Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying out @Turi questionarre :D

Pick any picture you like - tell us about it. Below are two websites to help find one - feel free to choose anything you want, though.
Random Image Prompts
https://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/24364426258/

I loved the title: Just a little work. I was first drawn to a more visually pleasing picture but something kept drawing me back to this little house. It sparked my curiosity. What's the story behind the house? How did it get that way? What drove the new owners to take this on besides the lack of noisy neighbors?

Pick a word, any word - brainstorm - whether it's just words that spring to mind, or ideas, or memories, whatever - just brainstorm for a while. No restrictions. Below is a link for a random word, if it helps.
https://randomwordgenerator.com

The generator gave me fear. I let fear define more than I care to admit. With others, I’m hypervigilant about their safety and health. I can feel quite overwhelmed with my own health problems that fear can oddly lead to inaction. If it’s possible to live a life of controlled spontaneity then I do that. I do try to combat fear with logic.

How did you approach writing your story? Provide as much detail as possible with regards to your writing process.

I’m just not up for writing a short story right now besides the fact that I’m rather incapable of it. It either turns into 2 sentences or a novella. I did want to write about that Lil’ run-down house and how it survived harsh weather and abandonment until one day someone came and said “Oh, it just needs a little work. That’s all.”

I usually get a scene popping into my head and it won’t let me go. I bring it up to my closest friends and we brainstorm a bit. I love that kind of creative bonding and I do need it to write. I also make little music mixes that put me in the mood for the story. I tend to write ‘soul comfort food’. The writing version of a cozy blanket and hot cocoa.

Describe your verbal communication skills, your written communication skills, and your body language.
Feel free to go in-depth. If possible, detail your natural communication and body language preferences in various circumstances - with friends, with strangers, at work, in one-on-one situations, in group situations, personal, impersonal, that kind of thing. If anything irritates you about how others communicate, talk about that too.
The more information, the better.

I’m not much of a question person at least not until there’s some sort of connection. I’m very face value. Tell me what you want. While private I’m still an open book. I’ll answer questions. It’s all about connecting and understanding. My family says I have a very expressive face. You know my state of mind by my face. I’m not someone who has a ‘resting bitch face’ quite opposite actually. So I guess if I’m stressed or pissed it shows. I dunno.

In group situations, I get real quiet. I don’t want to interrupt. I feel maybe this person needs this time more than me. I’ve been surrounded by extroverts all my life and saying your piece can be a battle. In one-on-one situations, I’m much more open and alive. I’m very much a performer and can amuse and win people over.

I don’t like conversation hoggers. I’m related to quite a few and you can see when they’ve worn out their welcome. Then I kind of has to play the party pooper and pull them away.

Detail a time (or times) in your life when you felt at your absolute best - when you didn't feel any kind of anxiety, when you didn't feel judged, when you felt appreciated for who you are, when you felt at your most creative, when you felt like "you".. you get the gist. You at your best, tell us about it.

I was around people who were passionate and creative. I wasn’t be judged or joked about for being different. I was ‘with my people’ I remember saying. I’m able to brainstorm and really come alive and help and connect with others as they do the same for me.

How do you prefer to make decisions?
Run us through your entire decision-making process - use specific examples, if possible - some ideas for your answer -
what questions do you ask yourself, if any? What goes through your mind? What do you take into account? What could alter your decisions? Are you comfortable with making a decision and settling on it? Do you like being able to change your decisions, after you've made them?

I like being able to change my mind after even though I get annoyed at people who do the same damn thing. Indecisiveness is by far one of my worst traits. My process is the ‘How will?’ questions. 5 -10 various how wills.

Detail some things that piss you off - stress triggers - feel free to explain the reasons why these things irritate you - I don't want to hear about mild irritations - I want to hear about things that simply make your blood boil, or make you want to take action to alter the situation - things that make you want to leave an environment, things that make you dislike someone, things that truly get to you as a person and grate on every fiber of your being.

Pure insensitivity. Like constantly belittling and joking about somebody being different. The more aggressive, the more I want to leave or have to restrain myself from debating. I’m not a debater but oh Lord have mercy on your soul if your bullying someone in front of me.

Practical jokers and class clowns. I have no time for those attention-seeking fools, especially if they are downright cruel about it.

Choose 5 pictures that resonate with you, from wherever you want, and post them up - preferably in a spoiler so as to look neater.
This is for visual typists to go to town on.

I’m having the hardest time getting images to work so here’s some links

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sapna_reddy/24397015698/in/explore-2017-11-08/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/24397554238/in/explore-2017-11-08/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/38226825962/in/explore-2017-11-08/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/machi...WK8-aciKJZ-8qEW3a-SiUQG9-cwQvn9-qJdK8X-oZJkg3

https://www.flickr.com/photos/corra...4Gc-7hsq7g-7hsrcv-fu4dCj-nfiF1D-7Cr9gi-UhNd7e

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Thanks for giving it a shot!

Trying out @Turi questionarre :D

Pick any picture you like - tell us about it. Below are two websites to help find one - feel free to choose anything you want, though.
Random Image Prompts
https://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/24364426258/

I loved the title: Just a little work. I was first drawn to a more visually pleasing picture but something kept drawing me back to this little house. It sparked my curiosity. What's the story behind the house? How did it get that way? What drove the new owners to take this on besides the lack of noisy neighbors?
Pi-Je.. probably Si - you were initially drawn to something more visually appealing (Se, I imagine, would be more attracted to that, and I believe Fi would also just pick the one they like most right off the bat), however something kept drawing you back to this one (likely, your subjective impression of the picture).

Focus is on the house itself, the story behind it, how did it get that way, why would someone want it, etc - so this further supports an introverted perceiving function.

No mention of the work that needs to be done to the house so at the moment, I would lean against Te-Fi.

Pick a word, any word - brainstorm - whether it's just words that spring to mind, or ideas, or memories, whatever - just brainstorm for a while. No restrictions. Below is a link for a random word, if it helps.
https://randomwordgenerator.com

The generator gave me fear. I let fear define more than I care to admit. With others, I’m hypervigilant about their safety and health. I can feel quite overwhelmed with my own health problems that fear can oddly lead to inaction. If it’s possible to live a life of controlled spontaneity then I do that. I do try to combat fear with logic.
Interesting route, rather than brainstorming you instead elaborate what the word means to you - again, this is an introverted perceiving function at work. Some people would confuse this for Fi.

Focus on health and safety is stereotypically Si as well, curious as to whether being overwhelmed by your own health problems to the point of inaction is an indication of slipping under the grip of inferior Ne.

Controlled spontaneity almost sounds like you're trying to sum the Si-Ne axis up in as little words as possible.. how do you try to combat fear with logic?

How did you approach writing your story? Provide as much detail as possible with regards to your writing process.

I’m just not up for writing a short story right now besides the fact that I’m rather incapable of it. It either turns into 2 sentences or a novella. I did want to write about that Lil’ run-down house and how it survived harsh weather and abandonment until one day someone came and said “Oh, it just needs a little work. That’s all.”

I usually get a scene popping into my head and it won’t let me go. I bring it up to my closest friends and we brainstorm a bit. I love that kind of creative bonding and I do need it to write. I also make little music mixes that put me in the mood for the story. I tend to write ‘soul comfort food’. The writing version of a cozy blanket and hot cocoa.
More Si, I'm not really sure I need to explain why, I mean you were mentioning health and safety concerns in the last response and in this one, we're onto coziness and comfort. It doesn't get more Si than this.

We have an indication of your preferred judging functions here, and it's likely Fe - you like to brainstorm with your closest friends when writing etc - so you like and value the opinions of others, I'm assuming they help guide you and let you know you're on the right path.

Describe your verbal communication skills, your written communication skills, and your body language.
Feel free to go in-depth. If possible, detail your natural communication and body language preferences in various circumstances - with friends, with strangers, at work, in one-on-one situations, in group situations, personal, impersonal, that kind of thing. If anything irritates you about how others communicate, talk about that too.
The more information, the better.

I’m not much of a question person at least not until there’s some sort of connection. I’m very face value. Tell me what you want. While private I’m still an open book. I’ll answer questions. It’s all about connecting and understanding. My family says I have a very expressive face. You know my state of mind by my face. I’m not someone who has a ‘resting bitch face’ quite opposite actually. So I guess if I’m stressed or pissed it shows. I dunno.

In group situations, I get real quiet. I don’t want to interrupt. I feel maybe this person needs this time more than me. I’ve been surrounded by extroverts all my life and saying your piece can be a battle. In one-on-one situations, I’m much more open and alive. I’m very much a performer and can amuse and win people over.

I don’t like conversation hoggers. I’m related to quite a few and you can see when they’ve worn out their welcome. Then I kind of has to play the party pooper and pull them away.
I'm not sure how much Si-Fe a person can actually get, and it's really nice to read, I'm not aware of any other ISFJs on this forum.

Face-value, private but open book, heart-on-sleeve (or face) with regards to emotions, likes human connections and understandings, and you obviously have a deep respect and appreciation for harmony - not wanting to interrupt people when talking, dislike of conversation hoggers (this is because you feel other people should get some airtime too, right?).. all Si-Fe..

Detail a time (or times) in your life when you felt at your absolute best - when you didn't feel any kind of anxiety, when you didn't feel judged, when you felt appreciated for who you are, when you felt at your most creative, when you felt like "you".. you get the gist. You at your best, tell us about it.

I was around people who were passionate and creative. I wasn’t be judged or joked about for being different. I was ‘with my people’ I remember saying. I’m able to brainstorm and really come alive and help and connect with others as they do the same for me.
Ah, so although you're an introvert, you're definitely energised by groups of people that accept you - Fe.
I feel this might be a difficult question to get useful answers from, as the way I've worded it sort of lends itself to imaging yourself being around other people, with regards to not feeling "judged" and feeling "appreciated".

How do you prefer to make decisions?
Run us through your entire decision-making process - use specific examples, if possible - some ideas for your answer -
what questions do you ask yourself, if any? What goes through your mind? What do you take into account? What could alter your decisions? Are you comfortable with making a decision and settling on it? Do you like being able to change your decisions, after you've made them?

I like being able to change my mind after even though I get annoyed at people who do the same damn thing. Indecisiveness is by far one of my worst traits. My process is the ‘How will?’ questions. 5 -10 various how wills.

Can you elaborate a little bit? What specific "how will?" questions do you ask yourself?

Detail some things that piss you off - stress triggers - feel free to explain the reasons why these things irritate you - I don't want to hear about mild irritations - I want to hear about things that simply make your blood boil, or make you want to take action to alter the situation - things that make you want to leave an environment, things that make you dislike someone, things that truly get to you as a person and grate on every fiber of your being.

Pure insensitivity. Like constantly belittling and joking about somebody being different. The more aggressive, the more I want to leave or have to restrain myself from debating. I’m not a debater but oh Lord have mercy on your soul if your bullying someone in front of me.

Practical jokers and class clowns. I have no time for those attention-seeking fools, especially if they are downright cruel about it.
Okay, so obviously F over T preference via dichotomy, and likely Fe considering this responses focus on harmony - not being okay with people being picked on or bullied, and also not liking the disruption of harmony that occurs when practical jokers and class clowns start drawing attention to themselves.

I can't visual type for shit, I put that part there for people who can - my impressions are a general theme for comfort/nostalgia.
First picture seems to suggest introversion - in fact, there is a theme all throughout the five pictures that is introversion - the only one with people in it, is the 4th picture - and it's someone painting, on their own.

The pictures of the animals suggest finding comfort in the simple things in life - a squirrel eating an acorn, a bird doing whatever the hell birds do - simple, real stuff.

The last pic, almost has a kind of sad nostalgia to it (which funnily enough, is a beautiful contrast to the general solitary 'comfort' vibe I got from the other pictures) - brilliant picture, I'd love to hear why you chose this one.

All things considered, I would definitely suggest ISFJ.
I'm aware I've typed you as an ISFJ previously, and I promise I had no bias going into this.

If I've made any assumptions that aren't true, definitely tear them apart.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Turi

how do you try to combat fear with logic?
I think I meant that I try to deal with fear anxiety with facts, data, using past experiences in a positive light. Honestly a lot of what I said Thursday didn't make sense. Everyone seemed to know I was exhausted except me. I pretty much slept through Friday. Hence my delayed response.

What specific "how will?" questions do you ask yourself?
Depending on the situation but it can be "How will this affect things?". "How will you manage if you do?" "How will this help you and others?"
It's something I've been noticing that a lot of my inner monologue has "How wills".

Ah, so although you're an introvert, you're definitely energised by groups of people that accept you - Fe.
I feel this might be a difficult question to get useful answers from, as the way I've worded it sort of lends itself to imaging yourself being around other people, with regards to not feeling "judged" and feeling "appreciated".
With people, in general, I try to be cordial. If I start feeling uncomfortable or insulted by what they're saying then I try to change the subject and use humor or I excuse myself so let myself fume in peace. But I'm far from a saint so there are times that I'm just too emotional or something and the polite demeanor fades and I just think "Okay buddy you have gone and done it, you've released the Kraken. Prepare to be destroyed.'

I think that's where I got mixed up with Fi since I leave fights and situations and thought I was just processing my emotions. But mostly I think I shelter others and even myself from them. I leave to calm done and distract myself so I don't hurt people. Not physically, but their feelings and spirit. I'm observant and insightful and if you pair that with anger and pain I fear I might incinerate the person's soul. Plus using past history against them, yep it's best if I calm down and return to discuss the matters later. The person might be annoyed with me but it's better than being a victim of my fury.

this is because you feel other people should get some airtime too, right?
Exactly.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Turi

On the b/w picture, it's probably a very Si response but the carousel itself reminded me of one my parents took me to as a child and I loved it dearly. It was a great escape for me. I was a princess saving the day or riding to freedom. Whatever I could dream up instead of the mousy girl who had a bullseye that bullies could see.

I like the sad nostalgia of the picture because it's fitting of how I view my history with a bittersweet longing, except it's not so much the memories of childhood as the safe havens my imagination found in amusement parks. I'd say that picture is the best example of me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts