Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am confused at what my cognitive functions are. Any input is good input. Thanks!
@Promethea

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type? I sometimes take objective criticism personally but I am comfortable objective point of views to my reasoning. I have been typed as both an intp and an infp.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why? I don't really have a specific end goal, I would like to make a contribution to the legal field through scholarship. Ideally, I don't want to practice law. I want to be a law professor or a judge. Practicing law can be very tedious and I am more interested in furthering the evolution of the law rather than just applying what others have created. More generally, it's important for me to be happy with myself and free to pursue my interests during my lifetime. I just don't really see the point of living if I am not enjoying it and doing what I love to do.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way? I feel the best when I am useful to people or when I am asked for advice or knowledge on a subject and I can provide it successfully. I can't really think of a specific incident that i was at my "Finest" besides my academic accomplishments and just my positive past experiences. Nothing really stands out, I think where I am right now is probably the most accomplished I have every been.

4) What makes you feel inferior? Whenever I don't understand a concept as well as someone else. There is little that embarasses me more than being "called out" on incorrect facts or misunderstanding. I also am incredibly uncomfortable around really overbearing, dominating types. I feel like I always lose my "voice" around this type of person.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) It really depends on the context of my decisions. I have very specific boundaries that can't be crossed when it comes to people and those boundaries are usually concerned with my aversion to be controlled or forced to do anything. I first need to know that I have the final say in any decision and from there I decide which decision will ultimately lead to the best result. I suppose the best result is determined by how happy I am with it and how efficient my method of getting there is.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? I usually like to have control over the entire process but this changes if it's a group project. I am most comfortable with setting my own pace and determining what needs to get accomplished to reach the end result. I am more inclined to just take on a small role for group projects.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as? I have a disorganized apartment and a disorganized car. I really don't think I am organized at all except when I am studying for an exam. For school, I have pretty meticulous notes, I organize all the sections of my textbooks using tabs and then I draw a lot of diagrams to visualize the different legal concepts and their components.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I start with the principles behind it and then go from there.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? If I am close to the people i am interacting with then i think it's very important to be myself but if i am in a new environment and around acquaintances then I tend to just focus on socially acceptable conduct and appealing to other peoples' feelings and expectations.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? I think before speaking mostly and i prefer group discussions because I feel like they take the burden off of me to make conversation.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
My action speaks way louder than my words. I actually think i can be quite impulsive and sometimes I contradict my words with m actions.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I would probably go out with them

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get very irritable and uninterested in what anyone is talking about. I become very egocentric and stop caring about the world around me. I get completely obsessed over whatever is stressing me out.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? I really dislike any people who attempt to control my actions or my opinions. I don't like judgmental or close-mindedness. The biggest thing is when someone lacks any appreciation for experiences outside their ordinary world like different cultures, philosophies or ethical motivations

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people? I love talking about Politics, economics, history, legal topics and anything else like that

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life? I don't own a datebook, I really don't like making a structured plan to do anything. I ignore any sort of organized religion.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality? My friends perceive me as caring and understanding. I have also been told that I am very unpredictable and difficult to read by a number of people. Certain friends have commented about how they are unsure about what my opinions may be regarding specific topics because I don't have any rhyme or reason according to them. I really don't think this is what's going on though. I think I just have very unconventional opinions about topics that people have a difficult time consolidating with the norms of the world.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing? I usually work out, and then I go outside either to the park or the beach and read a book. I just do whatever

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
Hi! I am confused at what my cognitive functions are. Any input is good input. Thanks!
@Promethea

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type? I sometimes take objective criticism personally but I am comfortable objective point of views to my reasoning. I have been typed as both an intp and an infp.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why? I don't really have a specific end goal, I would like to make a contribution to the legal field through scholarship. Ideally, I don't want to practice law. I want to be a law professor or a judge. Practicing law can be very tedious and I am more interested in furthering the evolution of the law rather than just applying what others have created. More generally, it's important for me to be happy with myself and free to pursue my interests during my lifetime. I just don't really see the point of living if I am not enjoying it and doing what I love to do.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way? I feel the best when I am useful to people or when I am asked for advice or knowledge on a subject and I can provide it successfully. I can't really think of a specific incident that i was at my "Finest" besides my academic accomplishments and just my positive past experiences. Nothing really stands out, I think where I am right now is probably the most accomplished I have every been.

4) What makes you feel inferior? Whenever I don't understand a concept as well as someone else. There is little that embarasses me more than being "called out" on incorrect facts or misunderstanding. I also am incredibly uncomfortable around really overbearing, dominating types. I feel like I always lose my "voice" around this type of person.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.) It really depends on the context of my decisions. I have very specific boundaries that can't be crossed when it comes to people and those boundaries are usually concerned with my aversion to be controlled or forced to do anything. I first need to know that I have the final say in any decision and from there I decide which decision will ultimately lead to the best result. I suppose the best result is determined by how happy I am with it and how efficient my method of getting there is.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome? I usually like to have control over the entire process but this changes if it's a group project. I am most comfortable with setting my own pace and determining what needs to get accomplished to reach the end result. I am more inclined to just take on a small role for group projects.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as? I have a disorganized apartment and a disorganized car. I really don't think I am organized at all except when I am studying for an exam. For school, I have pretty meticulous notes, I organize all the sections of my textbooks using tabs and then I draw a lot of diagrams to visualize the different legal concepts and their components.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I start with the principles behind it and then go from there.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself? If I am close to the people i am interacting with then i think it's very important to be myself but if i am in a new environment and around acquaintances then I tend to just focus on socially acceptable conduct and appealing to other peoples' feelings and expectations.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions? I think before speaking mostly and i prefer group discussions because I feel like they take the burden off of me to make conversation.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
My action speaks way louder than my words. I actually think i can be quite impulsive and sometimes I contradict my words with m actions.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I would probably go out with them

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I get very irritable and uninterested in what anyone is talking about. I become very egocentric and stop caring about the world around me. I get completely obsessed over whatever is stressing me out.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people? I really dislike any people who attempt to control my actions or my opinions. I don't like judgmental or close-mindedness. The biggest thing is when someone lacks any appreciation for experiences outside their ordinary world like different cultures, philosophies or ethical motivations

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people? I love talking about Politics, economics, history, legal topics and anything else like that

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life? I don't own a datebook, I really don't like making a structured plan to do anything. I ignore any sort of organized religion.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality? My friends perceive me as caring and understanding. I have also been told that I am very unpredictable and difficult to read by a number of people. Certain friends have commented about how they are unsure about what my opinions may be regarding specific topics because I don't have any rhyme or reason according to them. I really don't think this is what's going on though. I think I just have very unconventional opinions about topics that people have a difficult time consolidating with the norms of the world.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing? I usually work out, and then I go outside either to the park or the beach and read a book. I just do whatever
My vote is on INFP but being an INTP in your case (especially if the results in your signature is right) isn't much of a stretch and very possible. I do get though much more Fi dominant then Ti dominant but I do see the Ne as a secondary in most your answers so you're INXP I am certain but most likely a bright INFP in my opinion. :)

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
@kikikins
Are you pretty much welcoming to any new people, and rarely judge people in general/seek harmony and getting along with everyone?

Do you have some very harsh judgments toward some where you can't even stand to be around them?

Does the need to express yourself play a significant role in your life?

Do you think that every person has a different, useful perspective to bring?

Are you good at helping friends with their self-development?

Which of these describes you best in this link: Ethics - WSWiki
(The solid black or clear shape?)

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
My vote is on INFP but being an INTP in your case (especially if the results in your signature is right) isn't much of a stretch and very possible. I do get though much more Fi dominant then Ti dominant but I do see the Ne as a secondary in most your answers so you're INXP I am certain but most likely a bright INFP in my opinion. :)
Where do you see Fi dominance in her post, can you show me examples? Because I'm not seeing it really.

Reactions: Near Lawliet

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Promethea
Are you pretty much welcoming to any new people, and rarely judge people in general/seek harmony and getting along with everyone?
I avoid conflict in nearly all situations. If I do have a problem with someone, my grudge doesn't last very long. I definitely try to get along with everyone.

Do you have some very harsh judgments toward some where you can't even stand to be around them?
Sometimes I will but it's never to the point where I don't want to be around them.

Does the need to express yourself play a significant role in your life? Not really, I don't have this constant need to explain myself to people. I am perfectly fine with keeping quiet.

Do you think that every person has a different, useful perspective to bring? It depends on the topic being discussed. If someone has shown that they clearly don't know what they are talking about, I tend to disregard their input on the specific subject at issue. I like to brainstorm things with people who I think are competent and understand. Also, I hate it when someone doesn't seem to appreciate what I have to offer to a discussion. Generally, I do consider everyone's perspective though.

Are you good at helping friends with their self-development? I give good advice I suppose. I have been told that I am wise for my age and really easy to talk to.

Which of these describes you best in this link:

I use both very often but I guess I am closer to extroverted ethics? ?

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
@Promethea These are the examples that strike me as more Fi than Ti:
Part of answer from 1: I sometimes take objective criticism personally but I am comfortable objective point of views to my reasoning.

Part of answer from 2: More generally, it's important for me to be happy with myself and free to pursue my interests during my lifetime.

Part of answer from 3: I feel the best when I am useful to people or when I am asked for advice or knowledge on a subject and I can provide it successfully. (Though this one does show a possible Fe and Ti over Fi but the fact that she wants to be useful to people seems very much Fi compared to say something like "I hope I help someone out" type thinking for Fe).

Answer to 4: Whenever I don't understand a concept as well as someone else. There is little that embarasses me more than being "called out" on incorrect facts or misunderstanding. I also am incredibly uncomfortable around really overbearing, dominating types. I feel like I always lose my "voice" around this type of person. (This seems completely Fi to me and if its not then I don't know what it is.)

Answer to 11: If I am close to the people i am interacting with then i think it's very important to be myself but if i am in a new environment and around acquaintances then I tend to just focus on socially acceptable conduct and appealing to other peoples' feelings and expectations. (Seems close between Fi/Fe but the idea of her considering it to be very important to be herself when interacting is more Fi than Fe).

Answer to 12: I think before speaking mostly and i prefer group discussions because I feel like they take the burden off of me to make conversation.

Answer to 15: I get very irritable and uninterested in what anyone is talking about. I become very egocentric and stop caring about the world around me. I get completely obsessed over whatever is stressing me out. (Stressed out Fi dominant or at least it sounds like it in my opinion).

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
@Promethea
I avoid conflict in nearly all situations. If I do have a problem with someone, my grudge doesn't last very long. I definitely try to get along with everyone.

Sometimes I will but it's never to the point where I don't want to be around them.

Does the need to express yourself play a significant role in your life? Not really, I don't have this constant need to explain myself to people. I am perfectly fine with keeping quiet.

Do you think that every person has a different, useful perspective to bring? It depends on the topic being discussed. If someone has shown that they clearly don't know what they are talking about, I tend to disregard their input on the specific subject at issue. I like to brainstorm things with people who I think are competent and understand. Also, I hate it when someone doesn't seem to appreciate what I have to offer to a discussion. Generally, I do consider everyone's perspective though.

Are you good at helping friends with their self-development? I give good advice I suppose. I have been told that I am wise for my age and really easy to talk to.

Which of these describes you best in this link:

I use both very often but I guess I am closer to extroverted ethics? ?
Just as I thought. You are an intp in mbti and you are an LII in socionics. Of this I am 99 percent certain. I pretty much was before, but I wanted to wait until you answered those questions first.

Reactions: kikikins

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Promethea These are the examples that strike me as more Fi than Ti:
Part of answer from 1: I sometimes take objective criticism personally but I am comfortable objective point of views to my reasoning.

Part of answer from 2: More generally, it's important for me to be happy with myself and free to pursue my interests during my lifetime.

Part of answer from 3: I feel the best when I am useful to people or when I am asked for advice or knowledge on a subject and I can provide it successfully. (Though this one does show a possible Fe and Ti over Fi but the fact that she wants to be useful to people seems very much Fi compared to say something like "I hope I help someone out" type thinking for Fe).

Answer to 4: Whenever I don't understand a concept as well as someone else. There is little that embarasses me more than being "called out" on incorrect facts or misunderstanding. I also am incredibly uncomfortable around really overbearing, dominating types. I feel like I always lose my "voice" around this type of person. (This seems completely Fi to me and if its not then I don't know what it is.)

Answer to 11: If I am close to the people i am interacting with then i think it's very important to be myself but if i am in a new environment and around acquaintances then I tend to just focus on socially acceptable conduct and appealing to other peoples' feelings and expectations. (Seems close between Fi/Fe but the idea of her considering it to be very important to be herself when interacting is more Fi than Fe).

Answer to 12: I think before speaking mostly and i prefer group discussions because I feel like they take the burden off of me to make conversation.

Answer to 15: I get very irritable and uninterested in what anyone is talking about. I become very egocentric and stop caring about the world around me. I get completely obsessed over whatever is stressing me out. (Stressed out Fi dominant or at least it sounds like it in my opinion).

I took a test that measured the percentage of each of the eight dominant functions and it stated that my highest developed functions were (in order of %age developed) Ti, Ne, Fe, Fi. These four were considered "excellent development" and the other four were either "average development" or "weak"

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just as I thought. You are an intp in mbti and you are an LII in socionics. Of this I am 99 percent certain. I pretty much was before, but I wanted to wait until you answered those questions first.
Thanks, I appreciate your help! I think I understand Socionics a little better now after reading up on it.

·
Banned
2,187 Posts
I took a test that measured the percentage of each of the eight dominant functions and it stated that my highest developed functions were (in order of %age developed) Ti, Ne, Fe, Fi. These four were considered "excellent development" and the other four were either "average development" or "weak"
So if Ti-Ne then you are an INTP with a fairly high feeler side that gives off the INFP though still an INTP. That seems reasonable, so INTP for you it is.

Reactions: kikikins

·
Registered
309 Posts
@kikikins I'm not saying you aren't, but I'm really not all that convinced you're an INTP. I will say your post wasn't as Feeling oriented as I would have expected for an INFP, but as @Near Lawliet pointed out you seem to come across as more Fi/inferior Te as opposed to Ti. I should also caution you about the results on your Cognitive Function Test. First, having both Feeling functions in your top 4 would likely suggest that you're probably not a Thinking type (T-dominant). Secondly, although I'm an INFP, on cognitive Function tests I also used to score relatively high on Ti. I like math, which is a highly logical subject. So whenever I would come across a question that measured Ti I would be thinking "Yeah, I like to analyze shit..". I suspect that because you're involved with logical pursuits this may also be the case for you. As an Fi dominant I do enjoy logical endeavors, but logic as a means for controlling my ego just doesn't fly. To use a couple instances from my life, when I was 14 I had a lot of fun learning how to solve the Rubik's cube, but when it came time to decide which college I wanted to go to I was completely void of any type of logic. I chose my school simply because it felt right for seemingly vague reasons. I didn't really bother to listen to anyone else's input, which probably made a lot more sense. Your hobbies and what you do for a living aren't always the best indicator of type.

I hope this helps. You should definitely reconsider INFP or even ENFP. These articles may be of assistance:

http://personalitycafe.com/infp-articles/76770-recognizing-inferior-function-ifps.html
http://personalitycafe.com/intp-articles/76783-recognizing-inferior-function-intp.html
http://personalitycafe.com/enfp-articles/76803-recognizing-inferior-function-enfps.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts