Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious as to what most of ISTP Enneagram results were.

It seems as though many people do not bother with the Enneagram (for whatever reasons). However, I think that needs to change. The Enneagram forums are not nearly as posted on as the MBTI ones.

If you don't know, please look up what the Enneagram is. I have posted about it before at this link: Helpful Information On The Enneagram: Websites, Demonstrations, and Tests

If you just don't like the Enneagram, please explain. Any and all thoughts pertaining to this information is welcomed.

I have posted this on other forums as well.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
ISTP 9w8. More specific in my signature. I've been really into Enneagram for a year now. Currently doing my own project on tritypes.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
If you just don't like the Enneagram, please explain.
Underdocumented and overall strikes me as something less concrete than MBTI, rather than something complimentary. Instead it reminds me of some sort of mythical tarot stuff.

For all I know it may, or may not be accurate, correct, or useful at the end of the day - I personally don't see its use per se.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Seems alright, but not as well defined as it could be. Type's in my signature.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Three is a thread on this already. if i find it i will be sure to give you the link.
I have observed that most ISTPs will test as 5 or 6 and sometimes 9. Most ISTP 9's will test as 9w8.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Underdocumented and overall strikes me as something less concrete than MBTI, rather than something complimentary. Instead it reminds me of some sort of mythical tarot stuff.

For all I know it may, or may not be accurate, correct, or useful at the end of the day - I personally don't see its use per se.
I feel that a lot of people feel this way. I don't know, but it may be because it is a little bit more difficult and involved to understand. Maybe people just don't like it out of ignorance, but I understand what you mean. There isn't much on it, and it is a shame. However, I think that is because people aren't too sure about it. Just like anything else, it is going to take a while to fully understand as a concept. I have hope for it.

Seems alright, but not as well defined as it could be. Type's in my signature.
There definitely needs to be a more precise way of gathering information on the Enneagram. I'm hoping to gather info on it and eventually to share the information and sources in some sort of efficient and useful way.

Three is a thread on this already. if i find it i will be sure to give you the link.
I have observed that most ISTPs will test as 5 or 6 and sometimes 9. Most ISTP 9's will test as 9w8.
Thanks. I would love to see the link.

·
Registered
697 Posts
The Enneagram tritype I scored on the test I took is 5w6, 3w2, 8w9. However, I'm not sure how accurate that is. I think I have more Type 9 than my tritype lets on. I haven't really looked into it much.

If I didn't think it'd be a flop, I wouldn't mind seeing a SLOAN sub-forum. SLOAN personality indexing/analysis is horrifyingly under documented, though.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
The Enneagram tritype I scored on the test I took is 5w6, 3w2, 8w9. However, I'm not sure how accurate that is. I think I have more Type 9 than my tritype lets on. I haven't really looked into it much.
That's generally the same score I get on the tritype test. I have a heavy 8 wing, and it always freaks those tests out.

Reactions: NotedBook300

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I disagree with most of what is written about the enneagram. I have my own understanding of it which I know is accurate, however I know how hard it would be to go up against the popular misconceptions. So I don't bother.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

If I didn't think it'd be a flop, I wouldn't mind seeing a SLOAN sub-forum. SLOAN personality indexing/analysis is horrifyingly under documented, though.
It takes some fine-tuning. Perhaps you are a 9w8 vs. a 8w9. I would recommend looking into it. Ultimately, it's the research that provides your true type, not the tests. Think of the tests as mere guidelines.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
5w6. I have no people skills.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I disagree with most of what is written about the enneagram. I have my own understanding of it which I know is accurate, however I know how hard it would be to go up against the popular misconceptions. So I don't bother.
So I have seen. I didn't think it was such a controversial subject. I think people fear what they don't know.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi there. I'm an odd ISTP. Not many like me. ;)

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
"Oh, pardon me BlueGiraffe. My keyboard was upside down."
Hahah.

Yes. Of course. Upside down >.> <.< That is what we will tell any feelers who want to join our exclusive society :)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Hahah.

Yes. Of course. Upside down >.> <.< That is what we will tell any feelers who want to join our exclusive society :)
No, no. We don't discriminate because they are Feelers. We just require a dominance of Thinking.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts