Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Hey Av-man,

I thought the instrumentals were great, but the singing voice has a seemingly monotone / robotic vibe to it. While I understand that's part of the tone of music, as a listener it was hard to connect with a seemingly emotionless voice (it almost made me tired).

Regardless, the music portion has lots of potential, so you guys are pretty bang on with that.

Remember, we all have our preferences though, and I'm generally far different from what most of the INFPs post on here. So don't weigh in too much into my views.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I really like it. :happy:

Something about it reminds me of She Wants Revenge and The Strokes.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Lad

thanks for the honest opinion. i'm not going to change the way i sing, but its still nice to hear someone say something negative about our music instead of always getting compliments.
i write all the songs so i'm glad you at least enjoyed the instruments.

hmmm i guess if you ever have incurable insomnia, give our songs another listen :crazy:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Really cool!

265 Posts
I like itttt!! I think on the song "carried away" id like to hear a different kind of drum beat than the straight bum bum che. maybe a bum che buh buh che bum che buh buh with regular power chords ....maybe four different power chords and then introduce that beginning theme later on or something. I think the beginning theme/riff shouldn't be in there as often. Though I do think if you used power chords right after and kept the same tune that you are singing.... that would be awesome. I think if the base part could change up the chords in the background while playing that riff that would be good too. But the bass seems to be going to the same home note each time. Dunno if this is at all making sense. But I really like everything you did der mr.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I LOVE the singing. Is that you? That was the best part, IMO - very Ian Curtis :tongue: . I think you guys sound great :happy:

·
Registered
830 Posts
I liked the music too... but... (sorry) the first two songs Dead Peasants & Carried Away (IMHO) feel like they need to be sung a little higher. If that makes sense. The singing is good.. don't get me wrong. It's the pitch that feels off. When you sang Solitude & Distance.. my ears went "aaaw.. yes.. that's it!" It's just minor tweaking sound wise to me.. in an otherwise great performance. In my opinion... you have talent! Thanks for sharing that!! :laughing:

·
Banned
780 Posts
Too repetitive and you need to project your voice more, but still keeping your monotone style. Good though. Flint, MI?! My old band and your band could've played a show together. I used to live in Detroit five months ago and we gigged all the time.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I really like it...kind of has that old punk sound. I could totally rock out to this while I'm driving. :happy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts