Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I'm doing something that leaves my mind wandering, I'll load up a podcast or audio book to listen to in attempt to efficiently spend my time. I'm assuming, which might be wrong, that other INTJ might feel that way as well-- what are your favorite podcasts to listen to? And for fun, when do you listen to them (i.g. while driving, during mindless gaming like mmorpgs, etc.)? This isn't per se just for INTJ, so feel free to chime in if you aren't.

Here are some of my current favorites:

• WNYC's RadioLab
  • This American Life
  • NPR Books
  • NPR's How To Do Everything
  • All Songs Considered
  • Welcome to Night Vale
  • Pop Culture Happy Hour
I typically listen to these when I'm stressed--hearing people speak calms me down for whatever reason. Also while playing MMORPGs and other mindless types of games. Also, while cleaning.

I listed a lot of NPR stations, so maybe some of you have some others that you enjoy. That way my list isn't forever NPR only, haha.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I love the concept of podcasts and have listened to a few special topic ones, as well as This American Life.

But my problem is that I get distracted easily by my own thoughts and when I am working, drawing, listening to music, whatever...I like to be able to access my own thoughts freely. I hate it when I'm listening to a podcast or watching a movie and realize I have to stop it and rewind the last ten minutes because I haven't been paying attention. Ira Glass said something interesting and I just spent ten minutes in the Ni zone contemplating it.

So...unfortunately I don't listen to podcasts as much as I wish I did. Better that I catch This American Life in the car or something so I can focus on it better than when I'm drawing or writing.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Listening to Skeptics Guide to the Universe, been doing so for a while at the rate of 1 hour a day in the car. Started only relatively recent with listening to podcasts, Skeptics Guide is 8 years running so i'm still catching up. Before that the Invisible Gorilla audiobook and The Non Prophets podcast.

I can't listen to long podcasts at home, my mind wanders off or i get bored, so only when driving my car am i able to enjoy them.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I used to work on a farm, and I would listen to podcasts on my iPod while driving tractor. Unfortunately now that I'm working in customer service I don't have as much time to listen to them, but I'd like to get back to it.
A couple of my favorites are:.
Alternative Radio(political commentary)
Cox and Crendor in the Morning(satirical commentary)
GQ(eletronic music)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts