Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you politically, and why?

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apathetic, because people give me headaches and my kidneys can only handle so many painkillers.
C'mon Bitchard, I'm sure you still lean towards something regardless of your choice to remain apathetic to your surrounding political situation.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Currently completely against the democratic system as a whole. The democratic system revolves around the opinion of the majority to lead the country's decisions. The problem: Those intelligent enough and skilled enough to make educated decisions are in the very, VERY small minority, and this is coming from someone who considers himself part of the majority. Those who make the best decisions are essentially ignored while the uninformed, the ignorant, and the emotional are left to run the country.

·
Registered
856 Posts
C'mon Bitchard, I'm sure you still lean towards something regardless of your choice to remain apathetic to your surrounding political situation.
@Richard, you know I said I'm going to start calling you failing-a-PhD-with-flying-colours Richard? I take it back. I'm going to start calling you Bitchard.

In answer to your question, Mr Jalapeno, I'm inherently left-wing but I don't actually care who's in power. Their policies are all essentially the same.

When I can vote (i.e. the next election) it will be for The Official Monster Raving Loony Party.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Trying to formulate systems around people does my head in. I honestly have never attempted to situate myself in the political realm.

I would have to give the nature of man some serious thought before even claiming to have a point of view on the matter.
It all seems like a pointless ego filled game that will never cease to be rife with corruption and patchwork that leaves more holes than it fixes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Progressive libertarian. Technically. But i'm not a voter, because currently that changes nothing. Even if voting did matter, i'm not entirely sure what would be achieved by my idea of the perfect government. In a twisted way, i sometimes feel like the current political situation is ideal. I get to enjoy all the benefits of having a government that fucks other countries over for resources, in turn making my life more comfortable, but i don't have to suffer any of the guilt because i'm powerless to change anything. You can even make a career out of 'exposing' our corrupt system, whilst enjoying all the luxuries it has to offer and feeling like you're fighting against the 'man'. It's all rather absurd.

·
Banned
5,669 Posts
Trying to formulate systems around people does my head in. I honestly have never attempted to situate myself in the political realm.

I would have to give the nature of man some serious thought before even claiming to have a point of view on the matter.
It all seems like a pointless ego filled game that will never cease to be rife with corruption and patchwork that leaves more holes than it fixes.
Yeah, not a lot of fucks to give over here.

Balance the damn budgets. I like Andrew Cuomo for doing that in NY without raising taxes.

That's about as deep into politics as I wanna get, ever.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I don't even know anymore...I used to identify myself as a Libertarian, but I'm just not happy with any particular party anymore.

I'm almost 42, fwiw. I've been voting in presidential elections since 1988, and I've seen how both democrats and republicans screw things up. I'm tired of voting for "the lesser of two evils".

I voted for Michael Badnarik, the Libertarian candidate, in 2004. He's a Constitutional Scholar and IMO, he's brilliant.

Right now I think the best choice is Ron Paul, but the GOP will do whatever it has to to keep him out. I wish he'd run as an Independent.

Politics are hard for me...I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative, but even have some crossover there...I believe in taking care of the less fortunate, but I also can't stand that there are deadbeats out there whom my tax $ supports. Ugh.

Reactions: nadjasix

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Excuse me while I find some fucks to give.

Where are they...? Damn, I remember them falling behind the couch here. Anyone have a coat hanger? No? Alright, I'll go after them tomorrow I guess.

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trying to formulate systems around people does my head in.
Why not form one around yourself?

Right now I think the best choice is Ron Paul, but the GOP will do whatever it has to to keep him out. I wish he'd run as an Independent.
I'm actually scared for Paul. I feel like he has a chance of being taken out by the government depending how far he gets. I'm pretty sure the media, and back door politics will make sure it doesn't get to that point though.

Reactions: Pelao

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
A fundamental part of existing as human being is that we all fail at it.
Naw dawg, I fail at succeeding in the acceptable failing sense. I’m a crazy ass fail'a without style, people look at me and say he aint even trying to fail properly.

Bright side is, Richard.... no matter where you go, there you are!
Christ, don’t remind me.

Wouldn’t it be awesome if you were christ.
If you are, you have some serious explaining to do.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Naw dawg, I fail at succeeding in the acceptable failing sense. I’m a crazy ass fail'a without style, people look at me and say he aint even trying to fail properly.

Christ, don’t remind me.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Christ, don’t remind me.

@qingdom, you're so creepy.

Edit: Bitchard, do you really need reminding that you're there all the time? I feel like that's one of those things you should just know. Self-awareness and all that.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Wouldn't it be awesome if you were christ.
That gives me an idea. Bumper stickers that says "WWRD? PERC(C)"

--------------------

Stranger: "Excuse me, but what does your bumper sticker mean?"

Me: "I don't remember. It was something like... having to do with Christ being awesome and that he had some serious explaining to do on the internets."

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
@qingdom, you're so creepy.
Thanks for reminding me. Just keep in mind that you're surrounded by four walls and a ceiling that's always watching you even when freshly painted with a different color. Not counting the posters you've hung up either.. but you don't have that many regardless. *peak-a-boo*

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

Christ, don’t remind me.

So let me get this straight. You fail at failing?

Well that's new.

And what is "acceptable" failure?

That gives me an idea. Bumper stickers that says "WWRD? PERC(C)"

--------------------

Stranger: "Excuse me, but what does your bumper sticker mean?"

Me: "I don't remember. It was something like... having to do with Christ being awesome and that he had some serious explaining to do on the internets."
You just gave me an awesome idea for a meme.... The What Would Richard Do Meme! I'll get right on it and see what ideas sprout out :p

1 - 20 of 174 Posts