Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I figured there wasn't quite enough examples of types out there on the internet yet. So, I say we work together and compile a list of pokemon types, and what the corresponding MBTI best-fit is.

Here are the rules:

1) Don't type Normal. That leaves 16 MBTI types and 16 pokemon types. We'll just say Normal is a little bit of everybody.

2) Don't use the same pokemon type or MBTI twice on your list.

3) If you can, try to give a reason why you think your matches are correct.

I'll go first. I think Psychic is INTJ, because they are intelligent, strategic individuals who can sometimes be portrayed as cold.

I think Fire is ESFP, because they love going out, having fun, and experiencing the world, and Fire tends to be associated with that.

I think Flying is ENFP, because they are spontaneous and creative. I can just picture an ENFP jumping into the air and flying away, without any prior warning.

That's all I have. Anybody like to add?

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
I think INTJ is Ice though, and Psychic INFJ. Hm... Ghost INFP and Dark INTP? But which type is getting poison lol?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think INTJ is Ice though, and Psychic INFJ. Hm... Ghost INFP and Dark INTP? But which type is getting poison lol?
I can agree with INTJ being Ice. I was actually considering giving INFP Dragons, since they tend to be the most likely to daydream about fantasy worlds.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Fire - ISTP
Water - INFJ
Electricity - ENTP
Grass - ISFP
Ice - ENTJ
Fighting - ESTP
Posion - INTP
Ground - ESFP
Flying - ENFP
Psychic - INTJ
Bug - ISFJ
Rock - ENFJ
Dragon - ESFJ
Steel - ISTJ
Ghost - INFP
Dark - ESTJ

I'll do my reasons later.

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
I can agree with INTJ being Ice. I was actually considering giving INFP Dragons, since they tend to be the most likely to daydream about fantasy worlds.
I think Ghost is better as they only partially are in this world, yet lingering around with their Fi. I imagine Dragons as guardians so obviously that has to be stereotyped to ESTJ.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Dragon hey, I like you :) although I feel slightly inclined to disagree. Ive always felt the ESFJ is more grass type due to the healing nature of most grass type moves. I guess its because of the deck I run, Superiors heal everyone whilst sitting on the bench supporting. Yet it isnt a behind the scenes type thing, everyone knows whats going on.

Still looking forwards to your reasoning.

Reactions: Inguz

·
Registered
15 Posts
normal is a caring, giving type. i think rock/ground should be typed as one.
i've thought a lot about this. i understand the pokemon types, but i'm trying to get a better feel for all the MBTI types so i can more accurately compare them. :)

·
Banned
1,520 Posts
Haha, cool idea. Here's my list

INTJ - Dark
INFP - Ghost
INTP - Flying
INFJ - Water
ISTP - Ground
ISTJ - Bug
ISFP - Dragon
ISFJ - Grass
ENTP - Fire
ESTP - Fighting
ESTJ - Poison
ENFP - Ice
ENFJ - Psychic
ESFP - Electric
ESFJ - Rock
ENTJ - Steel

·
Registered
558 Posts
INTP - Psychic - They are the thinkers, after all. Psychic pokemon are often fragile, but can be absolute powerhouses when utilized at the right moment. This type also has a lot of tricks up its sleeve, like sleep, confusion, and healing, making it useful in lots of situations, something I think fits TiNe.

INTJ - Dark - These pokemon are often tricky and always seem to be one step ahead. While psychic pokemon are the thinkers, I think dark best utilizes the 'mastermind' name. Something like Zoroark's illusion ability requires a lot of careful set-up and planning.

ENTP - Flying - Flying pokemon are very versatile, as they have almost every possible Flying/Other Type combination used and are very often dual types, allowing for a ton of creative possibilities. Also, most of them are able to learn Fly, which allows you to go instantly from one town to another. No matter how many ideas you have for things to do in all these different towns, you can get there instantly with a flying type.

ENTJ - Steel - Steel types are often great team leads, due to their normally high defenses which make them difficult to take down in one hit, as well as the set-up moves a lot of them have (Stealth Rock, Spikes, etc). Steel isn't quite as versatile as flying, but much like flying you have a variety of dual types to pick from. Because Steels are such great leads, you have to plan carefully and judge which dual type is your best choice so you can get off to a good start.

Just my thoughts on the NTs...I might do the rest later.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i'm trying to figure this out. i made an MBTI avatar the last airbender sort of thing:
MBTI Avatar Bending Pics.jpg

so air = flying, fire, water, earth = rock.
then, to add the other pokemon elements, we could combine them. ice = air (flying) + water, electric = air + fire, etc. it gets difficult, though. so i'll probably organize the other elements based on personality traits of the element parents (electric personality = traits from both air + fire) and then compare with MBTI.

i'll be back. off to ponder.

Reactions: Raichu

·
Banned
1,534 Posts
i'm trying to figure this out. i made an MBTI avatar the last airbender sort of thing:
View attachment 51753

so air = flying, fire, water, earth = rock.
then, to add the other pokemon elements, we could combine them. ice = air (flying) + water, electric = air + fire, etc. it gets difficult, though. so i'll probably organize the other elements based on personality traits of the element parents (electric personality = traits from both air + fire) and then compare with MBTI.

i'll be back. off to ponder.
Love the avatar thing :p but shouldn't earth = ground, instead of rock?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i had a problem separating the two, but i would think rock is more solid than ground, because rock = ROCK and ground = sand, dirt, etc, so its a bit more flexible/adaptable so somewhere between earth[rock] and water. :)

·
Banned
194 Posts
ISFJ-Bug
INFJ-Water
ESFJ-Normal
INTP-Ice
ENFJ-Dragon
INFP-Ghost/ Fairy
ESFP-Fire
ISTJ-Rock/ Ground
ENFP-Flying
ISTP-Poison
ENTJ-Steel
INTJ-Psychic
ISFP-Grass
ESTJ-Dark
ENTP-Electric
ESTP-Fighting

Reactions: lackofmops

·
Registered
868 Posts
Ni- Psychic, Dragon
Ne- Electric, Water
Si- Ground, Normal
Se- Fighting, Fire
Ti- Rock, Dark
Te- Steel, Ice
Fi- Ghost, Bug
Fe- Grass, Poison

Some moves have exceptions. Such as, Ne can be Psychic and Fi can be Water.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Fire - ISTP
Water - INFJ
Electricity - ENTP
Grass - ISFP
Ice - ENTJ
Fighting - ESTP
Posion - INTP
Ground - ESFP
Flying - ENFP
Psychic - INTJ
Bug - ISFJ
Rock - ENFJ
Dragon - ESFJ
Steel - ISTJ
Ghost - INFP
Dark - ESTJ

I'll do my reasons later.
Why is ENTJ ice? We're very intense and aggressive, more like fire. But I'd probably say rock, because we're stupidly stubborn.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Oh the childhood memories. I'm not gonna be deep about it, or focus on poke type weaknesses. I'm just gonna go with it.

Bug - ISTJ (lol)
Flying - ENFP
Psychic - INFJ
Fighting - ESTP
Steel - ISTP
Rock - ESTJ
Grass - INFP
Water - ENFJ
Ghost - INTJ
Dragon - ENTJ
Dark - ISFP
Electric - ENTP