Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Section 1.

Pick any picture you like - tell us about it. Below are two websites to help find one - feel free to choose anything you want, though.
Random Image Prompts

I can't post links yet so I couldn't do this part

Pick a word, any word - brainstorm - whether it's just words that spring to mind, or ideas, or memories, whatever - just brainstorm for a while. No restrictions. Below is a link for a random word, if it helps.
I used randomwordgenerator

Funny that the website gave me the word anger because I can't truly ever process my anger like if you're sad, you cry. If you're happy you laugh, but when you're angry what do you do? I've gotten better at it but anger makes me slightly uncomfortable, I think because I'm rarely truly angry. I get irritated easily but not often angry, I think because I try to remain aloof and I don't often feel much of anything so things don't anger me.

Section 2.

Describe your verbal communication skills, your written communication skills, and your body language.
Feel free to go in-depth. If possible, detail your natural communication and body language preferences in various circumstances - with friends, with strangers, at work, in one-on-one situations, in group situations, personal, impersonal, that kind of thing. If anything irritates you about how others communicate, talk about that too.
The more information, the better.

I work retail so I've mastered the whole fake persona thing and essentially whenever I'm out in public I'm in retail mode. Smile and then return to staring blankly ahead because I frankly don't feel anything but I'm not an asshole and I do want to appear friendly so I smile or say hello if somebody passes me and they do it first. I don't go out of my way to do anything but if somebody does it to me I'll do the same. Sometimes I'll have random conversations with people but honestly when I'm out in public I'm usually on my phone texting somebody or on discord again messaging somebody to avoid unnecessary conversation.

I try to sound enthusiastic over text so I use emojis or explanation points and what not because again don't want to be a dick and I don't want people thinking I'm not interested in their interests because I grew up with my mom not caring at all in that sense so I guess I overcompensate?

Since most of the people I talk to in person are coworkers, we for the most part all get along and I'm known as the loud, "extra" one, who's always laughing or singing or making weird sounds to gently annoy them. I'm also pretty much always "roasting" them but they do it back so it's not out of maliciousness and that's if I know they can handle it. I think everyone knows I absolutely hate drama and don't need it in my life and like I mentioned above I try to remain aloof at all times and not get involved with people and their lives because to be honest I'm working on myself and I don't need that headache.

I try to get the feel for a person to know how to act around them so I try to remain as normal as possible at first and then as I get more comfortable around you I'll bring my "extra" side out. It's not for the attention that I do it, I just like being extra. Also I'm apparently a meme queen and I always have a meme for it or some reference. But with all that said I also turn all of that off and can be really mature and get on with adults really well. (I'm 25, so I mean like middle aged people)

How do you prefer to make decisions, solve problems and/or puzzles?
Run us through your entire process - use specific examples, if possible - some ideas for your answer -
what questions do you ask yourself, if any? What goes through your mind? What do you take into account? What could alter your decisions? Are you comfortable with making a decision and settling on it? Do you like being able to change your decisions, after you've made them?

I try to use logic for my decisions, which would make the most logical sense and use that but I also do take into consideration what my gut says and my heart. While I do believe logic is extremely important I also realize everybody is different and what works for someone might not work for me.

Detail some things that piss you off - stress triggers - feel free to explain the reasons why these things irritate you - I don't want to hear about mild irritations - I want to hear about things that simply make your blood boil, or make you want to take action to alter the situation - things that make you want to leave an environment, things that make you dislike someone, things that truly get to you as a person and grate on every fiber of your being.

Hah, things that piss me off. How about everything? No I'm exaggerating a bit but many things irk me. For one thing, the obvious, racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, any shitty person who spews their views makes me want to die? Okay again exaggerating but it does piss me off.

People who are so oblivious to how they are and how they treat others. Like my one coworker is so unaware that her constant chatting and especially about her personal life drives me up a wall.

People who have negative intentions in my life, I spent essentially my entire life having a really shitty time due to abuse and just general shittiness that I'm built up my bullshit wall and I'm not here for any of it. "be groovy or leave man" (okay that's cheesy but what I take from it is, have good intentions or leave) I don't need negative, soul sucking leeches in my life. I'm out here trying to find some happiness in this world and surrounding myself with good people is most important.

People who try to one up each other.

People who don't try to understand where you're coming from, I get that it's hard sometimes but when you don't put forth any effort I don't need that.

I could go on, but there's some examples.

Detail a time (or times) in your life when you felt at your absolute best - when you didn't feel any kind of anxiety, when you didn't feel judged, when you felt appreciated for who you are, when you felt at your most creative, when you felt like "you".. you get the gist. You at your best, tell us about it.

I don't think I've ever felt my absolute best, maybe when I'm "in my element" aka I can nerd out for a moment with someone who also loves the same thing as me. This past September I was visiting an old friend where I grew up and we went to the mall and they have a Lush there, the guy working noticed my tattoo which is a quote from Lou Reed and we had a nice conversation about him and David Bowie and it was so amazing seeing someone else who loves the same thing as you and you can just geek out for a minute. Something similar happened while I was working I was doing something and a customer came up to me and he acted like he knew me and he also noticed my tattoo and turns out he was also a really big Lou Reed fan and we talked for a few minutes and it felt really nice. Also I was able to go to the Lou Reed tribute in 2016 in NY and I met a friend from tumblr there and that was probably my favorite day I can think of. I'm often sort of mocked, not maliciously, but still, for being enthusiastic about my favorite things so I tone it down so I'm not weirding people out but being able to actually have a moment to nerd out is really amazing.

What are the strongest parts of your personality? The best traits about yourself.

My enthusiasm, I can be extremely passionate about things, I love learning, also I don't back down easily.

What is one specific trait that you value in others, yet simply do not possess yourself - though, if you were to work on it, it would really balance out your personality?
I was copying the form from @Xcopy and honestly this is me. I'm just going to tweak it a bit.

My dislike of my own emotions or dealing with emotions in general. Whenever I get emotional, I immediately repress it and go back to feeling nothing because emotions make me feel weak and growing up I felt extremely weak and I refuse to feel weak again. Immediately, expressing myself just bothers me more because it made it aware to others, that something did indeed get to me which again makes me feel weak and appearing aloof and like I frankly don't give a damn is what I strive for which I know logically is stupid because of course I feel things but that's how I am. Which is annoying, because morals are something I can see a worth in... Yet I tend to get annoyed by the weakness of showing emotion.. Being sensitive, is considered weak and I don't like feeling that way. Because of this.. people tend either find me uncaring and mean at times, or they get the idea that I don't really care about them. I also have a bad habit of not really keeping up with any of my personal friendships and maintaining my connections. Lastly, I tend to get swept up in progressing and moving forward with my life and not paying attention to the people close to me.

What are the differences between how others see you, and how you see yourself?
Feel free to elaborate and explain the reasoning.

I think people would see me as friendly enough, polite, sweet even. I see myself as someone who's extremely conflicted between remaining aloof and not caring or giving in and growing as a person and start to care. I definitely see myself as someone who has the ability to radiate goodness and love and kindness but unfortunately because of everything I've been through and developed these unhealthy coping mechanisms and traits I'm not there yet. I'm working on it though and I see changes in myself but it's hard because it's what I'm used it.

Section 3.

What is a perfect day to you?
What is a perfect night to you?

A perfect day to me would be one where I'm surrounded by people who care about me and I care about and we can do something fun like going to a concert, or a museum, or even lying in the grass staring at the stars where the energy feels light and I'm happy and stress free and I can snap a few photos to remember it. Also good food.

What is your idea of a perfect world?

Everyone gets the fuck along and no more bigotry in the world. Also things like starvation is no longer there. No more abuse. Even things people refuse to believe are a thing like sex trafficking, no longer things. Also no global warming.

Section 4.

Are you, most of the time, acutely aware of the people, things and events occurring in your immediate surroundings?

Hmmm... Yes and no? When I'm dissociating then no but if not I try to be aware but not usually.

Do you find yourself engaging in the sounds, colors, textures, scents and tastes of your environment - i.e, enjoying what you are currently experiencing, most of the time?

If I'm somewhere new I can be overwhelmed especially if I'm by myself but when I adjust then yes but if I'm just around town then no. I'm usually on autopilot mode.

Do you seek common ground, when faced with new situations - thoughts like "this is like _____" or "this is similar to _____" - something that will stabilise the current situation and turn it into something more comfortable for you?

Yes definitely.

Do you find you have a strong sense for how things 'should be', even when faced with something unfamiliar?

I don't think so.

Do you actively engage in promoting a harmonious atmosphere - be honest with yourself, this includes being a conflict-averse introvert.

I'd like to, I think everyone should be at least cordial to each other but to be honest I don't really pay people much attention.

Do you actively seek to connect with other people, and do you make use of social niceties in order to interact with people more smoothly - to make them feel validated, accepted, comfortable? - this includes regular use of "please", "thank you", etc.. general social niceties.

Not at all, I don't actively seek connecting at all but I am polite as I said above and will smile and say thank you and what not even if I don't personally feel anything from it. I've learned from mistakes that some people thrive off of that and I don't like conflict.

Do you find yourself not being dependent on agreement and harmony around you, as long as the current situation doesn't impact on your own personal inner balance?
An example of this might be if you are doing something, and people are arguing in the same room - are you able to remain yourself, or will it affect your inner balance in a noticeable way?

My first reaction would be uncomfortable-ness because I hate fighting because I never know what it could lead into so if people are arguing but when I assess the situation and deem it harmless then I ignore it.

Do you try to win others over to your point of view, in debates, arguments or just chit-chat in general?
I.e seeking agreement from the other person. Have a real think about this question, and be honest with yourself.

Yes. I don't back down unless they're too far gone then I'm out.

You just read that a local vacuum company just went bankrupt.
What your thoughts - feel free to expand and explore your thoughts and ideas as much as you like here. Please don't say "who cares?". Just do it.

... They still have those? Huh... Okay then. Then go back to doing whatever I was before.

Do you comfortably juggle multiple possible options in your mind, when problem solving? Do you find yourself exploring each of them - entertaining any possibilities that may arise from them, and enjoy envisioning scenarios where these might play out?

Yes! I definitely do this.

Do you have a tendency to organize the world around you? Is it important for you to be in an orderly environment?
This might manifest as a preference for predictability - consider these questions on a smaller scale than what might be in your mind - i.e. is it important that the knifes go in the knifes slot, that the Nintendo games go where the Nintendo games go, etc..

I live in an organized chaos, okay not completely chaotic but compared to my mom who's anal about everything my room appears like a mess. I know where everything is and that's the important part.

Do you find you are impatient with regards to efficiency?
Again, consider this also at a smaller scale - for example, do you prefer to rush through whatever chores that need to be done, so they're out the way?

I try not to half ass anything but it happens to the best of us.

Do you find yourself taking over certain tasks because you know you can do it quicker?
This might be as mundane as telling your partner or friend, that you'll do the dishes - because you know they'll take forever and it's just 'better' for you to do it, and smash 'em out ASAP so they're done.

Yes definitely, especially at work I'm good at cleaning the service case out so I offer to do it.

Is it important for you to define things in your head?
This might manifest as googling words you've unfamiliar with so you actually know for sure what you're reading, or it might manifest as a preference to completely understand something to the point you can explain it to others in a simplified manner - born out of the precise definitions you've crafted in your mind.

Y E S 100%

Is it of high importance to you, to understand all of the pieces of a puzzle.. or all of the information you're given, before coming to a decision or a conclusion about anything?

I'm getting better at this and not just jumping to conclusions with my decision.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
I'll be honest...I'm not reading this wall of text, and apparently neither will anybody else.

What functions do you identify with?

·
Registered
Infp 6w5
2,772 Posts
Well, I read the wall of text.
I think INTP might be your type for a couple reasons. First, you're definitely introverted. The function stack for INTP is dominant Introverted Thinking, Extraverted Intuition, Introverted Sensing, and Extraverted Feeling as the inferior function.

Between Te and Ti, you likely use Ti. You're not especially anal about organization, but you have your own personal system of doing things, and you are especially enthuastic about learning and defining things in your head.

Between Ne and Ni, I think you use Ne. You easily can bounce around many different ideas which is characteristic of Ne, while Ni is more fixative and laser-like in its focus.

Between Se and Si, you might use Si. You keep returning to past events as you describe yourself, and due to your tendency to be overwhelmed by the senses. This would also make sense with it being your second lowest function.

That would leave your last function as Fe. Your least favorite function, dealing with other people and their emotions. When you do use feeling, it comes in the form of Fe instead of Fi, because it is primarily focused on your relationship with feelings and morals from the outside world, while Fi deals more with personally formed emotions and morals.

Reactions: loureed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I read the wall of text.
I think INTP might be your type for a couple reasons. First, you're definitely introverted. The function stack for INTP is dominant Introverted Thinking, Extraverted Intuition, Introverted Sensing, and Extraverted Feeling as the inferior function.

Between Te and Ti, you likely use Ti. You're not especially anal about organization, but you have your own personal system of doing things, and you are especially enthuastic about learning and defining things in your head.

Between Ne and Ni, I think you use Ne. You easily can bounce around many different ideas which is characteristic of Ne, while Ni is more fixative and laser-like in its focus.

Between Se and Si, you might use Si. You keep returning to past events as you describe yourself, and due to your tendency to be overwhelmed by the senses. This would also make sense with it being your second lowest function.

That would leave your last function as Fe. Your least favorite function, dealing with other people and their emotions. When you do use feeling, it comes in the form of Fe instead of Fi, because it is primarily focused on your relationship with feelings and morals from the outside world, while Fi deals more with personally formed emotions and morals.
I’ve considered INTP and I’ve also considered ENTP and I guess I have to decide which order I use my functions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts