Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MBTI:
I have gotten INFJ-T on the 16personalities test each time over a span of like 5 years (taken it 5 or 6 times)
Got INTJ on the Keys2Cognition test
Got INFP while being typed by a few people on here

Recently the breakdown was:
63% introverted, 66% intuitive, 51% feeling, 56% judging, 76% turbulent.
Honestly...don't know which I relate to the most. I relate to aspects of all. Which I know doesn't make sense, because you can't be 2 or 3 types at once. But I don't know how much I agree with MBTI (nor do I know everything about it)

Ennaegram results:
type 4 98% match
type 8 97% match
type 6 86% match
type 5 79% match
type 3 72% match
type 2 68% match
type 7 58% match
type 1 48% match
type 9 47% match

I know that tests aren't very good for getting accurate results (also because we become so self-aware when we take them and can even manipulate our results- although I try to be as honest as I can)

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
INTJ
284 Posts
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
1) I think it's that I struggled with deciding on whether I'm more of a thinker or a feeler. I think I am more subjective overall so I'll go with feeler a bit more. But sometimes I do find myself really trying to find logic in my emotions/ in other people's. Sometimes I just really don't accept them the way they are. But I think my personality can be kind of volatile. I am sure I am more on the introverted side and more of an intuitive, but I strugged with the thinking vs feeling. I think I am more Fi than Fe though. But I relate to both Ti and Te. But if I have more Fi than that would mean that I also have better developed Te than Ti..so I don't know. Also not sure about Ni/ Ne or Si/ Se I took this test to see what my stronger functions are and posted about it in 2017 My cognitive functions are ALL OVER THE PLACE? This post also talks about some of the things I still think today (not being able to really settle on a type) I had kind of stopped reading about MBTI in between because I couldn't really settle on a type or accept one as mine fully but just recently I got curious again

2) I yearn for truly and completely accepting myself and being happy. My mind is my worst enemy. I've discovered that. Sometimes it feels like I just don't allow myself to be happy. Being surrounded by my loved ones is also of indescribable value to me and their well being. And I really want to find success which would also contribute to being more confident. I just want to feel very secure in myself and my life.

3) Finest...hmmm...honestly I find my mind always going back to moments where I felt some sort of triumph. Like when I won competitions/ was a harder worker (than I am today)/ was successful. Also moments where I handled situations well or had really really good conversations. I replay these moments a lot and sometimes even imagine them being broadcasted as if I was a celebrity or youtuber. Lately, because I critique myself so much and haven't been appreciating myself so much, I think I keep going back to these moments and feeling good. Also, definitely being surrounded by my family and the connections that are of so much value to me. That makes me feel the finest. Also, moments of feeling so happy, so self-accepting, so confident that I feel nothing can really affect me or rub me the wrong way. I remember once a few years ago I had this high one day (for no reason) and I felt so happy, so confident, so accepting of myself and then it kind of faded away and I went back to normal. And this was just on a random day. Normally I feel neutral, not really self-hating per se, just not as light as I want to feel. I want to get back the childlike resilience and candidness. As I've grown up I find myself to be SO self- aware and self- critical.

4) Inferior....I think when I don't handle myself in a way that I like. When I lack self confidence. Even if the situation or argument isn't even favorable (as in I don't "win" per se), if I handle myself in a way that is true to me, in a way that I like, then I feel fine. But there are some times when I don't handle myself in a way that I like as much and I think back and that makes me feel inferior. Also, my level of success/ accomplishments. If it's not as much as I want it to be, I feel inferior.

5) I think I think about all of those things. I do think about myself and how I feel about it a lot, what I want. I also think about pro/ cons. If it's a situation that affects other people or involves other people directly, I do think about what they feel/ think. But if it's just regarding me/ my life, I don't really factor it in. I do think about my family a lot because that's of value to me, not necessarily because they ask me to/ want me to. As in if I was considering moving somewhere, I'd think about them/ how far away I'd be/ etc. In the end, I also need to have a good "gut feeling" while making decisions. In terms of decisions like choosing a "side" or point of view on controversial things in the news etc, I don't really take how other people feel into my decision. I choose what feels right to me and what I truly support but I like to be very well-informed and have a supported decision so that I can back it up well.

6) In group projects in school I always took on a more leadership role because I used to be very studious/ grades-focused and sometimes didn't trust others' opinions/ ideas as much if they didn't care as much. I would also often have kind of a vision of how I want to do it. I do like kind of doing things the way I like but I don't like being rude about it so I can work well in a group if I have to. But I have to care about the project at hand. There were some projects where I honestly didn't really care about it and left more of the planning up to others who wanted to take it on. But I do like to have some say in decision making. When I did theatre projects in high school, I was always the scriptwriter/ director of our group. I do like having control of the outcome. Not always, but most of the time, yeah. But I also do factor in others' opinions/ try to make it a group effort too. Basically, I need to have a say in some things, not EVERY thing. I am also usually one to think of ideas and contribute them because I am naturally kind of curious. So if we're working on something I do start brainstorming a little.

7) I had a lot of fun going to an escape room recently for the first time!! I loved all of the little challenges and figuring things out. I liked the slight ego boost from finishing it within an hour and getting out. I love things like mazes/ escape rooms/ games but I barely actually do them. Most of the time I actually just stay at home when I have free time and watch something/ browse online or go for a walk/ cafe/ mall and I like these things too but I remember I got a high from doing something different like the escape room. I like things that are a bit challenging or competitive and I do like doing them with a group.

8) I think theorizing is the most natural for me. Hands-on...sometimes depending on the matter. Sometimes just plain memorizing if there is no way to logically understand whatever it is I have to memorize (or it would be way too time consuming to). But most of the time I like understanding/ visualizing and that helps me remember it along with pure repetition.

9) Organized type of messy haha. I am pretty organized and neat with items that are important. I do usually keep them safely and in an organized manner. But in my day to day life, I'm kind of messy. But in a way that is consistent so I can understand it. I am messy, but not dirty. I just do let things lie around and clutter but I do like kitchens/ bathrooms to be clean. But I am the type who would leave a book or magazine on the couch for like 1 month or more even before putting it back where it belongs. But when it comes to things that are very imp/ irreplaceable, I have to be super super organized and know where it is or I get anxious. Otherwise, I don't mind clutter at all.

10) New ideas..I try to see if it make sense first. I need to understand the principles. I can't just accept it if it doesn't make sense to me. And then if it does I need to also find information that supports it. Sometimes, if it's something I am a little biased about, I search more for information that supports it rather than the former but I also need for it to make sense.

11) By following what I believe in and being myself for sure. I also do want others' to feel confident and good and I do try to read them often (or I find myself just kind of picking up on what they feel) but I think to be able to create the best relationship with anyone, I need to be myself and believe in what I say/ do. If there is a conflict, I would talk it out and try to resolve it or just say how I feel/ see how they feel. But I can't accept the situation if I haven't really been able to express myself in an honest way.

12) I actually do think before I speak I think. Especially because I am so self aware, ever since maybe my early 20s especially. Sometimes, if its a heated argument or I'm just emotional, I do really speak w/o thinking. The type of things I say would still probably be the same even if I think before I speak, it's just I would take a moment to word it in a better way and less offensive way. But sometimes that's hard. But when it comes to more serious matters- I am usually one to think before I speak because I don't want to embarrass myself and I want to be taken seriously. That's mainly in things like political debates/ related to history/ science, etc. And also with people I don't know as well often or in front of multiple people. In conversations with people I know more and one-on-one, I am definitely someone who probably speaks as I think and I can be pretty candid. But overall I think I do think before I speak/ act because I am the kind of person who stops to consider who I am talking to/ what type of environment or relationship it is/ what I want to show of myself. I am the type to have different sides around different people just a bit. Not different personalities overall per se but just different sides/ nuances. I do consider what this type of environment/ person has seen of me so far and what they're expecting to see. I try to balance that with being honest. So I say what I want to say but it might pass through a different filter.
I definitely prefer one on one conversations because I really like deeper conversations and you can go deeper in to one topic in a one on one conversation. Group conversations might be more loud/ exciting but because so many people are contributing their ideas and speaking, the topic just changes faster and I am someone who likes to talk more in depth about some things before moving on. I am kind of a wordy person and I feel like I have a lot of things to say on topics that interest me. I am pretty talkative with people I'm comfortable with. Usually people tell me things like "you seem quiet from afar but you're actually talkative". I am introverted but I'm talkative when I'm with people I know a bit or even if I don't know them well, as long as I feel some comfort around them. I know that introversion/ extraversion isn't really to do with quiet/talkative anyway but more about where you derive energy from and when you are more comfortable. Anyway, I do like one on one conversations way more, sometimes light-hearted in nature, sometimes more deep. Group conversations or parties with people I don't know that well make me feel kind of socially awkward and weird (as in not relaxed), but I also find them kind of exciting in a way, like I like to take on a certain role in them or think about how I want to portray myself/ say and act in a certain way/ see how people react to me.

13) I don't jump in right away unless it just feels right to me. Then I really don't mind. If in some way, even if my thinking or feeling isn't linear, but some way or another, it just feels right to me. Then it's okay, I don't mind jumping in. Otherwise, no. I do like to form an idea about whatever it is I'm jumping into. Actions do speak more than words to me most of the time. But I do pay attention to words too. I can hang onto words a lot actually. Especially if they're negative. I don't forget easily. But I do overall look more at how someone treats me actions wise and what they're actions mean. I analyze such situations a lot though. Going back and forth between words and actions. Said behavior and unsaid behavior.

14) I would probably go because I don't mind impromptu plans and I do like going out here and there since I am an introvert/ homebody most of the time. I like going out every now and then so I would probably get up and get ready and go. But if my mood is just down, I probably wouldn't. I usually don't have the energy to get ready and go if I'm just feeling kind of low.

15) I can get super super anxious but I also take addressing it very seriously and I strongly do believe our thoughts and intentions influence what happens. So whatever it is that is making me anxious, I try to sit down and close my eyes and say things that I want to happen/ will make me happy. List out things I'm grateful for/ envision what I want. Write it out sometimes. When I'm stressed out I look inwards. I can't usually go out and go places. I like to be at home, in an environment that makes me feel better, and just try to relax and be positive. When I'm stressed out I get even more spiritual than on a day to day basis. I need to because I'm bad at managing stress and it's what makes me feel calmer and in control. Also, I mentally like to take my mind off things a lot if it's lighter stress. Watch something, watch something light-hearted, just distract myself. I need a lot of mental distraction too to let go of things. When I'm super stressed my appetite usually isn't as good.

16) I dislike people who are fake. Even if someone is openly rude, I can take that more than fake behavior. I don't like fakeness, people who just don't seem trustworthy. Those are the types of personalities I can't like. Even though I'm sure I have also come across that way at some point. I also dislike being around people who are super super negative or closeminded. I don't hate them really, I just hate being around them.

17) I like talking about astrology related stuff a lot actually. Because I've done some reading into it and find it very interesting/ just fun to talk about. Analyzing situations, people. Exchanging ideas about those things. Sometimes discussing philosophical ideas, thoughts, behaviors. Talking about things like places, favorite shows, movies, music, food too can be fun and more light-hearted. Doesn't always have to be a serious discussion. I like conversations that aren't always serious but are thought-provoking in some way. I also like humorous conversations a lot.

18) I actually don't watch the news much or pay attention to politics. I know what's going on, I google specific things to be informed. I do like to stay informed and make informed decisions about things (like when it comes to voting for instance) or when it comes to injustices or imp causes, I make sure I know what's going on. I just don't focus on politics that much or watch/read the news everyday.

19) I think they perceive me as a real type of person and both talkative, lively, caring but also a bit private, withdrawn maybe. Something wrong about their perception...I don't know honestly. I feel like most of them see me for what I am but maybe they just see part of me or half of me. Because we all have inner thoughts/ ideas that we don't always express but I am someone who likes being as honest as I can. They would probably not say that I'm low in self confidence though I am I think. I think I could be more self confident. I don't know if they'd never say it, but I think it's not the first thing that would come to their mind. I think people think I'm more sure of myself than I am actually.

20) I would realistically just watch something at home, eat something, go for a walk, maybe go out to a cafe or a restaurant. I love spending time in nature so something like that. That's what really energizes me and makes me feel good. But what I would also want to do is maybe something like go to an escape room, a giant maze, a trampoline park, roller skating, swimming, boating, a carnival, an amusement park. I like things that are very child-like and also a little different or challenging. Realistically, I find these types of things online and bookmark them way more than I actually go. But that's also my type of fun.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
posted the result above thanks

·
Registered
INTJ
284 Posts
2) I yearn for truly and completely accepting myself and being happy. My mind is my worst enemy. I've discovered that. Sometimes it feels like I just don't allow myself to be happy. Being surrounded by my loved ones is also of indescribable value to me and their well being. And I really want to find success which would also contribute to being more confident. I just want to feel very secure in myself and my life.
So obviously this is F, but I want to say it leans Fe in that you have trouble understanding/accepting yourself. That suggests you get your values from others or from a group. Fi has it's own set of what it goes by and is generally stubborn about it.

3) Finest...hmmm...honestly I find my mind always going back to moments where I felt some sort of triumph. Like when I won competitions/ was a harder worker (than I am today)/ was successful. Also moments where I handled situations well or had really really good conversations. I replay these moments a lot and sometimes even imagine them being broadcasted as if I was a celebrity or youtuber. Lately, because I critique myself so much and haven't been appreciating myself so much, I think I keep going back to these moments and feeling good. Also, definitely being surrounded by my family and the connections that are of so much value to me. That makes me feel the finest. Also, moments of feeling so happy, so self-accepting, so confident that I feel nothing can really affect me or rub me the wrong way. I remember once a few years ago I had this high one day (for no reason) and I felt so happy, so confident, so accepting of myself and then it kind of faded away and I went back to normal. And this was just on a random day. Normally I feel neutral, not really self-hating per se, just not as light as I want to feel. I want to get back the childlike resilience and candidness. As I've grown up I find myself to be SO self- aware and self- critical.
As much as you wrote there is still a vague sense to this. Because it is implying you are under stress now so you might be prioritizing things differently than normal. Could read anything from this.

4) Inferior....I think when I don't handle myself in a way that I like. When I lack self confidence. Even if the situation or argument isn't even favorable (as in I don't "win" per se), if I handle myself in a way that is true to me, in a way that I like, then I feel fine. But there are some times when I don't handle myself in a way that I like as much and I think back and that makes me feel inferior. Also, my level of success/ accomplishments. If it's not as much as I want it to be, I feel inferior.
This sounds like Fi. Which means the interpretation of the first question is you are hyper concerned with your belief system which is causing you trouble, apart from what other people think.

5) I think I think about all of those things. I do think about myself and how I feel about it a lot, what I want. I also think about pro/ cons. If it's a situation that affects other people or involves other people directly, I do think about what they feel/ think. But if it's just regarding me/ my life, I don't really factor it in. I do think about my family a lot because that's of value to me, not necessarily because they ask me to/ want me to. As in if I was considering moving somewhere, I'd think about them/ how far away I'd be/ etc. In the end, I also need to have a good "gut feeling" while making decisions. In terms of decisions like choosing a "side" or point of view on controversial things in the news etc, I don't really take how other people feel into my decision. I choose what feels right to me and what I truly support but I like to be very well-informed and have a supported decision so that I can back it up well.
Fi. So far you are very feeling in all your judging.

6) In group projects in school I always took on a more leadership role because I used to be very studious/ grades-focused and sometimes didn't trust others' opinions/ ideas as much if they didn't care as much. I would also often have kind of a vision of how I want to do it. I do like kind of doing things the way I like but I don't like being rude about it so I can work well in a group if I have to. But I have to care about the project at hand. There were some projects where I honestly didn't really care about it and left more of the planning up to others who wanted to take it on. But I do like to have some say in decision making. When I did theatre projects in high school, I was always the scriptwriter/ director of our group. I do like having control of the outcome. Not always, but most of the time, yeah. But I also do factor in others' opinions/ try to make it a group effort too. Basically, I need to have a say in some things, not EVERY thing. I am also usually one to think of ideas and contribute them because I am naturally kind of curious. So if we're working on something I do start brainstorming a little.
There are lots of ways to read this. You could just be Fi dominant and have an ego about how things should be done. You could be INTJ/ENTJ/ESTJ and just have to control things because only you would think things through the most logically or are the only possible person with any vision in a sea of lemmings. Hard to say which for certain.

7) I had a lot of fun going to an escape room recently for the first time!! I loved all of the little challenges and figuring things out. I liked the slight ego boost from finishing it within an hour and getting out. I love things like mazes/ escape rooms/ games but I barely actually do them. Most of the time I actually just stay at home when I have free time and watch something/ browse online or go for a walk/ cafe/ mall and I like these things too but I remember I got a high from doing something different like the escape room. I like things that are a bit challenging or competitive and I do like doing them with a group.
I could see you being an E since you bring up groups/socializing a lot in this questionnaire.

8) I think theorizing is the most natural for me. Hands-on...sometimes depending on the matter. Sometimes just plain memorizing if there is no way to logically understand whatever it is I have to memorize (or it would be way too time consuming to). But most of the time I like understanding/ visualizing and that helps me remember it along with pure repetition.
So all of them.

10) New ideas..I try to see if it make sense first. I can't just accept it if it doesn't make sense to me. And then if it does I need to also find information that supports it. Sometimes, if it's something I am a little biased about, I search more for information that supports it rather than the former but I also need for it to make sense.
Yeah I'm definitely seeing Fi dominant or at least auxiliary. It's like all of your judging questions.

11) By following what I believe in and being myself for sure. I also do want others' to feel confident and good and I do try to read them often (or I find myself just kind of picking up on what they feel) but I think to be able to create the best relationship with anyone, I need to be myself and believe in what I say/ do. If there is a conflict, I would talk it out and try to resolve it or just say how I feel/ see how they feel. But I can't accept the situation if I haven't really been able to express myself in an honest way.
Fi again

12) I actually do think before I speak I think. Especially because I am so self aware, ever since maybe my early 20s especially. Sometimes, if its a heated argument or I'm just emotional, I do really speak w/o thinking. The type of things I say would still probably be the same even if I think before I speak, it's just I would take a moment to word it in a better way and less offensive way. But sometimes that's hard. But when it comes to more serious matters- I am usually one to think before I speak because I don't want to embarrass myself and I want to be taken seriously. That's mainly in things like political debates/ related to history/ science, etc. And also with people I don't know as well often or in front of multiple people. In conversations with people I know more and one-on-one, I am definitely someone who probably speaks as I think and I can be pretty candid. But overall I think I do think before I speak/ act because I am the kind of person who stops to consider who I am talking to/ what type of environment or relationship it is/ what I want to show of myself. I am the type to have different sides around different people just a bit. Not different personalities overall per se but just different sides/ nuances. I do consider what this type of environment/ person has seen of me so far and what they're expecting to see. I try to balance that with being honest. So I say what I want to say but it might pass through a different filter.
I definitely prefer one on one conversations because I really like deeper conversations and you can go deeper in to one topic in a one on one conversation. Group conversations might be more loud/ exciting but because so many people are contributing their ideas and speaking, the topic just changes faster and I am someone who likes to talk more in depth about some things before moving on. I am kind of a wordy person and I feel like I have a lot of things to say on topics that interest me. I am pretty talkative with people I'm comfortable with. Usually people tell me things like "you seem quiet from afar but you're actually talkative". I am introverted but I'm talkative when I'm with people I know a bit or even if I don't know them well, as long as I feel some comfort around them. I know that introversion/ extraversion isn't really to do with quiet/talkative anyway but more about where you derive energy from and when you are more comfortable. Anyway, I do like one on one conversations way more, sometimes light-hearted in nature, sometimes more deep. Group conversations or parties with people I don't know that well make me feel kind of socially awkward and weird (as in not relaxed), but I also find them kind of exciting in a way, like I like to take on a certain role in them or think about how I want to portray myself/ say and act in a certain way/ see how people react to me.
Okay so definitely I.

13) I don't jump in right away unless it just feels right to me. Then I really don't mind. If in some way, even if my thinking or feeling isn't linear, but some way or another, it just feels right to me. Then it's okay, I don't mind jumping in. Otherwise, no. I do like to form an idea about whatever it is I'm jumping into. Actions do speak more than words to me most of the time. But I do pay attention to words too. I can hang onto words a lot actually. Especially if they're negative. I don't forget easily. But I do overall look more at how someone treats me actions wise and what they're actions mean. I analyze such situations a lot though. Going back and forth between words and actions. Said behavior and unsaid behavior.
So at this point I'm between ISFP and INFP so you know.

16) I dislike people who are fake. Even if someone is openly rude, I can take that more than fake behavior. I don't like fakeness, people who just don't seem trustworthy. Those are the types of personalities I can't like. Even though I'm sure I have also come across that way at some point. I also dislike being around people who are super super negative or closeminded. I don't hate them really, I just hate being around them.
Fi

17) I like talking about astrology related stuff a lot actually. Because I've done some reading into it and find it very interesting/ just fun to talk about. Analyzing situations, people. Exchanging ideas about those things. Sometimes discussing philosophical ideas, thoughts, behaviors. Talking about things like places, favorite shows, movies, music, food too can be fun and more light-hearted. Doesn't always have to be a serious discussion. I like conversations that aren't always serious but are thought-provoking in some way. I also like humorous conversations a lot.
could be N or S

18) I actually don't watch the news much or pay attention to politics. I know what's going on, I google specific things to be informed. I do like to stay informed and make informed decisions about things (like when it comes to voting for instance) or when it comes to injustices or imp causes, I make sure I know what's going on. I just don't focus on politics that much or watch/read the news everyday.
This makes me guess not N.

20) I would realistically just watch something at home, eat something, go for a walk, maybe go out to a cafe or a restaurant. I love spending time in nature so something like that. That's what really energizes me and makes me feel good. But what I would also want to do is maybe something like go to an escape room, a giant maze, a trampoline park, roller skating, swimming, boating, a carnival, an amusement park. I like things that are also very child-like and challenging maybe. Realistically, I find these types of things online and bookmark them way more than I actually go. But that's also my type of fun.
This makes me guess Se. All of these things are physically stimulating.

My guess for you would be ISFP. Like absolutely for sure you are Fi dominant, and probably an Se type of person based on your answer to the perception questions being very physically involved. I know you are going to contend me on this because you say you know for sure you are an introverted intuitive. So I would like to know what about you makes you think you are an intuitive type. And it would be Ne to be INFP as opposed to your ISFP Ni tertiary.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So obviously this is F, but I want to say it leans Fe in that you have trouble understanding/accepting yourself. That suggests you get your values from others or from a group. Fi has it's own set of what it goes by and is generally stubborn about it.

As much as you wrote there is still a vague sense to this. Because it is implying you are under stress now so you might be prioritizing things differently than normal. Could read anything from this.

This sounds like Fi. Which means the interpretation of the first question is you are hyper concerned with your belief system which is causing you trouble, apart from what other people think.

There are lots of ways to read this. You could just be Fi dominant and have an ego about how things should be done. You could be INTJ/ENTJ/ESTJ and just have to control things because only you would think things through the most logically or are the only possible person with any vision in a sea of lemmings. Hard to say which for certain.

I could see you being an E since you bring up groups/socializing a lot in this questionnaire.

So all of them.

Yeah I'm definitely seeing Fi dominant or at least auxiliary. It's like all of your judging questions.

Fi again

Okay so definitely I.

Fi

could be N or S

My guess for you would be ISFP. Like absolutely for sure you are Fi dominant, and probably an Se type of person based on your answer to the perception questions being very physically involved. I know you are going to contend me on this because you say you know for sure you are an introverted intuitive. So I would like to know what about you makes you think you are an intuitive type. And it would be Ne to be INFP as opposed to your ISFP Ni tertiary.
Thanks for your input! I've always felt like someone who reads between the lines, searches for patterns, hidden meanings. I do rely a lot on what I see of someone/ something, even if the day to day actions don't align at all. Like I remember when I was in 8th grade, the girl who used to sit next to me in class, I observed the slightly different way she acted around another guy in our class (during an interaction that was just like 1 minute long). Based on just no real idea, I assumed she liked him. Later she said that she did. I also often have gut feelings and then I see that they are true but I can't explain why really. None of these things are the best examples really. Maybe I am more ISFP, could be.

I do believe in things that you can't see/ touch/ feel/ are proven by science.

I have a sense of humor that is kind of quirky and weird, people tell me its different. I make a lot of movie references in ways that they don't really relate to the situation at all directly. I say a lot of random things. My mind jumps from thing to thing very quickly. I don't know if this relates directly with N vs S

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

So all of them.

Fi again

Okay so definitely I.

Fi

could be N or S

I actually find myself often zoning out of my surroundings a lot and even conversations. I also rely heavily on memories/ sensations and remember them more strongly sometimes than my surroundings. Is that more Si?

·
Registered
INTJ
284 Posts
Both. Introverted intuition is a goal focused vision based one. Extraverted intuition is more about fetishizing new things and constantly coming up with new ways to do things.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Both. Introverted intuition is a goal focused vision based one. Extraverted intuition is more about fetishizing new things and constantly coming up with new ways to do things.
Can you give me some everyday examples of them? I relate more to Ni than Ne I believe

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The thing is I live in my mind way more than through external experiences. Those Se hobbies I've mentioned are things I've either just done once or none at all in the last 6 years though I've been interested throughout. Most of the time I find myself just so withdrawn to actually productively go out and do it. I enjoy it but I don't end up doing it as much as sitting around/ daydreaming/ watching something/ browsing online. I live out experiences in my mind way more and often think of completely unrealistic situations (like having a completely different life) and I envision them down to small details.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does intuition in MBTI terms have anything to do with intuition in the typical sense? "Sixth sense", "gut feelings". Does Ni/Ne have more to do with this than Si/Se?

·
Registered
INTJ
284 Posts
Ni would be the kind of person to see things are either serving a purpose or not because it sees an end goal and how things could be related to or not related to reaching it. Ne would be the kind of person who constantly wants to start new projects. Ne I've also seen correlate heavily with degeneracy in general since they want to try all the things whether they are taboo or not.

Does intuition in MBTI terms have anything to do with intuition in the typical sense? "Sixth sense", "gut feelings". Does Ni/Ne have more to do with this than Si/Se?
Could be. Can also be Fi. Fi has a lot of correlation with gut feelings.

And those Se things were the things you specifically said energized you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ni would be the kind of person to see things are either serving a purpose or not because it sees an end goal and how things could be related to or not related to reaching it. Ne would be the kind of person who constantly wants to start new projects. Ne I've also seen correlate heavily with degeneracy in general since they want to try all the things whether they are taboo or not.

Could be. Can also be Fi. Fi has a lot of correlation with gut feelings.

And those Se things were the things you specifically said energized you.
Oh yes, I did say going out in nature energizes me. True. And the other things also do energize me. Me not doing them much as I want to is probably more related to being busy and relying on doing familiar things whenever I am free.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

So all of them.

Fi again

Okay so definitely I.

Fi

could be N or S

To be honest I'm realizing now that I probably didn't read toooo much into I vs S. I did read some descriptions but it was one of the aspects that I just took for granted, like "I'm definitely an intuitive, I know that for sure". I guess one of the reasons is that on every personality test I took I got an NF or NT result and while checking my cognitive functions I had high Ni/ somewhat high Ne if I recall. Another reason, I think I considered being an intuitive superior to being an observer and so I recalled moments where people have described me as intuitive/ I have felt intuitive and used that to support it as well. I used to read on Ne vs Ni but not much on being a sensor vs intuitive because I just took it as something that I know for sure, in the same vein as knowing I'm an introvert. Maybe I'm not an intuitive...feels kind of painful to say that haha. But maybe I'm not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts