Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kia ora Enneagram experts,

I have been working for quite a bit of time to create an Enneagram website which would represent Enneagram in a more simple way. My goal is to wake up interest for those who never heard about Enneagram, and of course for everyone who is interesting already. I feel that after working for so long on the same project I am not able fully to see how the website looks like and how could I improve it to make it easier to access. I would be really grateful to anyone who would have some time to have a look and share their opinion.:)
My website: www.youaremoreworld.com

thank you in advance,
Viltare

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
I'm definitely not an enneagram expert, but I have opinions to share.

The website looks really nicely designed (much more so than most enneagram sites honestly). The logos are pretty cool (I envy the 8 logo actually).

I like that you have a section that focuses on the fears of each type rather than stereotypical behaviors. I also like that you went into detail about the fears, instead of some sites that simply have one sentence about the fears. I actually might start linking to those fear pages when attempting to type people.

The full pages for the types aren't too shabby. I didn't look through all of them (skipped certain types that I don't understand that well, like 2 or 8). However, I have to say that your full descriptions of 3 and 6 are better-worded than most websites describe that type.

As for a criticism, I don't really like that the first page has stereotype bullet points for each of the types. It can be misleading, for example, it's quite strange to me that you put "trustful" in the description for 6 and then "rebellious toward authorities" right after. Some of the bullet points for the Investigator are kind of meh as well, especially since "I do not care about others' opinions of me" is not necessarily true and "I get tired from being with people" can apply to any introvert, which leads to a lot of introverts overtyping as 5.

Suggestions:

If you want to attract more people, especially those who are completely new to enneagram, I think you should make a quiz. Taking a quiz is how I got interested in typology. Of course it won't be perfect, but it's a fun and easy way to spark an interest.
The "4 Questions" section is kinda cool, but I don't think many people completely new to enneagram would want to go through the whole thing. (I also personally don't really like reading examples as much because I'd keep looking into how my own personal answers are different from every example rather than finding the one that fits most.)

I'm sort of dense, so I struggled to figure out how to connect the Maslow chart directly to enneagram. Maybe you could make the connection more clear for dummies like me. If not, that's fine too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm definitely not an enneagram expert, but I have opinions to share.

The website looks really nicely designed (much more so than most enneagram sites honestly). The logos are pretty cool (I envy the 8 logo actually).

I like that you have a section that focuses on the fears of each type rather than stereotypical behaviors. I also like that you went into detail about the fears, instead of some sites that simply have one sentence about the fears. I actually might start linking to those fear pages when attempting to type people.

The full pages for the types aren't too shabby. I didn't look through all of them (skipped certain types that I don't understand that well, like 2 or 8). However, I have to say that your full descriptions of 3 and 6 are better-worded than most websites describe that type.

As for a criticism, I don't really like that the first page has stereotype bullet points for each of the types. It can be misleading, for example, it's quite strange to me that you put "trustful" in the description for 6 and then "rebellious toward authorities" right after. Some of the bullet points for the Investigator are kind of meh as well, especially since "I do not care about others' opinions of me" is not necessarily true and "I get tired from being with people" can apply to any introvert, which leads to a lot of introverts overtyping as 5.

Suggestions:

If you want to attract more people, especially those who are completely new to enneagram, I think you should make a quiz. Taking a quiz is how I got interested in typology. Of course it won't be perfect, but it's a fun and easy way to spark an interest.
The "4 Questions" section is kinda cool, but I don't think many people completely new to enneagram would want to go through the whole thing. (I also personally don't really like reading examples as much because I'd keep looking into how my own personal answers are different from every example rather than finding the one that fits most.)

I'm sort of dense, so I struggled to figure out how to connect the Maslow chart directly to enneagram. Maybe you could make the connection more clear for dummies like me. If not, that's fine too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jaune, you are a superstar!

Thank you so much for looking into and as well giving me such honest and useful feedback. I really loved your suggestion with a Quiz as well as some points about stereotype bullet points. I would definitely take your ideas on board.

I wish you all the best and you have no idea how grateful I am:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just took a quick look and here are some of the things I noticed:
  • I love the pictures you made for each type so much!! (the colorful heads with a design) how did you make/get them? (just out of curiousity)
  • The header looks very stock-photo-y. It also makes me (and perhaps any potential audience) feel very.. watched.
  • Is "you are more world" supposed to mean something?
  • The pop-up is kind of confusing because the heading is Learn about yourself , yet the first sentence is We all want to learn how to understand others. Actually, you could do away with the first paragraph. It's just fluff, and it makes the pop-up longer to read, and in the digital age our attention spans are very short. For the next part which are the personal experiences quotes, you could make a collage of highlighted words such as "freed from self-sabotaging habits" and "self-acceptance" etc. Basically, it's not very succinct right now, and too long. Same with that last sentence I just wrote lol.
  • The writing throughout the entire website has room for improvement. Perhaps you could hire an editor or something of the sort.
  • the headers are weirdly ordered. I would think "book a session" would normally be put towards the end (before contact us)? In "4 questions" the 4 should be spelled out.
  • The website in general is strangely organized. It's very annoying for someone like me who likes to clearly grasp the big picture at whatever i'm looking right at the beginning. For example, under the Enneagram header, it drops down to each type. but then on top there is another main header about each type's fears. so each type's fears is considered a larger category than the types themselves??
  • also, shouldn't the "stories about us" section be a part of "get in touch"?
Good job though!! It's not perfect yet, but I do think the website makes the enneagram seem more accessible to others. I haven't taken a thorough look at each page, but the pages about each type seem very nice.
You could even make a page with a large pool of resources to learn more about the enneagram. Because, once you have successfully captured people's attentions, some are going to be very interested about the enneagram beyond just the more surface level things, which your website covers very nicely. Give them a door to explore further!

·
Registered
401 Posts
How come you posted this in the Heart triad subforum? You should've posted it in the larger enneagram forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
  • I love the pictures you made for each type so much!! (the colorful heads with a design) how did you make/get them? (just out of curiousity)
  • The header looks very stock-photo-y. It also makes me (and perhaps any potential audience) feel very.. watched.
  • The pop-up is kind of confusing because the heading is Learn about yourself , yet the first sentence is We all want to learn how to understand others. Actually, you could do away with the first paragraph. It's just fluff, and it makes the pop-up longer to read, and in the digital age our attention spans are very short. For the next part which are the personal experiences quotes, you could make a collage of highlighted words such as "freed from self-sabotaging habits" and "self-acceptance" etc. Basically, it's not very succinct right now, and too long. Same with that last sentence I just wrote lol.
  • The writing throughout the entire website has room for improvement. Perhaps you could hire an editor or something of the sort.
  • the headers are weirdly ordered. I would think "book a session" would normally be put towards the end (before contact us)? In "4 questions" the 4 should be spelled out.
  • The website in general is strangely organized. It's very annoying for someone like me who likes to clearly grasp the big picture at whatever i'm looking right at the beginning. For example, under the Enneagram header, it drops down to each type. but then on top there is another main header about each type's fears. so each type's fears is considered a larger category than the types themselves??
Good job though!! It's not perfect yet, but I do think the website makes the enneagram seem more accessible to others. I haven't taken a thorough look at each page, but the pages about each type seem very nice.
You could even make a page with a large pool of resources to learn more about the enneagram. Because, once you have successfully captured people's attentions, some are going to be very interested about the enneagram beyond just the more surface level things, which your website covers very nicely. Give them a door to explore further!
Hey Sweetrice,

thank you for looking into my website and sharing your opinion and view.

Hey Sweetrice,

thank you so much for your feedback. I am very thankful for your opinion. Some of the things I am aware of as proofreading and I am working on it as this project do not generate any income, that makes things way slower. I would definitely take on board your suggestion about the layout of the buttons as well as a pop-up which is temporary until I will finish making a personality test. Overall thank you for looking into. Some answers to your questions below:

the pictures were created by my friend as she is a graphic designer:) I agree that she made a very cool job with it.
The header looks like a stock - photo because it is from the internet. I am quite happy with it since I do not see it as the most defining thing which makes someone choose to look or not to look to the page. It is subject to the taste and personality type:))
"Youaremoreworld" contains a very big meaning. Since my vision is not to only help others to find their type but to help them to release from unserving patterns. I believe that Enneagram is a very helpful tool for waking up from the dream but every person on this earth is beyond the majority of those repeatable patterns and I see the way out. So that's what it stands beyond this name, I believe that people are more than they allow themselves to accept about themselves. And it comes as well to the part: way there is other information than Enneagram. I want tools for personal to grow, but I agree that at this stage they do not incorporate smoothly. Good spotting on that, it definitely touches my attention even more.

Again thank you so much for your input that makes me feel very happy and gives me motivation for going further this project :)

As well if you have a suggestion where I could post my post which would reach a wider circle of people I would be very grateful as I hardly found a suitable group.

Cheers,
Viltare

1 - 7 of 7 Posts