Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I spoke recently to a girl I had a crush on in the past. I'm really curious of her type, so I got her to answer the questionnaire, could you guys figure out what it is?

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Not at the moment.

2. What type(s) do you usually score as on tests?

INTP

3. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Choose 2 photos and look at each for as long as you feel that you need. Copy and paste the photos here (or write the link like example: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/jacoboson/8697480741/in/explore-2013-05-01), and write your impression of each of them.

No thanks. I don't see this as relevant, and i'm lazy man.

4. You are on the clock to fix something, a friend of yours sits beside you and gives a lot of interesting ideas, none of them actually help or are related to your situation, but they are still something you find interesting. What is your reaction? What do you say? What do you do? What's your train of thought?

My reaction is nothing external. I think to myself that it isn't very helpful, but they can speak if they wish. I'll tune them out. I'd tell them something along the lines of me already being half way done, and that their way seems as though it'd take longer – but thanks. Depends on what sort of “Friend” this person is though. If it's someone i'm closer too, i'll probably voice that their method wouldn't really help and explain to them why that is – and thank them as well.

5a. What are some of your most important values?

As unbelievable as it may sound, I don't really have any. I'm neutral about almost everything. (Almost to leave room for something that may be hidden somewhere deep in my subconscious or some shit.)

5b. Can they change? What would be the reason if they changed?

N/A I've always been this way. Indifferent to everything of the sort. It's all subjective and I have no personal attachment or feeling for something of the sort. It's redundant.

6. You are in a car with some other people, the people in the car are talking. Someone makes a claim that you see as immoral/rude/cruel. What is your inward reaction? What do you think? What do you say?

Lol. I have never heard a comment that I saw as “immoral/rude/cruel. No inward reaction, i'd keep thinking about whatever I would be naturally. At the most I could think “why do you think this?” even though that depends on if they want feedback, or something else from their vocalization of whatever it was they said. I either say nothing, or ask them “Why do they think that think that?” or something like that, if it seems as though they feel like conversing about the subject.

7. a) What activities energizes you the most? Why?

Learning about what I enjoy most. Everything from physics theories to Bio. I also enjoy reading about philosophy. So much shit to learn. It's pretty energizing i'd say. This sort of thing has always intrigued me, the “why” aspect of this question is pretty obvious. I have an inert yearning to learn and know more, and this fulfills that craving and need.

7. b) What activities drains you the most? Why?

Socialization. Talking about mundane day to day tasks although I do it because it's common place in *socialandia*. Being in a situation in which i'm forced to be in, I don't know anyone, and have to put on my social act for too long, as I rather just be in my room. Too tense.

8. Do you believe you are introverted or extraverted (extroverted*)? Why do you believe that? (Please be as detailed as possible)

I'd say i'm introverted. If up to me, I won't socialize for weeks at a time. I stay home if I don't need to leave. After that, it always becomes very difficult and strenuous for me to actually even fathom the thought of getting my ass up and going out into the world. It becomes much more of a task as time goes by spent alone. I enjoy my time alone very much so, and I get tired after being out for too long. Too much goes into it - too much effort, and facade.

9. Please describe yourself, what do you see as your greatest strengths and what do you see as your greatest weaknesses?

I'm not sure how to answer this. I see myself as neutral. I think i'm knowledgeable, personally. I offer perspectives people around me find strange and refreshing. Besides that, everything else is subjective. My greatest weakness being my neutrality with almost everything I encounter. My general apathy as well. They could be seen as both a weakness and a strength, but i'm choosing to list it as a weakness for the time being because it has been one as of most recently.

10. Please describe yourself when you are feeling stressed. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I'm don't really get “stressed”. Closest i'll get is describing how I got into my depression this one time. I rarely “feel” stressed, so if I do, it's mostly down hill from there if I don't get it fixed quickly. Only happened to me once. I'd say I was depressed. Mind became a fog almost, and I was mentally fucked. I act the same externally. Probably put less effort into my appearance as well. My minds become a mess and I think about things that I normally wouldn't have a care for, or even worry about things that naturally I could care less about.

11. What is your "soft spot" (the area that makes you upset if people mess with)?

Nothing really. The only thing I can come up with is seeing someone shoot a puppy in the head. That seems pretty messed up. Or someone running over an animal on purpose. Fuck man.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?
2. I cannot “expand my answer “as much as possible” because I will end up writing for the rest of my life. (it's technically possible and there is so much shit I think about) So because of this, I will be very general and ramble.
I generally focus on why everything is happening and how everything works. How everything ties together and the reality of what the internal workings of something are. i.e. String theory, big bang, random shit. I try to solve everything around me as if it were a puzzle. I wonder about obscure theories, to trying to tinker with well known ones mentally. I think about space, and try to see if I can come up new theories that actually seem fathomable, but then realize that i'm wasting my time because if I could come up with one what would I do with it? Not like i'm going to go run out there an declare my findings and ask for funding to experiment further.
My thoughts go into trying to figure out my brain and what drives it (this is deeper than I wish to explain.) Why i'm the way I am as well at some point. What led me there. Wondering random shit, and imagining funny shit from time to time. Funny shit being a lamp shitting onto my bed and opening some sort of portal, so that when someone lays on my bed they disappear into some time continuum. Their internal reactions (that I assume them to have) and the look on their face as their about to fall in, I imagine to pretty funny so i'd laugh out loud, and go about my other thoughts. So shit that makes me laugh. My brain has never been a silent place.

13. What's your opinion of getting frequent feedback on what you do? (Someone pointing out what is good, what is bad, what and how to improve) Is there a limit to how often you want feedback? If so, what is the limit?

Their perception is only that. Their opinion could be interesting to hear depending on many factors. I could weigh their thoughts as valid or not after deduction. I'd check if it's logically sound and if the person is viable within the subject. If so I consider it, and either wonder if they're on to something, or wonder what gave them that perception if I determine that their opinion seems too distorted after my validity check. Nothing is “good” or
“bad”. Talk as much as you want, and there is no limit. I don't necessarily “want” the feedback. I'm neutral to it. I'm sure I've had moments when I wanted it, if it was in an area I didn't feel “competent” in, but generally speaking about the norm for me - I'm neutral.

14. Anything beyond what has been discussed that you would like to add?
Nah. Tired.
About the picture question, she seemed a bit lazy to do the search and select a picture and all. Typically she has a tendency to over explain stuff that pique her interest. Here I had to prod her a little first to pick a pic and then to comment on it.

thumb cut off | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
"his thumbs missing... I wonder what happened? That must have sucked ass.. unless he has some sort of fetish for thumb cutting, then - kudos."

134/365: A Messy Room | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
"My room... is worse"
I'd like to add some of my own thoughts about my interaction with her. I found it unusually rocky, normally I can talk to people for a long while but she kept asking questions on how I came to different conclusions (I sorta jumped them, didn't really think them through), so the extensive self analysis I had to do was difficult and very draining. It was like over analysis on something that wasn't too important, I just sorta think only as much as I need and act right away. She just seem to go way too deep into analysing thoughts, I think I just make rough estimates, use that and refine it as I use it.

I think this difficulty in interacting with her likely has something to do with our type differences. Aslo based on the talk and on my own type-me thread. I think I'm an ESFP and not an ENFP.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok, so I spoke recently to a girl I had a crush on in the past. I'm really curious of her type, so I got her to answer the questionnaire, could you guys figure out what it is?

I think this difficulty in interacting with her likely has something to do with our type differences. Aslo based on the talk and on my own type-me thread. I think I'm an ESFP and not an ENFP.
There is no doubt in my mind that she in an INTP. I'm going to analyze everything she says and put what functions it reminds me of, just in this question, because it completely screams INTP.

12. What are most of the ideas/thoughts you get generally centered around (try to expand your answers as much as possible)?
2. I cannot “expand my answer “as much as possible” because I will end up writing for the rest of my life. (it's technically possible and there is so much shit I think about) (Ti) So because of this, I will be very general and ramble.
I generally focus on why everything is happening and how everything works (Ti). How everything ties together and the reality of what the internal workings of something are. i.e. String theory, big bang, random shit. (Ti) I try to solve everything around me as if it were a puzzle. (Ti) I wonder about obscure theories, to trying to tinker with well known ones mentally. (Ni) I think about space, and try to see if I can come up new theories that actually seem fathomable (Ne), but then realize that i'm wasting my time because if I could come up with one what would I do with it? (Te) Not like i'm going to go run out there an declare my findings and ask for funding to experiment further. (Laziness)
My thoughts go into trying to figure out my brain and what drives it (this is deeper than I wish to explain.) (Ti) Why i'm the way I am as well at some point. (Fi) What led me there. (Si) Wondering random shit, and imagining funny shit from time to time. (Ne) Funny shit being a lamp shitting onto my bed and opening some sort of portal, so that when someone lays on my bed they disappear into some time continuum. (Ne) Their internal reactions (that I assume them to have) and the look on their face as their about to fall in, (Fe) I imagine to pretty funny so i'd laugh out loud, and go about my other thoughts. (Thinking type) So shit that makes me laugh. My brain has never been a silent place. (Ne or Ti)

Ti: 6 / Te: 1
Ne: 4 / Ni: 1
Si: 1 / Se: 0
Fe: 1 / Fi: 1

Some of that may not be accurate. I'm not a professional. Hahahaha. But I know that her answer is, overall, very INTP-like.

And I skimmed your thread and you are definitely and ESFP. I completely understand why you have difficulty taking to her: INTPs and ESFPs don't have any functions in common. Hahaha. But y'all are still able to get along well. I know a bunch of people whose best friends or significant others don't share any functions with them. I think it will be easier to talk with her once you both are sure of your types. :) (Ahh. I'm making it sound like you two are fighting. I know y'all aren't fighting. Sorry. Hahaha).

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
There is no doubt in my mind that she in an INTP. I'm going to analyze everything she says and put what functions it reminds me of, just in this question, because it completely screams INTP.

2. I cannot “expand my answer “as much as possible” because I will end up writing for the rest of my life. (it's technically possible and there is so much shit I think about) (Ti) So because of this, I will be very general and ramble.
I generally focus on why everything is happening and how everything works (Ti). How everything ties together and the reality of what the internal workings of something are. i.e. String theory, big bang, random shit. (Ti) I try to solve everything around me as if it were a puzzle. (Ti) I wonder about obscure theories, to trying to tinker with well known ones mentally. (Ni) I think about space, and try to see if I can come up new theories that actually seem fathomable (Ne), but then realize that i'm wasting my time because if I could come up with one what would I do with it? (Te) Not like i'm going to go run out there an declare my findings and ask for funding to experiment further. (Laziness)
My thoughts go into trying to figure out my brain and what drives it (this is deeper than I wish to explain.) (Ti) Why i'm the way I am as well at some point. (Fi) What led me there. (Si) Wondering random shit, and imagining funny shit from time to time. (Ne) Funny shit being a lamp shitting onto my bed and opening some sort of portal, so that when someone lays on my bed they disappear into some time continuum. (Ne) Their internal reactions (that I assume them to have) and the look on their face as their about to fall in, (Fe) I imagine to pretty funny so i'd laugh out loud, and go about my other thoughts. (Thinking type) So shit that makes me laugh. My brain has never been a silent place. (Ne or Ti)

Ti: 6 / Te: 1
Ne: 4 / Ni: 1
Si: 1 / Se: 0
Fe: 1 / Fi: 1

Some of that may not be accurate. I'm not a professional. Hahahaha. But I know that her answer is, overall, very INTP-like.

And I skimmed your thread and you are definitely and ESFP. I completely understand why you have difficulty taking to her: INTPs and ESFPs don't have any functions in common. Hahaha. But y'all are still able to get along well. I know a bunch of people whose best friends or significant others don't share any functions with them. I think it will be easier to talk with her once you both are sure of your types. :) (Ahh. I'm making it sound like you two are fighting. I know y'all aren't fighting. Sorry. Hahaha).
It's a very flawed assumption that people with different functions will have communication problems. Same goes for ENTJ, ISFP, INTJ and.. Did I miss anyone? Anyway, every 2 types can get along.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's a very flawed assumption that people with different functions will have communication problems. Same goes for ENTJ, ISFP, INTJ and.. Did I miss anyone? Anyway, every 2 types can get along.
Yeah. :) Some of my closest friends are ENTJs and I love them to death. I don't understand why some people are like "No. This can't happen. Against rules of Socionics. No." XD Hahaha.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@MazeKhaleesi,
Thank you! for that analysis, I appreciate it :) You might not be a professional, but you certainly seems to know what you're doing... hmm, we don't fight but it's just that our approaches to things don't match quite often, so there is that lack of flow at times. Also, avoiding going into certain types of conversations seems to help.

As for the people who rant about how two people can't get along well just cause of their type, I think their heads are buried a bit too deep into theory to realize that people are more than their types, there's a lot more to people than their types imo. Besides, I've heard this little snippet of information about how the founder of MBTI had a partner who was of a type that should have conflicted with her, yet they were happily married.

From my own perspective, those who don't share many functions with you seem a bit harder to talk to but I find them somewhat fascinating cause they don't think like me, they give me new perspectives, therefore interesting despite requiring more effort. Those who are quite similar to me are very easy to talk to but aren't as interesting at times, so it probably balances out
@mbaruh,
I don't agree with that completely, while it's true that people of different types can be friends and such, I have from my own experiences found that some people are easier to communicate with when compared to others, just cause they think a bit like you. Hmm, I've also noticed that it's when I engage in certain types of conversations with those of different types that I burn out, so if I'm careful, having somone of a different type in your team can be a very good thing, they can handle things that you find hard and vice versa.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I don't agree with that completely, while it's true that people of different types can be friends and such, I have from my own experiences found that some people are easier to communicate with when compared to others, just cause they think a bit like you. Hmm, I've also noticed that it's when I engage in certain types of conversations with those of different types that I burn out, so if I'm careful, having somone of a different type in your team can be a very good thing, they can handle things that you find hard and vice versa.
I was talking more about absolutes in my post. I completely agree that it will be usually easier for people with similar functions to understand each other, but it's wrong to say that just because one is type X and the other is Y they will have communication problems. You said it yourself, people are more than just their types.. two people with certain types can be best friends while two others of the same types may despise each other.

·
Registered
44 Posts
@MazeKhaleesi,
From my own perspective, those who don't share many functions with you seem a bit harder to talk to but I find them somewhat fascinating cause they don't think like me, they give me new perspectives, therefore interesting despite requiring more effort. Those who are quite similar to me are very easy to talk to but aren't as interesting at times, so it probably balances out
You're welcome. :) And yeah. I agree. Sometimes I feel like it's easier to talk to people who don't share similar functions as me, because I feel like people with the same functions as me can read my mind. 0_0 I don't know. Hahaha. :p It's definately more easy to explain things to people with the same functions as me, though. I get really frustrated when people don't understand me sometimes (which is a lot), and that is why I gave up on my dreams of becoming a teacher. XD

I was talking more about absolutes in my post. I completely agree that it will be usually easier for people with similar functions to understand each other, but it's wrong to say that just because one is type X and the other is Y they will have communication problems. You said it yourself, people are more than just their types.. two people with certain types can be best friends while two others of the same types may despise each other.
Yeah. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts