Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INFPs please don't be sad. i looked in your forum and the amount of negativity i find here is counter productive. the INFPs i've met have always been sheer awesomeness- but you guys doubt yourselves too much. i know you guys are some of the most genuine and nice people out there, but you've gotta stop clinging onto this fact and the injustices of the world.

you are awesomeness and you don't need to make excuses for yourselves- just be genuine. and don't be a PUSHOVER!! being nice =/= being a pushover. hopefully then people will realise you guys are really sweet and valuable friends.

peace.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Aww so sweet..for that you get an energy reading..want me to read your energy?:crazy::crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm not. Not all my thoughts are happy, but that's okay. I see the world in a realistic, complex, and balanced way, not just all light or all dark.

I really feel like this is a slap in the face to INFPs. "Don't make excuses," "don't be a pushover," etc. So kindly do fuck off.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I'm not. Not all my thoughts are happy, but that's okay. I see the world in a realistic, complex, and balanced way, not just all light or all dark.

I really feel like this is a slap in the face to INFPs. "Don't make excuses," "don't be a pushover," etc. So kindly do fuck off.
I see where you are coming from, but I don't think this was the intention of the thread.

Perhaps it does not apply to you, personally, but maybe there are some INFPs who need to hear it. Or maybe he was just trying to be nice.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I see where you are coming from, but I don't think this was the intention of the thread.

Perhaps it does not apply to you, personally, but maybe there are some INFPs who need to hear it. Or maybe he was just trying to be nice.
I don't care what his intentions were, I care about the results. It's one thing for other users to browse the INFP forums, and I can see why they might, since we're probably the most active subforums and all, but it's another for them to post here with judgmental crap about another type that they clearly don't understand.

I agree that being too melancholy is not good for INFPs, but I also can recognize when they are just sorting things out or just venting... other types, I think, have a tendency to think any negative thought is BAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDD.

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
INFPs please don't be sad. i looked in your forum and the amount of negativity i find here is counter productive. the INFPs i've met have always been sheer awesomeness- but you guys doubt yourselves too much. i know you guys are some of the most genuine and nice people out there, but you've gotta stop clinging onto this fact and the injustices of the world.

you are awesomeness and you don't need to make excuses for yourselves- just be genuine. and don't be a PUSHOVER!! being nice =/= being a pushover. hopefully then people will realise you guys are really sweet and valuable friends.

peace.
I concur! :wink:

I think sometimes we just need a slap of Te in our face just to snap us out
of our negative mood, to help us see how the world truly is and to see that it isn't falling
apart around us.
Or a slap of Fe, depends on the individual.

(Sorry about my weird late night epiphany)

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey i recognise an Fi prickling when i see one, having exploded in annoyance myself on more than one occasion, but believe me when i say i wasn't trying to be condescending.

i just want you to be happy because a happy INFP is the most awesome mbti type in the world generally speaking (next to INFJs :happy:) and all i can understand in my narrow minded ENFPness is negativity = bad :frustrating:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
hey i recognise an Fi prickling when i see one, having exploded in annoyance myself on more than one occasion, but believe me when i say i wasn't trying to be condescending.

i just want you to be happy because a happy INFP is the most awesome mbti type in the world generally speaking (next to INFJs :happy:) and all i can understand in my narrow minded ENFPness is negativity = bad :frustrating:
INFPs see life as it is - beautiful, tragic, funny, romantic, and all-around splendiferous. When you see negativity from an INFP, it probably won't be long after that you see one of the other elements of life represented. Some INFPs become too fixated with "beauty in tragedy," but most are pretty much all over the board. We couldn't be perfectly happy all the time; for us, that would be living in denial, living in a lie.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I certainly don't feel sad, but I do feel ya about some of the less-than-happy conversations over here sometimes. I like those conversations most of the time, but sometimes they can get me down too. That's why I check out the INTP and ENFP forums every now and then :)

And thanks for liking us! I've never met one of you guys in real life but I like you too :)

·
Registered
733 Posts
Aww, and I was enjoying the pity parties (-:

You want sad? You should try chronic pain forums, Uh my gAuD! But hey, if right now I was trying to deal with overwhelming feelings of bliss I would totally blog about it. Check out this training video I got for working at the warehouse.

guten morgen Klaus...
Staplerfahrer Klaus

·
Registered
431 Posts
I don't wanna brag or anything like that but I'd consider myself a very healthy INFP and I'm very happy :)
thanks though I know what you mean when I do come to this section there are a lot of negative-ish topics but I think it's because INFPs find negative/sad things more interesting than happy things

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I am not sad. Right now, I feel that I have more or less found my way. The ways and whiles of fate are fickle of course.
Shall we take arms against a sea of trouble...?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I am not sad. I enjoy movies and music that move me emotionally, but when i feel deeply for an art form it doesn't mean i'm a sad person on the whole. I actually feel positive things and think in a positive way most of the time. i like to look on the bright side and work to change injustices, because that's fulfilling for me! No use sulking about feeling sorry for oneself, and even INFPs are capable of escaping self-pity/loathing.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
and all i can understand in my narrow minded ENFPness is negativity = bad :frustrating:
Yeah, but it's not. Not always. Sometimes it's rather constructive to work through "negativity" with other people, which is why I think many INFPs feel safer here. They're not seen as weird for focusing on the stuff other people don't.

Besides, we have our happy threads, too. :happy:

INFPs see life as it is - beautiful, tragic, funny, romantic, and all-around splendiferous. When you see negativity from an INFP, it probably won't be long after that you see one of the other elements of life represented. Some INFPs become too fixated with "beauty in tragedy," but most are pretty much all over the board. We couldn't be perfectly happy all the time; for us, that would be living in denial, living in a lie.
Hear, hear!

I think it might be accurate to say what other types see as "sad," INFPs see differently and from many angles (like Rowingineden said: beautiful, tragic, funny, etc). Our neutral mood even comes off as upset oftentimes! Just because we seem sad doesn't mean we are; you could just be reading us wrong.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I think you are out of line rowingineden. I can respect that u are protecting our dignity but it is quite apparemt that many infps are battling depression and general anxiety. Look at the views and post on the mental illness threads. I haven't been here for long but I have already seen several threads here about mental illness and depression. U might have things together but a lot of infps don't (I'm one of them). To the op: thanks for the support. A lot of us are fighting the good fight everyday, and we usually pull off a victory. For the times we don't, we'll be thinking about the support we receive to get us thru it.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts