Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Code Cracked
13,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of your favorite podcasts?

There are some I listen to often and some on occasion. I am always open to check out new ones. Here are some I listen to regularly......

Episodes — Armchair Expert

I have always enjoyed it. Listening to his one podcast on relapsing really helped me cut out/down on my red wine intake smirks I am listening to this one atm
Bill Gates Book Talk — Armchair Expert

‎SmartLess on Apple Podcasts
I have always loved Jason Bateman's quirky personality/movies/shows. Those three together are hilarious. Even their promotions/commercials.

‎Literally! With Rob Lowe on Apple Podcasts
He is just so damn charismatic. Good looking too lol

‎Comedy Gold Minds with Kevin Hart on Apple Podcasts
Funny as hell and has a genuine awesome vibe about him.

Life is Short with Justin Long | iHeartRadio
He seems like such a sweet soul and his interviewing style is so cute. His nervousness (appears that way) makes me want to give him a hug. lol

The goop Podcast - Discover New Episodes | Goop
I do not listen to this one as often as the others but, she has always appeared to be a beautiful soul.

Sibling Revelry
Another one that is not my first go to (I do not recognize a lot of the guests names) but, I love listening to their dynamic. I also have not come across a Kate Hudson movie I did not like. Most of my favorite movies she is in. (I like Rom-Coms)

I will stop there. I have others.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,067 Posts
Probably a cliche pick but I really do enjoy Stuff You Should Know. It’s probably because of the two hosts, Josh and Chuck. They’re funny in different ways. They’re not always right—which makes it funny when they get listener mails about certain episodes. Just two blokes researching a topic then discussing it very nonchalantly. Very charming. This is for when I’m doing mindless stuff, chores, so on. Or when I just want a bit of chuckle.

Infinite Monkey Cage for more accurate sciencey stuff. Sometimes I do a little Mythology by Parcast.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
WTF with Marc Maron - This just works for me, nothing better than hearing him rant and really vibing with his interviewees. Lots of open talk here, tends to dip into subjects of addiction with Marc being an addict on the mend.

The History of English Podcast - I go on binges with this one, our language and its origins are so fascinating, and our language can be quite confusing. Knowing the history kinda helps me know my own brain as a native English speaker.

Hit Parade - This explains why charting popular music charted from an analytical perspective. It connects those songs we all know with unexpected reasons we all know them, and the reasons can be surprising

Freakonomics - Various topics of interest to Economists. It's an easy listen with an interesting way of looking at the world, sometimes surprising subjects, from the point of view of market forces.

History Unobscured: The Salem With Trials - I only listened to Season 1 with the witch trials. It detailed the trials themselves and let you get to know the setting and the families and environment this all happened in, made a rather foggy notion I had into an understanding of how a lot of people can go crazy at once.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Comedy Bang Bang - I've enjoyed the hell out of this podcast over the years. I feel like the quality has waned a little bit the last couple of years, it's still my go-to comedy podcast. Scott Aucherman has a way of interacting naturally with his guests within an improv context (especially if they're returning guests).

Conan O'Brien Needs A Friend - Some great guests, especially on season 1, but the best is listening to Conan, Sona and Matt riff, especially when Conan just goes off on tangents.

The One You Feed - Always some great new bits of life advice within interesting interviews. The host helps make it very listenable, like spending time with an old friend

·
Code Cracked
13,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
ENTJ LSE
622 Posts
I don't listen to a lot of podcasts in English, but I like Triggernometry and The OCD Stories.

Triggernometry talks about controversial subjects and invites people with different views (from the 'common' ones), hence the name.

The OCD Stories is, well, about OCD. If you're diagnosed with OCD or just want to learn a little about the disorder, I suggest you this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts