• Other, I'm an SF

Votes: 2 0.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you want you can write a comment to explain your position, just respect each other opinion! :)

The Poll is anonymous, so express yourself freely!

When I wrote "God" I meant a God who belongs to one of the mainly religions...

·
Registered
418 Posts
I believe in supernatural beings. Whether or not one or more of them are deity, I don't know. Whether or not any religions accurately describes them, I don't know. My knowledge of the matter is largely experiential and intuitive.

I guess that's a "maybe".

·
Banned
3,980 Posts
I'm sooooo confused when it comes to religion. I'm not sure if I believe in God or not, but the thought of a mean God really terrifies me, which is what I think I believe in (due to fear). Honestly I'm trying to convince myself to believe in reincarnation.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Religion has had such a negligible presence in my life. It's to the point where I'm a bit surprised when I meet a religious person. They pop up so infrequently that I sometimes forget that they exist lol. Lucky me, I guess. I doubt I need to spell it out, but in case I do: I don't believe in god (and I'm an NF).

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I believe that it's possible, but that it makes no difference unless God decides to show himself to us.

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahem, saying you're agnostic is not related to what you believe, only what you know. That being said, I'm a pantheist.
Yes but since that few people know the exactly definition of "agnostic" the most simple option to insert was the one that is presented in the classic polls.

- Believer
- Atheist
- Agnostic

We're all agnostic about God...

·
Banned
668 Posts
Yes but since that few people know the exactly definition of "agnostic" the most simple option to insert was the one that is presented in the classic polls.

- Believer
- Atheist
- Agnostic

We're all agnostic about God...
But aren't you encouraging the misconception? By adding "agnostic" in a category which it doesn't belong to, you are deluding people further.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Agnostic atheist/ignosticist NT.
Even if I did believe in one or more gods, I wouldn't believe in Yahweh.

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But aren't you encouraging the misconception? By adding "agnostic" in a category which it doesn't belong to, you are deluding people further.
It didn't seem a problem so big to me. In my opinion when you do a poll you have the insert the common answers non the ones that you think should be in it...
If you don't like agnostic vote something else, it's not a problem. If someone wanted to vote agnostic and there were no option, someone would write here "why isn't there an agnostic option"?

I don't mind to be unnecessary precise, I prefer be more effective and realistic.

Also the fact that some people prefer to declare themselves "agnostic" rather than "atheist" is an important information...

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm an Agnostic (I simply don't know nor claim to) I'd like to think there is some omniscient; omnipotent, omnipresent deity but if there is one I don't think it would be anything like human expectations, so maybe I do or I'd like to think there is something beyond this life and that you don't just die and then that's it...would be pretty boring :laughing:, maybe there is and I think maybe there could be but I don't really have a religion to label that I believe in/I can't say I'm a Christian or a Buddhist follower etc, I don't know because no one truly knows if there is a deity, I don't reject the possibility of a God (so I guess I'm not an agnostic atheist) overall I don't support existence of a God nor do I support one, just literally in the middle because I believe it is beyond human understanding/comprehension or at least my own personal comprehension I don't think if there is a deity it would be anything like what some humans have portrayed in certain religions in the past and present...at least I hope not.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I went with "personal view of god", since I see myself as a pantheist.

Reactions: tantomoriremotutti

·
Banned
668 Posts
It didn't seem a problem so big to me. In my opinion when you do a poll you have the insert the common answers non the ones that you think should be in it...
If you don't like agnostic vote something else, it's not a problem. If someone wanted to vote agnostic and there were no option, someone would write here "why isn't there an agnostic option"?

I don't mind to be unnecessary precise, I prefer be more effective and realistic.

Also the fact that some people prefer to declare themselves "agnostic" rather than "atheist" is an important information...
Seeing how "agnostic" and "atheist" are not mutually exclusive terms, people can declare themselves both.

When the question is "Do you believe in a deity?" answering with "I don't know" makes no sense. You can't not know your own opinion.
When the question is "Do you know your belief is true?" answering with "I don't know" makes more sense.

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When the question is "Do you believe in a deity?" answering with "I don't know" makes no sense. You can't not know your own opinion.
That's just YOUR opinion. People are different, think in different ways, maybe what for you is pointless for others make perfectly sense. Anyway we're talking about something that cannot be change, sooo what's the point?

Reactions: neurosis

·
Registered
26,827 Posts
I don't believe in any deities, although I cannot prove or disprove the existence of deities. I do believe, however, that -

1. Any such deities will not have human qualities and therefore will not one of those worshipped by humans.
2. If a deity exists, that they will have set evolution into motion rather than simply creating everything.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Seeing how "agnostic" and "atheist" are not mutually exclusive terms, people can declare themselves both.

When the question is "Do you know your belief is true?" answering with "I don't know" makes more sense.
you're definitely an INTX. who else would care so much about the context? geez, people.

·
Banned
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you're definitely an INTJ. who else would care so much about the context? geez, people.
I'm an INTJ too and I can't see the point. That behavior seems more an INTP thing to me, they're very precise with definitions. I think that social study has to fit to the subject of the study, and not the opposite...
You have to provide many possibility and than let the people decide the options that they think is most representative of their thoughts, eliminate a choice just because I think is formally incorrect is very ineffective in my opinion...

1 - 20 of 172 Posts