashes of insight or intuition can you share an example of this? Also what are your interests outside of school?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's usually intuition about other people, like their feelings and stuff. I pick up on a lot of things that other people don't usually. I don't know if that's an intuition thing, but i think it sort of is? Or if something big or something bad is going to happen, I get this feeling, or even my dreams sometimes are intuitive (or just weird coincidences? i don't know). My interests outside of school... Music I would definitely say. I play guitar, piano, clarinet, saxophone, i sing. And I'm working on french horn and baritone right now. Also i love animals, I want to be a veterinarian someday. Or I have thought about being a psychologist or something like that. And I like hanging out with friends, cooking, photography, reading.
And here are the percentages I usually get about on the humanmentics.com test.
Extrovert- 11%
iNtuitive- 50%
Feeling- 62%
Judging- 1%

So I'm very low in the extrovert and judging areas.. Which is probably why it gets confusing, because I do have some "p" tendencies, but also a lot of J. I do think I'm extroverted though, that is pretty sure because I get my every from being with people, and being alone for awhile drains my energy and I get like depressed after awhile. I'm just sort of shy sometimes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What is most clear from your answer is that you are a Feeler. I get the impression that you have focused more on how your own and other's actions affect people. You have mentioned in Q1 of you are likely to be the one comforting your friends and that your friends come to you with their problems. I get the impression that you value comforting people and helping them out. Plus, authenticity and honesty in relationships is often what ENFJs typically call their one of the most important values if not the most. From Linda Berens ENFJ description:- "Honesty is very important. Even if the truth is bad it adds to the depth of the relationship..."

Ofcourse the above applies to alot of people and is not restricted to an MBTI type but specially focusing on these aspects, I would guess that you definitely use Fe.

You have focused on things like you hate it when somebody is left out etc. You seem to focus more on your emotions towards people then on internal personal values which is more Fe then Fi. You have mentioned that you do not like judging people quickly. I personally think that Fi users can be quicker to form a judgement about a person then an Fe user. Fi is an internal decision making function seeking internal closure so Fi users are very structured internally and have an Fi model in their head which can be used to judge somebody with their model. While an Fe user is structured externally so if you use Fe you are more organized and structured externally in your action and not as structured internally.

Since you have mentioned you get drained when you are alone and energized by hanging out with friends thus I would say your are an extrovert. For instance, an INFJ wants to be around people, but they also need to spend a reasonable amount of time alone and they certainly don't get drained by it.

I would also expect an Ne user to answer the first question differently. Ne is an 'in the moment' percieving functions and they are likely to talk alot about experiencing the moment, adventures, excited by change etc. You haven't focused on them in your answers the way I would expect an Ne dom to.

Your answer to Q8 is N-ish. You haven't mentioned anything which is particularly Si or Se. My impression (guess) is that you are an ENFJ.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, I appreciate this a lot!! I do agree with you on the Fi vs. Fe and judging people thing. My boyfriend is an INFP, an Fi user, and I think he definitely is quicker to form a judgement of a person than I am. I'm glad you are explaining the functions to me, that helps a lot. It's hard for me to tell which i use.

Sometimes I do like being alone, and I need it every once in awhile, but for too long, i hate it. I like being with people, i like talking. I like to work with someone else rather than alone, i like just relaxing and being with people in general. So I think I am an extrovert. One time I was at my friends house, and 7 of my other friends were there. We were just hanging out, some were watching tv, taking a shower, on the computer. And I really thought that was enjoyable lol just being around everyone but not doing much. Thanks again :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts