Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I'm a classical liberal/libertarian.

I think youger people are way more liberal than conservative however. I always find it easier to find teenagers or young adults being leftists than conservatives or libertarians. I still think the left wing is more abundant.
Winston Churchill did once say "If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain".
The younger generation is always the most liberal, and large numbers of them do become more conservative as they get older and become less naive about the world and start raising families of their own.
Baby Boomers were liberal hippies in the late 60s early 70s, now they're very conservative.
Generation X were liberal slackers in the late 80s early 90s, now they're considered one of the most conservative generations.

Older Millennials born in the early-mid 80s are already going through this, they voted way more conservative in 2016 than they did in 2012 and 2008. Trump's numbers with this group are huge compared to Romney's and McCain's in the last two elections, and Hillary's numbers are way smaller than Obama's in the last two elections.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Winston Churchill did once say "If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain".
The younger generation is always the most liberal, and large numbers of them do become more conservative as they get older and become less naive about the world and start raising families of their own.
Baby Boomers were liberal hippies in the late 60s early 70s, now they're very conservative.
Generation X were liberal slackers in the late 80s early 90s, now they're considered one of the most conservative generations.

Older Millennials born in the early-mid 80s are already going through this, they voted way more conservative in 2016 than they did in 2012 and 2008. Trump's numbers with this group are huge compared to Romney's and McCain's in the last two elections, and Hillary's numbers are way smaller than Obama's in the last two elections.
That is due to the fact that what we consider 'conservative' and 'liberal' often change with the passing generals. The current liberal thought will eventually be conservative as Generation Z grow to be the older generation. Our beliefs stay with us, especially when our prefrontal cortex stops developing around the age of 25. Once we have these beliefs, the said beliefs will eventually be considered 'conservative' one day - and the beliefs of the newer generation will be 'liberal'.

Unfortunately, the election itself is confirmed - even by the US's intelligence agencies - that it's rigged. Trump refused to allow a re-vote, and in spite of that, Clinton won the popular vote. Trump won through an utterly outdated system used by the founding fathers to 'prevent the misinformed' from voting, and it turned out rather ironically. Clinton's also immensely unpopular; I would prefer to see Sanders pit against Trump for an interesting left vs right fight among the voters.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts

Yeah, I always noticed how the left seems to want to solve problems based on their feelings while the right does the opposite (this only applies to economical issues, not civil rights like gay marriage and so on).

While liberals want the poor to be taken care of with welfare and such, conservatives/libertarians generally just think it's better to provide them education and leave them on their own to make a living for themselves (except ancaps or the most extreme minarchists who think taxes should just be for the military, police, firefighters and courts).

I guess I'm only in the libertarian spectrum because I'm a borderline thinker and I feel like both my feeling and thinking functions are relatively strong. Otherwise, if I were guided by my feelings way more, I'd probably be a liberal.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm interested in seeing if Generation Z will be as politically charged as the Millennials. From what I gather I'm far less interested in politics than most ENFPs. SJWs come across as very militant to me. The environment is my biggest issue, because we don't get to say I'm sorry to a hole in the ozone layer. No do overs. I don't think congress proposing a bill is the answer to every social ill. I do have a libertarian side, but I'm also in line with many progressive ideals. I don't think force is the answer. When you push people push back. It's better to have a discourse and educate one another, not infringe on their freedoms. I'm always wary of slippery slopes and relinquishing freedoms without a really sound reason can get ugly in a hurry.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
That is due to the fact that what we consider 'conservative' and 'liberal' often change with the passing generals. The current liberal thought will eventually be conservative as Generation Z grow to be the older generation. Our beliefs stay with us, especially when our prefrontal cortex stops developing around the age of 25. Once we have these beliefs, the said beliefs will eventually be considered 'conservative' one day - and the beliefs of the newer generation will be 'liberal'.

Unfortunately, the election itself is confirmed - even by the US's intelligence agencies - that it's rigged. Trump refused to allow a re-vote, and in spite of that, Clinton won the popular vote. Trump won through an utterly outdated system used by the founding fathers to 'prevent the misinformed' from voting, and it turned out rather ironically. Clinton's also immensely unpopular; I would prefer to see Sanders pit against Trump for an interesting left vs right fight among the voters.
The electoral college exists and not a popular vote system because the US is a constitutional republic, not a direct democracy. Even Thomas Jefferson once called democracy "mob rule". The Connecticut Compromise was imposed in 1787 to make sure that all states had a fair say, and so that big states like Virginia and Pennsylvania would not dictate small states like Delaware and Rhode Island. As far as the 2016 election goes, if you remove California, Trump wins the popular vote.
Without the electoral college, we're not the United StateS of America, we're just the United StatE of America.

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
Far-left, democratic communist & marxist

Churchill was an antisemitist too, and he was an oppurtunist. He wouldn't mind cooperating with Hitler but he was smart enough to know he didn't had a chance. Just like Franco from spain!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Far-left, democratic communist & marxist

Churchill was an antisemitist too, and he was an oppurtunist. He wouldn't mind cooperating with Hitler but he was smart enough to know he didn't had a chance. Just like Franco from spain!
Yeah except he followed the same agenda that the semites did as well. He could have co-operated with him, but he did not want to, similarly how he did not want to make peace with Germany that could have slaughtered the whole of Britania if they wanted to.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Classical Liberal. Both my parents are ardent Democrats so I supported Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012, but a wider breadth of reading in the past few years has made me swing towards the right in matters of economics. However, I'm still very socially...ah...I prefer "libertarian", because the word "liberal" by itself has been bastardized.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Socially, i definitely lean left, but economically I lean right.
My friends call me a living paradox, because I'm gay and I voted for Trump. However, in my defense, I would have voted for Johnson if he had a better shot at winning. :unsure:

·
Registered
20 Posts
As I'm from the United Kingdom, I am not particularly knowledgeable in the American-lingo for politics. However in my country, I am definitely a labour supporter. However I sadly think that the current leader of the party is unelectable, and therefore I am voting Liberal Democrat next election. Which is interesting, because when I was 14-17 I was siding more towards the Conservatives.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Born in '97, I'm a conservative and an INFP. A paleocon and Evangelical if you want to get into more particular boxes. I guess it's sorta like what you would get if you put C.S Lewis, Adam Smith, George Washington, and Calvin Coolidge in a conference room and told them to figure something out. Sorta vibes of "newer isn't better, we can build a world where people are allowed to care for their families and themselves and that will be better for everyone in the end, can't help everyone but everyone can help someone". Practically that comes out as pro-border security, pro life, pro gun, pro nationalist, pro-family/anti-gov't involving itself in marriage at all, anti welfare (personal and corporate), mixed on foreign intervention, largely anti-feminist in the modern sense, apathetic concerning LGB-types as long as they do their part as good citizens and don't self-insert into everything.

I suppose you could toss an "alt-right" streak in there, as I do hold a strong affection for Western civilization.

In no way do I pretend to represent INFPs or my generation

·
Registered
275 Posts
Anarcho-transhumanist at your service.
Just so you can get an idea of where I sit demographically, I'm female, a person of colour, bisexual, living in Ireland and a physics student.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I believe in the American Republic, Religious freedom and I am ultra conservative.
I am independent because the Democratic and Republican parties are two sides of the same deceptive coin.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
As I'm from the United Kingdom, I am not particularly knowledgeable in the American-lingo for politics. However in my country, I am definitely a labour supporter. However I sadly think that the current leader of the party is unelectable, and therefore I am voting Liberal Democrat next election. Which is interesting, because when I was 14-17 I was siding more towards the Conservatives.
Voting Lib Dem? That's a shame.

I am definitely a right wing libertarian.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I used to be more liberal, but because of all this extremism, riots, ridiculous PC culture I'd moved more conservative and to the right. Though, I would consider myself more of an independent than a republican or democrat. I have a mix of both views.

Ex:
I don't think we should be giving out welfare, however I think we should decriminalize drugs and tax them.
I don't think we should try to get rid of guns or put massive restrictions on them, however I think we should allow abortions.

8 Posts
Politically, I'm a liberal and Democrat (as in, Democratic Party of the USA). I'm more akin to Bernie Sanders but I'm not as left as him. I consider myself a social democrat and support universal healthcare, universal college tuition, pro-choice (REMEMBER, Pro-choice is NOT pro-abortion) and so on. I am conservative on gun rights, death penalty, and couple other things.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm 16 and I'm really conservative. Actually more libertarian on some things. I'm surprised you see our gen as conservative though. I have a hard time finding conservatives under the age of 30.Trump wasn't my first pick. (Really supported Carson, then Rand, then Cruz)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used to be more liberal, but because of all this extremism, riots, ridiculous PC culture I'd moved more conservative and to the right. Though, I would consider myself more of an independent than a republican or democrat. I have a mix of both views.

Ex:
I don't think we should be giving out welfare, however I think we should decriminalize drugs and tax them.
I don't think we should try to get rid of guns or put massive restrictions on them, however I think we should allow abortions.
Check out Libertarianism. It sound right up your alley.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Born Jan 16th 1996 - basically the very beginning of Gen Z but I still count. Also I'm an INFP --- Green Party US, I care a lot about people, especially the less fortunate, I hate the idea of war, weed should be legal and taxed, Environmentalist, I support Social Justice, Social Equality, LGBT rights, Coexist etc. I was a big Bernie Supporter but when he lost the rigged primary to closet-republican Hillary Clinton I switched to the Green Party and I feel more at home here. I refused to stain my hands with the blood of the victims that both of those individuals (Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton) would have or already have spilt and I voted Jill Stein. Both the Democrat and Republican parties are basically the same, huge and corrupt. It doesn't matter who we elect from these parties (except more outsiders like Rand from the Republicans and Bernie from the Democrats) the end result will always be the same. Screw the poor, we need war, less regulations, cut social safety net, people who need assistance from the government are moochers and lazy etc. It's all bullcrap. ------------------ Religiously I was raised a Catholic but now I am very open minded and religiously tolerant, The only thing I believe from Christianity is God and his angels and their triumph over evil, their belief that the disadvantaged should be taken care of and Jesus saying "Love all as I have loved you." I pray every day but here is where I diverge. I believe in a number of things ranging from supernatural beings to using white magic for good and for protection. I use a blessed crucifix in my prayers and I have a blessed amulet with the sigil of the Archangel Michael with a cat's eye gem, I use other amulets as well such as the Egyptian eye of Horus with a turquoise eye on a onyx background and an amber amulet all for protection and used to boost certain mental things like my Intuition, luck, and connection to the elements and the energy of the universe.

21 - 40 of 115 Posts