Personality Cafe banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Social anarchist. So not even the slightest bit conservative.

Reactions: Tipo

·
Registered
278 Posts
Recently I found out that Gen Z begins with 1996 which to me feels like Christmas came early because I went so long thinking I was one of those pusscake millenials.

So, how about you guys? The nice thing about this place is that it's anonymous so no one has to care about being called a racist or any of that crap. I'm thinking my NT brothers especially will be nice intelligent conservatives, but if we get some NF centrists in here I'll also consider that a huge step in the right direction.
NT liberal sister here and actually people who are more highly intelligent more often say they are liberal Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? - TIME
Of course more studies must be conducted and correlation is not causation; I merely wanted to demonstrate your bias.

Also, if you don't wannna be called racist then don't be racist. It's simple

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
NT liberal sister here and actually people who are more highly intelligent more often say they are liberal Study: Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives? - TIME
Of course more studies must be conducted and correlation is not causation; I merely wanted to demonstrate your bias.

"Kanazawa found that more-intelligent GSS respondents (as measured by a quick but highly reliable synonym test) were less likely to agree that the government has a responsibility to reduce income and wealth differences. In other words, intelligent people might like to portray themselves as liberal. But in the end, they know that it's good to be the king."

They identify as liberals because liberalism is associated with intelligence or progressiveness. Might also have something to do with the pervasive belief on uni campuses that people who aren't liberals are the scum of the Earth.

·
Registered
278 Posts
"Kanazawa found that more-intelligent GSS respondents (as measured by a quick but highly reliable synonym test) were less likely to agree that the government has a responsibility to reduce income and wealth differences. In other words, intelligent people might like to portray themselves as liberal. But in the end, they know that it's good to be the king."
Quotation from results of the Kanazawa study: "It would be very difficult for individuals to prefer or value something that they cannot truly comprehend. So, applied to the origin of preferences and values, the Hypothesis suggests that more intelligent individuals may be more likely than less intelligent individuals to acquire and espouse evolutionarily novel preferences and values that did not exist in the ancestral environment and thus our ancestors did not have, but general intelligence has no effect on the acquisition and espousal of evolutionarily familiar preferences and values that existed in the ancestral environment." Why Liberals and Atheists are More Intelligent | American Sociological Association

Evolutionarily novel ideologies- altruism towards strangers (liberalism), sexual exclusivity, and atheism. (Maybe even vegetarianism, which is evolutionarily unbeneficiary.) I do not know how a synonym test could determine political leaning, sounds psychological in nature and not very conclusive. Many liberals are very aware of the dark nooks and crannies in human nature and in themselves, but want a better world and so try to act more decently. Sure you can tell yourself it's good to "be the king" because you're conservative, but are you actually a king? Unless you mean something else by this, conservatism probably won't benefit you in the way you believe it will. Also, why would intelligent people "like" to portray themselves as liberal? This will not get them anything, and if they present themselves as such and are intelligent there is a strong likelihood they did their research and know the differences between political ideologies. Even if a synonym test could accurately test their leaning and found self-proclaimed liberals to be more conservative, perhaps they believe government should provide for their citizens as such but know that it won't. In fact, many liberals on this thread have said they are anarchists, in opposition of any government(s). (Conversely, this could also be seen as most conservative, as the government would have no control at all.)

They identify as liberals because liberalism is associated with intelligence or progressiveness.
So some people are liberals out of fear, conservatives in hiding? If you are intelligent it is unlikely for you to conform to a group just to seem intelligent, or hide your politics, unless you live in a Nazi Germany equivalent.

Might also have something to do with the pervasive belief on uni campuses that people who aren't liberals are the scum of the Earth.
Jealous? haha

Reactions: Scoobyscoob

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Quotation from results of the Kanazawa study: "It would be very difficult for individuals to prefer or value something that they cannot truly comprehend. So, applied to the origin of preferences and values, the Hypothesis suggests that more intelligent individuals may be more likely than less intelligent individuals to acquire and espouse evolutionarily novel preferences and values that did not exist in the ancestral environment and thus our ancestors did not have, but general intelligence has no effect on the acquisition and espousal of evolutionarily familiar preferences and values that existed in the ancestral environment." Why Liberals and Atheists are More Intelligent | American Sociological Association

Evolutionarily novel ideologies- altruism towards strangers (liberalism), sexual exclusivity, and atheism. (Maybe even vegetarianism, which is evolutionarily unbeneficiary.) I do not know how a synonym test could determine political leaning, sounds psychological in nature and not very conclusive. Many liberals are very aware of the dark nooks and crannies in human nature and in themselves, but want a better world and so try to act more decently. Sure you can tell yourself it's good to "be the king" because you're conservative, but are you actually a king? Unless you mean something else by this, conservatism probably won't benefit you in the way you believe it will. Also, why would intelligent people "like" to portray themselves as liberal? This will not get them anything, and if they present themselves as such and are intelligent there is a strong likelihood they did their research and know the differences between political ideologies. Even if a synonym test could accurately test their leaning and found self-proclaimed liberals to be more conservative, perhaps they believe government should provide for their citizens as such but know that it won't. In fact, many liberals on this thread have said they are anarchists, in opposition of any government(s). (Conversely, this could also be seen as most conservative, as the government would have no control at all.)

So some people are liberals out of fear, conservatives in hiding? If you are intelligent it is unlikely for you to conform to a group just to seem intelligent, or hide your politics, unless you live in a Nazi Germany equivalent.

Jealous? haha
Heheh. I'm sorry, but I can't help but assume that you have no clue what it's actually like being a conservative on a university campus. "Conservatives in hiding", can actually be a rather apt of way of putting it.

And yeah, it's hard not to be jealous when you're surrounded by people who dominate the culture and have the power to make you an effective outcast in a place where difference in opinion should be celebrated.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Heheh. I'm sorry, but I can't help but assume that you have no clue what it's actually like being a conservative on a university campus. "Conservatives in hiding", can actually be a rather apt of way of putting it.

And yeah, it's hard not to be jealous when you're surrounded by people who dominate the culture and have the power to make you an effective outcast in a place where difference in opinion should be celebrated.
next you're gonna start whining about how hard being a white anglosaxon christian is in this day in age

·
Registered
425 Posts
I already posted but I want to make it simpler here for everyone to see. -- I was born in a very conservative state at the start of a conservative generation and yet I am vastly different.

My Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -7.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.05

I don't care for labels because I don't fit but if I were to choose a label I would say I am a Green 100%

17861903_1265717423547756_3705480642532601015_n.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a New Democrat, which are the moderate Democrats. Economically, I'm pretty moderate and open to any ideas both liberal and conservative. Sociall, very liberal.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.62

pol compass.jpg

I generally agree with the right. Voted green last election, I didnt have much of a clue about politics back then and their views seemed alright. Will probably vote for euroskeptics in future elections, if there is still something euro to be skeptical about then.

Most probably would have voted Trump back during the election if I was from the states. Definitely wouldve voted Trump knowing what I know now.

I strongly disagree with unnecessary military intervention, used to be pretty much complete pacifist but now Im leaning towards supporting a war of defense or liberation, not the middle eastern kind of liberation, mind you. That was a huge mistake. This is the main reason why now I dont support the gung ho Bush stuff or the warmongering of the Obama era. Its so strange, so many people seemed to support Hillary, even though she was practically advocating for World War 3.

I'm white, working class, born in 1998 and far-left. I'm an anarcho-syndicalist and believe in the total abolition of capitalism and social and economic hierarchy in favour of a community-controlled, resource-based, free and equal society.
Boi :laughing:

Who decides what is racist? jeez stay on the ball

·
Registered
278 Posts
Who decides what is racist? jeez stay on the ball
Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
So just don't do that. Also, majorities do not decide what racism is to minorities. In this day this means white people.
Why would you vote for the Green Party and then trump? And...what do you mean, Hillary would've started wwIII? xD nvm don't answer me, just wanna call it out, don't answer pls :laughing:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Have I observed that there are a lot of alt right ppl on here. I wonder why that is. I don't think it has to do with age/generation

·
Registered
147 Posts
Some of my views are very, very conservative. I am very pro-gun; I have a conceal carry permit and am going to buy a handgun once I'm old enough. I also support the military and care a lot about national security. I don't really support affirmative action or anything like that because I think it's unfair. These programs exist to get minorities on equal footing since they have been mistreated in the past, but you can't always look at people as a group. There are individuals who have been rejected by employers and schools because they are not part of a minority.

Some of my views are very, very liberal. I am a feminist and a supporter of the LGBT community. I feel that women should be able to serve in the military, and should be drafted as long as we have a draft. I think that religion has no place in schools or government. I also think we need prison reform and a focus on rehabilitation (probably the most extreme view I have considering how most people view offenders). I think services like healthcare and community college should be rights, not privileges. I am against parents hitting their children to discipline them and think they should be prosecuted for doing so; it doesn't make sense considering it is illegal to hit an adult but perfectly fine to hit your child.

Basically, I would be a conservative/republican if they got rid of all the stuff that stems from religion. And I would be a liberal/democrat if they took facts and data into account instead of basing everything on feelings.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts