Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to find correlations.

If you don't know your type just choose whatever feels right or is the closest.

I can't put images or links yet, so please search up political left vs right yourself if you don't know. Sorry!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
entp = hitler
I've always heard that Hitler was INFJ. Not sure though.

If you're talking about the political theory ENTP is closest to, why hitler?

·
Registered
9,816 Posts
i'm an infp and i support (libertarian) communism

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm an infp and i support (libertarian) communism
Hi, i don't know thaaat much about politics so please explain what libertarian communism is. Is it the ideal of communism (bottom left corner of political compass)? Because usually communist nations are considered rather authoritarian.

Or maybe i'm talking about something completely different.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
5,276 Posts
ENTJ and I suppose my core beliefs coincide most closely with social democracy.

However, since I live in the US and there's no accurate conception of liberalism here I'd consider myself to be a center-left centrist.

If any of you play the game NationStates: I usually aim for a "Left-leaning college state". I would go for "Capitalizt" but the game seems to correlate economics with pollution. So "Left-leaning college state" is typically my go-to as that seems like the best compromise and most fitting of my playstyle.

:happy:

·
Registered
302 Posts
I hate to be that guy but, the left/right political divide is only semi-useful in describing the seating arrangement of national assembly. It sort of makes sense in the Enlightenment context where the divide was strictly political*. In the mid-20th century context, a triangular graph with liberalism/democracy, communism, and fascism as the points works much better; political parties can then be described as a combination of the three.
faction-chart.jpg I need to play HOI3 again.
The cartesian-style political compass(left/right,authoritarian/libertarian) is an improvement but you still have weird things like Hitler being a centrist, an authoritarian one but still. A better system would be 3-dimensional (social,economic,authority) if only the general public could in 3-dimensions. *Rant over*

ISTP - Enlightened Alt-Centrist[SUP]TM[/SUP] (aka a jaded leftwing-libertarian)

*Only the most radical of the radicals even questioned property rights, the conflicts over economic policy had to do with noble and guild privileges, state-sanctioned monopolies, and internal tariffs; all of these were restricts on personal liberty by the state and thus considered more of a political issue.
[spolier]As a side note, colonial Latin America is a great example of how not to run an empire. Trade between colonies, at least at the viceregal level was generally banned, expect by very limiting charters from the crown. During the 1740's only one or two ships a year were allowed to trade a dye from Mexico to Peru and this was never enough to allow for full textile production. Did the crown increase the amount of dye that was allowed to be traded? Of course not. At one point Venezuela was banned from exporting leather, to everyone, including Spain; the cattle wasn't hurting the rest of Venezuela's exports, ranchers in Spain were complaining that leather was getting too cheap. Is it really surprising that around 30% of all trade in the New World was smuggling, and it basically created Buenos Aries. It was cheaper and easier to sail to Buenos Aires, then up the Rio de la Plata, then over land across the Andes to Peru than it was to pay all of the licensees and tariffs.[/spolier]

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@dismountedhussar Hmm, i like that triangle format. Makes more sense than most of the models i've seen. It's nice to be able to put Hitler on a more extreme spot rather than centrist/authoritarian and i really like the visual representation of the mixing of ideologies/methods that goes on between the 3 corners.

The only reason i made this left/right was that it's so much easier to explain, and also the polls can only go up to 20 answers and even if we were allowed to go beyond that, it would just get too confusing and tedious-looking. And because not many people would vote, we would just get maybe 1 vote per option and some left with no votes.

Maybe it would be nice to make another thread with the triangle format and have people place themselves on it?

I might just be brain-dead in the morning, but what flag is that in the communist corner?

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
INTJ Ultranationalist. All nations should be free! Civic Nationalism is inclusive, not exclusive!

Resist the one-world super-state! Resistance is your sacred duty and Liberty is your birthright!

Reactions: SilentScream

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The red flag looks like Mongolia(possibly Tannu Tuva) and the yellow flag is Sinkiang.
Thanks, i'll look more into that. And people say video games don't teach you anything!

·
Registered
9,816 Posts
Thanks, i'll look more into that. And people say video games don't teach you anything!
They do.. They learned me english and they learned me so many things...

I've played HoI 3 too, and HoI 4.

Reactions: Highway Nights

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Lakigigar What language(s) do you speak?

Yes i think my 7th grade class learned the world map through geography games and Risk - board games can teach you things too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm not sure about left versus right, but I think I'm mostly libertarian while also being pro-life, mostly anti-war, and pro-government aid when necessary. So probably more right-leaning if we're going off of the definition of small government vs big government?

If anyone knows a word for that or a good political typology spectrum I can look at let me know. ^^ I've been called a pacifist but I feel like it isn't entirely true and doesn't really qualify as a political opinion regardless.

·
Registered
9,816 Posts
@Lakigigar What language(s) do you speak?

Yes i think my 7th grade class learned the world map through geography games and Risk - board games can teach you things too.
Dutch, English and a bit of French. And a few words German / Swedish.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
They do.. They learned me english and they learned me so many things...

I've played HoI 3 too, and HoI 4.
I have a Bangladeshi friend who learned English from watching movies.

I've always struggled to learn languages (although pretty at recognizing them along with dialects and accents), so I'm always very impressed when people are able to catch on to a foreign language just by watching speakers interact, or interfacing with a game. It's an excellent skill to have, and can open up a ton of avenues for people.

What games were the most helpful for you when getting a grasp of English?

·
Registered
9,816 Posts
I have a Bangladeshi friend who learned English from watching movies.

I've always struggled to learn languages (although pretty at recognizing them along with dialects and accents), so I'm always very impressed when people are able to catch on to a foreign language just by watching speakers interact, or interfacing with a game. It's an excellent skill to have, and can open up a ton of avenues for people.

What games were the most helpful for you when getting a grasp of English?
Not one game in particular, but games like:
Runescape (unavailable in Dutch)
Pokémon (unavailable in Dutch)
strategy games like Civilization / Europa Universalis / Paradox (all unavailable in Dutch)

made it easier to learn english.

Though my english was still quite bad until a few years ago. I think watching shows like The Big Bang Theory and watching more & more movies definitely did improve my english (sometimes using english subtitles). The American presidential elections actually helped me a lot as well, since i've read a lot of stuff in english. I've also read a lot of wikipedia articles in english, because there is simply so much more information on english wikipedia, and it happens quite frequently that i can't find the information i'm looking for in my own language. I'm an expert in meteorology and climatology, and i always use the English version of wikipedia if i want to research something. If i want to research on certain stuff, i use english websites since the dutch websites are simply insufficient. I actually prefer to use the english wikipedia in general. I like a lot of facebook pages in english on my facebook. English is just part of my daily life. I think i even read and hear more english nowadays than my native language despite living in Belgium and never hearing english in real-life... (but i have social phobia). It has even happened that i started talking in english against people... That's weird lol. And i use a lot of english words in my language as well that i borrowed. It also did happen that i forgot a certain word in my language and that i had to say it in english... (to remember was an example of such a word :p ), but sometimes i have those little blackouts. I also forgot my pin code twice... (once with a debit card on an ATM and once with the password on my laptop despite using it every day. )

And PerC definitely helped a lot with writing and reading of course. My english definitely did improve a lot in the first months after i registered on here. Sometimes i can still read my posts from january, february and march 2016 and the english in these posts is definitely worse.

·
Registered
ISTP 5w6
3,186 Posts
ISTP and don't really care about it. I just vote some small ass guy that I'm sure of that he doesn't win so my vote doesn't completely go to waste.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts