Personality Cafe banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think the real question is whether INFJs can be NEAT.
Dominant function Ni, focused on the internal world.
Main function to do with organization = Si = most far removed function of INFJ.
Closest thing to Si we have is Se but we wouldn't use it like Se Doms/Secs use it and we certainly wouldn't use it to make sure the place is neat.
I am untidy as hell and have the worst handwriting in the world. :)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
um, I'm usually pretty neat, but often my desk out of everything is sort of a disaster. But I do get random urges at times to suddenly..... reorganize my entire room. :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
oh.. I didn't see this and just started a new thread for the same reason. I am an INFJ and can be QUITE messy...which has always made me question a bit if I am closer to being a "P" than a "J"..... although everything else about me is 'J".

What someone else said about being 'territorial' too is sooo true!
Don't touch my stuff, don't touch my purse, don't grab my phone to look at it,
my stuff might be a mess, but I KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS!!! (sorta..lol)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I used to be messy, when younger. Yet, in my mess I knew where everything was.
But over the past years I became kinda obsessed with cleaning and everything being in its place all the time. Whenever I feel like clearing my own thoughts, I begin cleaning the house and arranging all the things in their place. It's like, I don't know, doing this around me also helps me put my thoughts in order.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Strange, my desk is super clean and organized. My mind, however, is not. The house tends to be nice and tidy, but my ISFJ at home helps, when she's not broken. :)

Reactions: Shea

·
Registered
391 Posts
Trash and dishes are an all or nothing thing for me, really. I'll do it all at once when it becomes too ridiculous, or I won't do it all. What's the point of cleaning every day? Five minutes after I clean, I manage to take out something I put away anyways. So no, Everyday Cleaning. I see through your lies!

On the other hand, if I don't know when a due date is for an assignment, and I haven't planned out when I'm going to do it, then I go a bit insane.

·
SAY MY NAME
8,468 Posts
Trash and dishes are an all or nothing thing for me, really. I'll do it all at once when it becomes too ridiculous, or I won't do it all. What's the point of cleaning every day? Five minutes after I clean, I manage to take out something I put away anyways. So no, Everyday Cleaning. I see through your lies!

On the other hand, if I don't know when a due date is for an assignment, and I haven't planned out when I'm going to do it, then I go a bit insane.
'All or nothing' really is a perfect way to describe how much effort I put into keeping things clean and orderly. :laughing:

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm currently in the middle of spring cleaning & omg it's bad. I have two gears...procrastinate & clean freak. My trick to switch me from procrastination is to invite people over. I'll freak out about it & actually clean. Lol. I feel so happy & fulfilled when the house is clean & organized, but I always seem to let it get away from me. Then, it's too much & I put it off until I can't handle it anymore.

·
SAY MY NAME
8,468 Posts
I'm currently in the middle of spring cleaning & omg it's bad. I have two gears...procrastinate & clean freak. My trick to switch me from procrastination is to invite people over. I'll freak out about it & actually clean. Lol. I feel so happy & fulfilled when the house is clean & organized, but I always seem to let it get away from me. Then, it's too much & I put it off until I can't handle it anymore.
I go on massive cleaning projects when I know people are coming, too. :D

·
Registered
IEI 4w3 sp/sx 461
1,286 Posts
I'm messy AF. I get pretty even scores on the J/P split part of the dichotomies and only type as INFJ because I relate much more to Ni-Fe than Fi-Ne.

I think seeing J as physical organization is far too much of a simplification. J and P are mindsets. Ps are "floating" around and not going anywhere mentally. They are enjoying an exploratory existence free of objectives.

We Js are always "going somewhere". We have our minds set. A goal. This doesn't necessarily mean our physical space is neat.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts