Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I'm slowly beginning to understand the typing business, I would very much like some help! If at all possible.

I would like to know what my brother's type is. I have a hunch it might be ESTP... or even ESFP, but once again, I only have a vague understanding of the MBTI. My brother and I don't have a lot in common but we still love each other regardless. He is twenty eight, by the way... if that helps at all.

- He doesn't like anything odd. If possible, my brother likes everything to be "normal". There have been a few times where he told me to calm down and/or become less strange.
- Has trouble accepting eccentric/nerdy/arty types. Can be quite critical.
- He has a very ideal future... but doesn't quite know how to achieve this ideal future.
- Very charming and charismatic. Everyone loves and adores my brother. He is confident but does not talk loudly. My brother is also incredibly good looking, even with the odd scar or too.
- My brother deals with problems straight forwardly. He likes to deal with problems within a single sentence. No hours and hours of rambling about "stupid emotional" problems.
- Saying that, he cries easily. He is a sensitive boy at heart. He is easily upset and angered.
- He is quite clean and organised.
- Never late for appointments, etc. Very adamant about such things.
- Sometimes acts rashly, without thinking of the consequences
- He doesn't think too much of art. My brother isn't one for philosophical discussions either. He's just no interested in anything other than people. My brother loves people
- Massive risk taker
- Definitely not one for hook ups. He wants nothing more than a woman to love, have a family, all that jazz.

If you need more information, I'm more than happy to supply!

Thanks.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Well I know one male ESFP who:
- often complains that he does not have a girlfriend but likes to talk about his many sexual adventures, but not from conquest point of view, he never puts down girls he had relationships with
- doesn't laugh at my humor when it is a bit too N-like :( ... he says he is not the type for "smart" humor but instead prefers direct and physical type of humor, not humor that requires one to make connections
- big risk taker, drives crazy, last time he went skiing he managed to get stuck on top of a a tree (it was a small tree, but still...), drinks a lot of alcohol and seems to like pushing his body to its limit
- has more interest in people than most guys have and doesn't seem to do the one-upping thing in conversation at all, but is confident in himself at the same time ... though lately I had a feeling he might be questioning his sexual orientation, which is common for F-type guys, but i think it upsets him a lot because he also likes everything normal and being gay is obviously outside of the norm, though he is not gay at all

So sounds like there are parallels & your brother might be ESFP too.

·
Registered
535 Posts
- He doesn't like anything odd. If possible, my brother likes everything to be "normal". There have been a few times where he told me to calm down and/or become less strange.
- Has trouble accepting eccentric/nerdy/arty types. Can be quite critical.
- He has a very ideal future... but doesn't quite know how to achieve this ideal future.
- He doesn't think too much of art. My brother isn't one for philosophical discussions either.[...]
He's definitely a sensor.

- Very charming and charismatic. Everyone loves and adores my brother. He is confident but does not talk loudly. My brother is also incredibly good looking, even with the odd scar or too.
- Saying that, he cries easily. He is a sensitive boy at heart. He is easily upset and angered.
- Sometimes acts rashly, without thinking of the consequences
- [...]He's just no interested in anything other than people. My brother loves people
Those are feeler qualities.

- He is quite clean and organised.
- Never late for appointments, etc. Very adamant about such things.
- Definitely not one for hook ups. He wants nothing more than a woman to love, have a family, all that jazz.
Those are SJ traits, but this:

- Massive risk taker
sounds more like SP. Could you elaborate on the risk part?

I would estimate him to be an ESFJ or ESFP. (E because from your description, he sounds rather outgoing.)

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,078 Posts
Doesn't sound like the ESFPs that I know.

The ESFPs I know:
Love to be in the limelight.
Have no problem at all at taking, taking and taking.
Love to talk, and although they have a way of getting people to open up to them, they aren't always listening properly to what you say.
They love to repeat everything, any gossip they hear burns inside them until they can tell someone.
They are very affectionate, and know how to say what will make you feel special.
People trust them very easily.
The ones I know are not ambitious people, instead they're happy to just plod.
Or they might have a million brilliant ideas, but they will never follow through on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts