Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious as to what most of INFJ Enneagram results were.

It seems as though many people do not bother with the Enneagram (for whatever reasons). However, I think that needs to change. The Enneagram forums are not nearly as posted on as the MBTI ones.

If you don't know, please look up what the Enneagram is. I have posted about it before at this link: Helpful Information On The Enneagram: Websites, Demonstrations, and Tests

If you just don't like the Enneagram, please explain. Any and all thoughts pertaining to this information is welcomed.

I have posted this on other forums as well.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I love the enneagram and have learned a lot from it. I now enjoy learning about the enneagram and typing people in that system more the Myers-Briggs.

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention I'm a core 4w3, but that is obvious in my signature.:)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hey INTJ's quit taking advantage of our Fe when you write 'please help' as the title of your thread you know we are bound to come hopping along lol :tongue:

That aside I consider the enneagram thing a waste of time really, taken it multiple times and always get different results, plus I am virtually everywhere on it.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
MBTI is just simpler to think about than everything else. I know my type (9), but I'm not that concerned with learning other peoples types because I haven't memorized all the numbers and combinations and everything. I don't feel like messing with all these wings and tritypes. It's just too much.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Hey INTJ's quit taking advantage of our Fe when you write 'please help' as the title of your thread you know we are bound to come hopping along lol :tongue:

That aside I consider the enneagram thing a waste of time really, taken it multiple times and always get different results, plus I am virtually everywhere on it.
the please help lol. Yeah, I felt a sense of urgency

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Most of the Enneagram results for INFJs are usually 4, 6, 9, 2 (we have mostly 4's and 6's on this forum). I am a 6w5 myself.

I do agree though, that Enneagram is actually useful. However, it is very complex, and it took me more than several months to really start understanding MBTI and cognitive functions. I plan to get cracking on Enneagram studying soon, but it's difficult to know where to start - it's a much deeper system.

Frankly, I don't think many people are willing to bother with that amount of complexity, which might explain the lack of postings in the forum. Plus, I think it's easier to talk about different topics under a more general structure (MBTI). Enneagram pretty much explains everything anyways! :p

·
Registered
852 Posts
I love the idea of enneagram, but can never type myself to my satisfaction. I actually often have doubts about my MBTI type as well. When I've taken enneagram tests, I've scored, 4,5,6,1, and 9. Hence my confusion!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I was trying to think of a title that most people would click on... and it seems that it worked. :)

As for the difficulty with Enneagram... if you score all over, it is most likely that you are getting your tritype. I find a lot of people are confused by it and, therefore, reject it. It takes some time to fully understand the Enneagram system, but when you figure it out it is really fascinating and overall helpful.

MBTI is just simpler to think about than everything else. I know my type (9), but I'm not that concerned with learning other peoples types because I haven't memorized all the numbers and combinations and everything. I don't feel like messing with all these wings and tritypes. It's just too much.
I feel that a lot of people scared away from the depth of the Enneagram. In reality, though, once you understand the main concepts, you pretty much can get the hang of it really quickly. In a sense, you could liken the Enneagram to fractions in math.

Most of the Enneagram results for INFJs are usually 4, 6, 9, 2 (we have mostly 4's and 6's on this forum). I am a 6w5 myself.

I do agree though, that Enneagram is actually useful. However, it is very complex, and it took me more than several months to really start understanding MBTI and cognitive functions. I plan to get cracking on Enneagram studying soon, but it's difficult to know where to start - it's a much deeper system.

Frankly, I don't think many people are willing to bother with that amount of complexity, which might explain the lack of postings in the forum. Plus, I think it's easier to talk about different topics under a more general structure (MBTI). Enneagram pretty much explains everything anyways! :p
I completely agree. It seems like a lot of people have that mentality of not wanting to deal with the complexity of something when there is something more simple you can use. However, they are missing out. Someone explained in my other threads very beautifully that:
MBTI = information processing
Enneagram = motivation, purpose, target, ambition

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the idea of enneagram, but can never type myself to my satisfaction. I actually often have doubts about my MBTI type as well. When I've taken enneagram tests, I've scored, 4,5,6,1, and 9. Hence my confusion!
A lot of people are confused when they get different results. For me, I would always get a mix of 6, 5, 4, 1, 9. However, I decided to just research why I kept getting different results. That led me to tritypes. It seems all confusing, but once you get it, you really get it.

I would suggest looking at the link I posted. It provides some good information that is fairly simple to understand.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I actually enjoy the Enneagram, and find it enormously useful, particularly in regards to being able to tell the difference between a healthy version of my type and an unhealthy, and the spectrum between the extremes. I do admit to feeling more comfortable with interpreting and using the MBTI.

Frankly, I simply do not have the time or energy to add another online forum to my list. I do periodically explore other boards on the forum, the INTJ board among them, and even post occasionally, but ultimately it is just too much.

My type, by the way, is 9w1. I have taken the test several times and read various descriptions, and feel quite comfortable with that designation.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1w2 here.
I've only mainly come up as 1w2, 5w6, and 2w1.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,507 Posts
I'd like to study ennegram more. I mainly just lurk in the ennagram forum but I made a post in there recently and actually came to the conclusion that I'm 2w1, 5w6, 1w9 (instead of 9w1) after an INFJ pointed it out to me in there. I don't feel comfortable posting in there that much because I don't know THAT much about it, just the basics. I am starting to get a better feel for it though as I read more about it. I think it's very useful.

·
Registered
852 Posts
A lot of people are confused when they get different results. For me, I would always get a mix of 6, 5, 4, 1, 9. However, I decided to just research why I kept getting different results. That led me to tritypes. It seems all confusing, but once you get it, you really get it.

I would suggest looking at the link I posted. It provides some good information that is fairly simple to understand.
Thanks for the link. Yes the information is simple to understand-- it's me that's confusing! The search continues...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Lol your please help has all us infj's running! You know how to get our attention that's for sure!

I'm not sure about the enneagram, I like it but dont understand enough to read further into it - like @ElinorDashwood I have gotten 9, 1 and 2 so not really sure what type I am.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
4w5

I kind of like that the second of my tri-type is 5w4. Ah, symmetry, how pleasing :) Well, until you add the third one.

I agree with some of the others here that I'm intrigued by enneagram, but find it is a lot to delve into. Maybe I will look into it more at some stage, or keep at the rate I'm going now and gradually take in bits and pieces about it. I think... I feel like it's going to be a hard one to learn to know how to use when looking at other people. Sure, reading about myself and thinking about my strengths, weaknesses and inclinations is nice, but eventually it'd be good to feel that it was a useful tool I could use.

Reactions: slightlycrazed

·
Registered
946 Posts
Repost-

Of the INFJ's on these forums who have posted at least once, and have shared their Enneagram type:

Type 1: 30 (4.8%)
Type 2: 83 (13.3%)
Type 3: 15 (2.4%)
Type 4: 214 (34.4%)
Type 5: 99 (15.9%)
Type 6: 85 (13.7%)
Type 7: 8 (1.3%)
Type 8: 7 (1.2%)
Type 9: 81 (13.0%)

Total: 622

Interesting that 2400 people signed up, registered as INFJ with a corresponding Enneagram type, and never posted. 4 times as many as the actual number of posters. Shyness, lurkers, or spies... you be the judge.

But, 4's and 5's account for more than 50% of the INFJ community.

In order of preference: 4, 5, 6, 2, 9, 1, 3, 7, 8

Most prevalent of the instinctive variants: 9
Most prevalent of the thinking variants: 5
Most prevalent of the feeling variants: 4

Amount of instinctive (anger oriented) variant INFJ's: 19.0%
Amount of thinking (anxiety oriented) variant INFJ's: 30.9%
Amount of feeling (shame oriented) variant INFJ's: 50.1%

Not a scientific study by any stretch. This assumes that all INFJ's of all Enneagram types are equally likely to come on to these forums and post. Also, this assumes everyone knows their correct MBTI and Enneagram type.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Repost-

Of the INFJ's on these forums who have posted at least once, and have shared their Enneagram type:

Type 1: 30 (4.8%)
Type 2: 83 (13.3%)
Type 3: 15 (2.4%)
Type 4: 214 (34.4%)
Type 5: 99 (15.9%)
Type 6: 85 (13.7%)
Type 7: 8 (1.3%)
Type 8: 7 (1.2%)
Type 9: 81 (13.0%)

Total: 622

Interesting that 2400 people signed up, registered as INFJ with a corresponding Enneagram type, and never posted. 4 times as many as the actual number of posters. Shyness, lurkers, or spies... you be the judge.

But, 4's and 5's account for more than 50% of the INFJ community.

In order of preference: 4, 5, 6, 2, 9, 1, 3, 7, 8

Most prevalent of the instinctive variants: 9
Most prevalent of the thinking variants: 5
Most prevalent of the feeling variants: 4

Amount of instinctive (anger oriented) variant INFJ's: 19.0%
Amount of thinking (anxiety oriented) variant INFJ's: 30.9%
Amount of feeling (shame oriented) variant INFJ's: 50.1%

Not a scientific study by any stretch. This assumes that all INFJ's of all Enneagram types are equally likely to come on to these forums and post. Also, this assumes everyone knows their correct MBTI and Enneagram type.
Interesting. Where did you get your statistics from?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Type 4w5 here. I've found the enneagram to be tremendously helpful in finding out more about my personality, as I connected with the description of my aforementioned type quite easily. I'm not as well-read on the subject as a whole as I'd like to be, however.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts