Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, so I was thinking the other day and I have come to a realization that MBTI reminds me of Pokemon. WHY? You ask? Hmm. Well,
From the beginning of the game, you pick which type of Pokemon feels natural for you to train.
From the beginning of life, you unconciously pick your favorite functions.
The goal of the game is training your Pokemon.
In life, you train your functions.
You can catch wild pokemon.
You can develop less used functions that come unnatural to you in life.
You battle people in Pokemon that are a different type trainer than you.
You argue with people of different MB types.
Later in the game, if something drastic happens, you can switch which type of trainer you are by training your other Pokemon instead of your main one.
Training other functions if something drastic happens that changes the way you think

:crazy:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
There's not so much a choice in what functions one uses so much as a predetermination at birth and the potential to repress the development of functions should someone experience certain psychological trauma or damaging stimuli until such time that the effects of the trauma are rectified or growth otherwise naturally occurs, at a slower rate. One cannot really 'train' a function not a part of their personality type to a significant degree, those who've tried have found that it results in being perceived as disingenuous, as it is an unnatural thought process to that individual, and the fact that they're mimicking external sources is evident.

That being said, this isn't meant to be a bubble-bursting moment... just a clarifying one.

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
@Smileygirl I agree with @hoom, you don't choose your functions. Though I do agree you can try to "train" some of them, especially "te" which is the flavor function of the month for ENFPs here it seems...It's said a feeler like us ENFPs can develop our more logical side (but not the other way around!). I guess we argue with the other types, but it's kinda rare. We all have our own spot here and our visitors on this board (usually NTs) are usually very encouraging, and loving, not so much argumentative. Which is nice, because we like harmony.

P.S. Selena, what do you think of your boytoy's Christmas album?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Smileygirl I agree with @hoom, you don't choose your functions. Though I do agree you can try to "train" some of them, especially "te" which is the flavor function of the month for ENFPs here it seems...It's said a feeler like us ENFPs can develop our more logical side (but not the other way around!). I guess we argue with the other types, but it's kinda rare. We all have our own spot here and our visitors on this board (usually NTs) are usually very encouraging, and loving, not so much argumentative. Which is nice, because we like harmony.

P.S. Selena, what do you think of your boytoy's Christmas album?
Okay and uuuggggghhhhhh!!!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how many ENFPs have played Pokemon? I always found that I enjoyed getting to make more decisions for myself and using my own functions to evolve my own character in the game. I liked the feeling of getting to succeed and fail, learning from your mistakes, and getting to participate in all the fun game things while trying to reach an end goal.

I did eventually stop playing cause I like a little more variety in a game than just a new area and different character names to play the same role as another older character. But I loved Pokemon for many years.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bad rap? Methinks "awesomeness personified" and "evil genius" are very GOOD raps. :tongue:
Yeah but ESTPs are sometimes considered airhead jocks that are players :(
And INTJs are sometimes deemed a really mean manipulative version of nerds :(

But every type has a bad label. Enfp's are supposed to be ditzy rainbow loving giggley people but some aren't

1 - 13 of 13 Posts