Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Mastodon Hunter
8,093 Posts
To each his own, I suppose... But if a partner of mine decides to pole dance for me I may just break up with her on the spot. If she's doing that it is evident she doesn't really know anything about me. I find it very unattractive.

·
Registered
105 Posts
there's a difference between pole dancing and stripping. pole dancing is no different than any other form of gymnastics. stripping on a pole is used for the obvious.

i enjoy both.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
You really need to be super athletic to pull off poll dancing. I've been in 0 strip clubs where this is performed, so I don't know if it will turn me on. But, let's not rush to judgment. So, I guess I would say sexual artform. Also you have to commit to this to learning the moves to do it right and not get hurt. So I would put it on the same level as karate-a non sexual artform, which requires knowledge of movement.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
All I can think of is the scene in Exes and Ohs in which the main character completely dorks out while trying to pole dance.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
@chimeric I'm with you, sister! Thanks for putting up the awesome videos! I don't do it myself, but might invest time later in learning some basics. Regardless, it is sooooo impressive, artful, and just stunning to watch. I also find it quite sexy. Why wouldn't it be? I think people are just going off their negative misconceptions, honestly.

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
@chimeric I'm with you, sister! Thanks for putting up the awesome videos! I don't do it myself, but might invest time later in learning some basics. Regardless, it is sooooo impressive, artful, and just stunning to watch. I also find it quite sexy. Why wouldn't it be? I think people are just going off their negative misconceptions, honestly.
Right?

Like... I'm an absurdly heterosexual person, but that last video I posted... I have a bit of a crush. :blushed:

·
MOTM Sept 2014
8,492 Posts
It's impressive no doubt, takes skill and strength. So from that perspective I appreciate it.

But... bit tacky, yeah. Not my style. I would feel incredibly silly twisting myself around a metal pole (I am also clumsy as hell, so maybe that's just me).

Then again, I find most forms of dancing silly. I don't mind if other people do it, it's exercise and if you enjoy it, go for it. I don't find it sexual though and find it a bit embarrassing when seduction is the goal. Buuuut... I'm a weirdo, so who knows.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
I'd love to learn how to pole dance! I think it'd be fun as a type of exercise and a type of dance. And if my SO enjoys it, even better :tongue: It doesn't always have to be sexual either. I've seen some entertaining pole dances performed to more emotional songs. It conveyed feelings just as well as any contemporary dance would.

I'm kinda disappointed it seems to have a bad rep in this forum.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Pole dancing is more about strength than sexy. I remember climbing the fireman's pole as a kid and doing stupid stunts on it. But I was in gymnastics. I went to a bachelorette party with a 2 hour pole dancing lesson. It was a LOT of fun! My hands were really sore.

Tackiness isn't all that relevant to me. It's just plain fun and that's what matters. If you're into pole dancing, the real question is are you enjoying yourself?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts