Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, if you would please take a look and offer your opinions.
Thanks,

Main Questions
1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I am driven by constant improvement. I am happy where I am at but I am not ok with my current status. I am driven towards success in most anything I do and I don't like feeling like I have failed myself or my family. I look for a successful career and a happy family that doesn't have to worry about how they are going to do things.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I hope to accomplish becoming a prominent person in a large corporation. This is something that I want for myself and my family. I hope to be the best father and husband I can be. I want my children to grow up happy and become successful themselves. I hope they can look back on their life at home and feel joy with their childhood.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I hope to avoid being a failure (in my family, career, and life in general). I have many values that are important to me. I have strong family values. I want my kids to be happy and polite children and adults. That being said I don't ever want them to be walked on, I want them to stand up for what is important to them.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

I have fears of being alone. Fears that I will be seen as a bad husband or father. Fears that I will struggle for what I want in life. I don't want to be a bad person or in any way make my family struggle because of something I could have changed or done differently. All of the fears that I speak of are for the people that are close to me. I want people that I don't know to think I am successful and a good person but I don’t really let it bother me if they don't.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as a happy, successful person. Someone who has accomplished a lot in life. Someone who has it “together” and a level head. I see myself as being successful for the point at where I am in life. I think though that I can make improvements and be better.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel my best when I know I have done a good job. When people around me are happy and feel good. I feel my worst when I feel like I have failed or upset people that are close to me or myself.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a.) When I get angry you will know. I have very strong non-verbal emotions that can be read. If I feel that someone has made me angry and thinks they are talking above me I will get extremely mad. My face will get hot and I can't sit still.

b.)Shame is a hard one for me. I don't connect too much with this. I guess if I feel shame to me it would go along with embarrassment.

c.)Anxiety is again one that is difficult, but I would not be able to sit still. I would need a resolution to whatever is causing it so I could move on knowing that everything is going to be ok. I turns my stomach and I get anxious. I start to worry a lot and start asking a lot of questions to myself.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a.) I respond to stress by trying to find a solution. I will talk to people I trust for advice and look towards solving whatever it is that is causing me stress.

b.) If the unexpected change is in the workplace I can deal well with it if I feel that it is a change for the best. If its an unexpected change in my personal life it would be a lot hard for me to handle.

c.) I handle conflict very well. I try to take charge and get it resolved so that progress can be made. I will make sure that the resolution is as fair as it can be but will not go outside my boundary to compromise if I feel what I am doing will better the people around me. Now in my personal life I handle this much differently. I can compromise if I see the other persons point but I can still be very stubborn towards my point of view.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

a.) I am ok with authority if I feel the person that has authority is qualified. If I feel that the person is not qualified I have very little patience for them and if I see them sinking I will let them.

b.) I see power as a good thing if used correctly. I don't think that there should be absolute power though. There should always be a check and balance for power to keep them in check.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

I see humanity as a whole as good people with good intentions. I believe that there are a lot of good people in this world. With that being said I also know reality and I don't trust very many people. You have to earn my trust. I’m not the kind of person that gives it to you until you break it. That to me leaves me feeling vulnerable and it doesn’t sit well with me.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Hi all, if you would please take a look and offer your opinions.
Thanks,

Main Questions
1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I am driven by constant improvement. I am happy where I am at but I am not ok with my current status. I am driven towards success in most anything I do and I don't like feeling like I have failed myself or my family. I look for a successful career and a happy family that doesn't have to worry about how they are going to do things.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I hope to accomplish becoming a prominent person in a large corporation. This is something that I want for myself and my family. I hope to be the best father and husband I can be. I want my children to grow up happy and become successful themselves. I hope they can look back on their life at home and feel joy with their childhood.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I hope to avoid being a failure (in my family, career, and life in general). I have many values that are important to me. I have strong family values. I want my kids to be happy and polite children and adults. That being said I don't ever want them to be walked on, I want them to stand up for what is important to them.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

I have fears of being alone. Fears that I will be seen as a bad husband or father. Fears that I will struggle for what I want in life. I don't want to be a bad person or in any way make my family struggle because of something I could have changed or done differently. All of the fears that I speak of are for the people that are close to me. I want people that I don't know to think I am successful and a good person but I don’t really let it bother me if they don't.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as a happy, successful person. Someone who has accomplished a lot in life. Someone who has it “together” and a level head. I see myself as being successful for the point at where I am in life. I think though that I can make improvements and be better.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel my best when I know I have done a good job. When people around me are happy and feel good. I feel my worst when I feel like I have failed or upset people that are close to me or myself.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a.) When I get angry you will know. I have very strong non-verbal emotions that can be read. If I feel that someone has made me angry and thinks they are talking above me I will get extremely mad. My face will get hot and I can't sit still.

b.)Shame is a hard one for me. I don't connect too much with this. I guess if I feel shame to me it would go along with embarrassment.

c.)Anxiety is again one that is difficult, but I would not be able to sit still. I would need a resolution to whatever is causing it so I could move on knowing that everything is going to be ok. I turns my stomach and I get anxious. I start to worry a lot and start asking a lot of questions to myself.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

a.) I respond to stress by trying to find a solution. I will talk to people I trust for advice and look towards solving whatever it is that is causing me stress.

b.) If the unexpected change is in the workplace I can deal well with it if I feel that it is a change for the best. If its an unexpected change in my personal life it would be a lot hard for me to handle.

c.) I handle conflict very well. I try to take charge and get it resolved so that progress can be made. I will make sure that the resolution is as fair as it can be but will not go outside my boundary to compromise if I feel what I am doing will better the people around me. Now in my personal life I handle this much differently. I can compromise if I see the other persons point but I can still be very stubborn towards my point of view.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

a.) I am ok with authority if I feel the person that has authority is qualified. If I feel that the person is not qualified I have very little patience for them and if I see them sinking I will let them.

b.) I see power as a good thing if used correctly. I don't think that there should be absolute power though. There should always be a check and balance for power to keep them in check.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

I see humanity as a whole as good people with good intentions. I believe that there are a lot of good people in this world. With that being said I also know reality and I don't trust very many people. You have to earn my trust. I’m not the kind of person that gives it to you until you break it. That to me leaves me feeling vulnerable and it doesn’t sit well with me.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
I would guess some sort of 3, you remind me very much of my ExTJ 3w2 father, but I'm no expert. @Swordsman of Mana @Lost in Oblivion @Owfin @Boss
I SUMMON YOU!

*summons you*

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@2eng2009
- core 3w2 for sure
- probably 1 fixed
- probably So/Sp, but I could also see Sp/So or So/Sx
- unsure of your head fix
- as for MBTI? not sure, save for probably some sort of ExxJ

in summary
E??J 3w2-1w?-??? So/Sp is what I've got so far
Thank you, I appreciate it.

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
@2eng2009

Nice post thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading it. Based on your answers above you strike me as 3w2. And, it seems like your gut fix is 1w9. Head fix seems like 6w7. Again that's based solely on your answers. @Swordsman of Mana , @Dark Romantic, @Boss would love your to weigh in on my fellow ENTJs questionnaire answers. Please don't kill me for calling on you again. But, I would love to hear your perspectives and input as it helps me to strengthen my knowledge of the Enneagram. Thanks! :D

Edit: I guess it took me too long to come back and type out my response didn't realize that SOM had responded already. oops!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok @Swordsman of Mana and @n2freedom, I appreciate your guidance here. With your help I have determined that I am a 3w2 1w2 6w7 so/sx. This bring some clarity to me. Thanks again.

Reactions: n2freedom
1 - 9 of 9 Posts