Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I am an INFJ as the descriptions have been so accurate compared to any other type. I have however problem with organizing. I do enjoy organizing stuff but keeping it organized is completely another thing. If I do something, I like it to stay that way to be worth doing. I dislike putting much effort to cooking as eaters will destroy my accomplishment way too quicly and I dislike cleaning because it takes impossible amounts of effort to keep things clean and neatly organized. I am really good in being not bothered by my messy environment for certain limit after which it begins to feel chaotic and stressful.

I like to be thinking about something all the time and it means that I am concentrated on something else than my surroundings. Or when mpving around my house I usually think about what I'm planning to do next instead of looking around an seeing what needs to be done. I genuinely do not notice things, like unnecessary stuff on an counter and I can walk right past some empty candy wrappers for many times without noticing that it needs to be put to bin. Sometimes cleaning up and organizing everything feels way too complicated especially when there are stuff that does not yet have a place. I also tend to have projects that lay open as I plan to get back to them soon. Like the paint brushs from last year that have been on our kitchen counter drying. For over a year, like seriously. I know I have way too much stuff.

Hah, like when my kids get christmas presents I get stressed about where to put all the new stuff into. Maybe I just should concentrate on their happy faces? :-D

This means that I have lots of piles of stuff in my home and occasionally I get inspired to organize them as I want to see my home as pretty again or I have got a great new idea how to organize everything. Or if the mess gets out of my hands and I have to.

Do you more experienced INFJ analytics think that this kind of living fits with the personality type?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I believe I am an INFJ as the descriptions have been so accurate compared to any other type. I have however problem with organizing. I do enjoy organizing stuff but keeping it organized is completely another thing. If I do something, I like it to stay that way to be worth doing. I dislike putting much effort to cooking as eaters will destroy my accomplishment way too quicly and I dislike cleaning because it takes impossible amounts of effort to keep things clean and neatly organized. I am really good in being not bothered by my messy environment for certain limit after which it begins to feel chaotic and stressful.

I like to be thinking about something all the time and it means that I am concentrated on something else than my surroundings. Or when mpving around my house I usually think about what I'm planning to do next instead of looking around an seeing what needs to be done. I genuinely do not notice things, like unnecessary stuff on an counter and I can walk right past some empty candy wrappers for many times without noticing that it needs to be put to bin. Sometimes cleaning up and organizing everything feels way too complicated especially when there are stuff that does not yet have a place. I also tend to have projects that lay open as I plan to get back to them soon. Like the paint brushs from last year that have been on our kitchen counter drying. For over a year, like seriously. I know I have way too much stuff.

Hah, like when my kids get christmas presents I get stressed about where to put all the new stuff into. Maybe I just should concentrate on their happy faces? :-D

This means that I have lots of piles of stuff in my home and occasionally I get inspired to organize them as I want to see my home as pretty again or I have got a great new idea how to organize everything. Or if the mess gets out of my hands and I have to.

Do you more experienced INFJ analytics think that this kind of living fits with the personality type?
I am not an INFJ but I have read that INFJs are the least 'J' like of all the Js when it comes to stuff like being organised in a practical sense. Instead they are more keen to organise their personal relationships, rather than their homes, so can indeed be messy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
If it weren't so embarrassing, I'd snap a photo of my room for ya. I guarantee you'd never worry about your messiness again. :D

But seriously, the rest of my home is neat and clean, and my car is absolutely meticulous. My room and my workspace are what most folks would call messy, but I prefer the word comfortable. I can't do military-precision cleanliness in an area I spend a lot of time in. I know where everything is and it all flows very nicely for me.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
139 Posts
Oh, I'm very messy. I'm organized with school, but I scatter stuff everywhere. That's how my mind is (scattered), so it's a form of self-expression :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
But seriously, the rest of my home is neat and clean, and my car is absolutely meticulous. My room and my workspace are what most folks would call messy, but I prefer the word comfortable. I can't do military-precision cleanliness in an area I spend a lot of time in. I know where everything is and it all flows very nicely for me.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
You are not alone! Thank the lord. I am the same way. My car has nothing in it but a comb and a box of tissues, and the rest of my house I have to have clean! But my room and desk are complete organized messes. I have my messes in piles and I usually put them in boxes or things according to where they should go, or how important they are. But they are still all over the place. And I can organize the life out of something. But I think I just like to put keep my thoughts in order when I am working on something, or doing something that I just leave it sprawled out everywhere so I can analyze where to put it later. But when I'm feeling distracted, I can destroy a room.

·
Registered
556 Posts
A lot of INFJs are incredibly messy (organized, but messy; they probably know where most of their shit is).

My room has boxes and papers and dvd cases stacked and strewn around chaotically, and I've got literally 40-50 improperly-folded shirts stacked up in one huge, slanted pile (but at least they're not on the ground, and I know exactly where to find everything, so I don't consider it messy while everyone else probably would.)

Reactions: Doom

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
Hello, I am the powers of MBTI.
No, INFJ's cannot be messy.

You are an INFP.

That will be all
/s

Seriously I have no clue what messiness has to do with MBTI.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I'm really messy, but my messiness kind of has its own kind of organization. My room always looks like a bomb went off inside but I almost always still know where everything is. I usually score INFP on tests -- partially due to my messiness lol.

·
Registered
612 Posts
My room is messy, too. But in German we use to say "Das Genie beherrscht das Chaos." (the genius is ruling the chaos). I know exactly where everything is, I just have to move a bunch of papers to get it. But I'm sick and tired of cleaning up this room. I hate my old furniture. But in two weeks this room will get a makeover. :)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Hello, I am the powers of MBTI.
No, INFJ's cannot be messy.

You are an INFP.

That will be all
/s

Seriously I have no clue what messiness has anything to do with MBTI.
Messiness/organization is always brought up in J vs P descriptions. If someone's just beginning to look into this stuff and hasn't yet started reading about cognitive functions, it's understandable that they'd wonder about this.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
I am organized in my thoughts.. My brain is quite compartmentalized.. However this does not translate well into the physical world. I am bordering on slobhood.
Female version of this.

In other words ... Schedules and Pinterest domestication :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
^ YEAH! In a foreign language and with foggy brains too!

It really is a bit challenging to understand these consepts right away. It doesn't stop me from trying and I will ask for help if i get stupid on the way :-D

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm a J also And I'm also messy, but I'm almost never late for appointments, I prefer to finish stuff before deadline and then chill out.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'm messy. I also have a real problem with my cleaning the house being so non-permanent... I feel chained to the mop if I want to keep everything sparkly and the end result for keeping up some strict regime is usually tightly wound nerves. Yup. I'm messy. My husband is messier though... I try to keep my mess in designated areas. ;)

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
The INFJs I know are messy and slobby. However, they have their own bizarre cleaning rituals that they adhere to with military-style precision. The result is cleaning perfection/overkill in certain sections of their home and general filth everywhere else.

They also tend towards hoarding, which makes cleaning difficult and impractical in the areas where shit has accumulated.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts